• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onQ123

I always referred to 1440p as 2k... woops

1440P is WQHD Wide Quad High Definition

1440P is to 720P what 2160P is to 1080P & what 1800P is to 900P.

So when the new consoles come out & we are unsure of what to be happy or mad about the easy thing to do is look at 1440p as 720p , 1800p as 900p & 2160p as 1080p so we can resolution whine like old times.

anothertech

So when the new consoles come out & we are unsure of what to be happy or mad about the easy thing to do is look at 1440p as 720p , 1800p as 900p & 2160p as 1080p so we can resolution whine like old times.
lol can't wait.

At least the whining will be much more complicated now.

ViciousDS

Banned

I have a 1080p display......I win no matter the fight!!!

onQ123

lol can't wait.

At least the whining will be much more complicated now.

These pixels don't look fully uncompressed to me

gKBdT.jpg

Edit: Speaking of uncompressed pixels

SCHEME FOR COMPRESSING VERTEX SHADER OUTPUT PARAMETERS

Abstract
A graphics processing may include implementing a vertex shader and a pixel shader with a GPU. Vertex parameter values may be compressed with the vertex shader and compressed vertex parameter values may be written to a cache. The pixel shader may access the compressed vertex parameter values that were written to the cache and decompress the compressed vertex parameter values. It is emphasized that this abstract is provided to comply with the rules requiring an abstract that will allow a searcher or other reader to quickly ascertain the subject matter of the technical disclosure. It is submitted with the understanding that it will not be used to interpret or limit the scope or meaning of the claims.

Inventors: Cerny; Mark Evan; (Los Angeles, CA) ; Simpson; David; (Los Angeles, CA) ; Scanlin; Jason; (Los Angeles, CA)
Applicant:
Name City State Country Type

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Tokyo
JP
Family ID: 52005097
Appl. No.: 14/297201
Filed: June 5, 2014

vin-buc

Ha - this is a good way to compare rez's.

Metfanant

Disagree...the PS4's design is much more inline with a machine built to render native 1080p, than the Neo is for native 2160p

Ushay

Unbelievable...my friend has a slim already and is trying to sell me one too. Sony failed hard at trying the imminent Apple style release.

BroBot

What is the possibility that the PS4 Slim is 4K-ready and will be enabled through the official 4.00 update (not the beta)?

Metfanant

How does that change anything that I just posted? you just like to disagree

Because if a AAA PS4 game doesn't hit 1080p native, you have a legit argument, that the devs could have done better...

On the Neo, if a AAA game isn't native 4k...you don't have much of an argument...because the hardware isn't there for modern AAA titles at native 4k

Jonboy

Looks like they have tbh. Oh well maybe they give a trim around the edge that's an LED.
Sony intern: They love the led on the console...
Sony exec: Take it away!
Sony intern: They hate the light bar on the controller...
Sony exec: Let's add another one!
Sony intern: Wait...

onQ123

Because if a AAA PS4 game doesn't hit 1080p native, you have a legit argument, that the devs could have done better...

On the Neo, if a AAA game isn't native 4k...you don't have much of an argument...because the hardware isn't there for modern AAA titles at native 4k

What does that have to do with my post?

That's a weird one in that we've heard it's been a mess for them on PS4 yet for it to ever come out, it needs to have not only a Neo version which they can likely manage, but also a standard PS4 build and that's the hitch

I heard they completely revamped Deep Down from F2P to a full retail game and that is reason it went silent.

Servbot24

Banned
Unbelievable...my friend has a slim already and is trying to sell me one too. Sony failed hard at trying the imminent Apple style release.
Eh, I doubt they care that much. They're selling PS4s, and the console reveal that actually matters is still somewhat under wraps.

Lucreto

I never traded in a console before, the console is perfect but the controller is a wreck. Should I buy a new controller and include it in the trade in or just clean up the controller and hope they don't notice the crack.

I never traded in a console before, the console is perfect but the controller is a wreck. Should I buy a new controller and include it in the trade in or just clean up the controller and hope they don't notice the crack.

Just go see how much they will give for it. Spending 60 dollars on a controller is not going to add 60 dollars worth of value to the system.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Get a new controller... otherwise who you would be screwing over is really the next owner of the console more than the shop.

Celcius

°Temp. member
All this info is leaking and we still have a week and a half to go. :(
I bet Sony saw the PS4 slim leaking like crazy and the execs were like "Self destruct all the Neo's! We can risk the public seeing them before release. It will take 2 months to manufacture more but we'll just push back the release date."
haha

Stuff is going to get leaked in this day and age.

I doubt Sony is losing much sleep over it. There will be some growing pains with the Neo because console gamers have never seen anything like this, but the next time around people will have adjusted and things will go more smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom