• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CrCjF9bXYAArIVn.jpg

I'm hungry

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Slim is apparently pretty damn quiet.

I'm expecting Neo to be a bit louder than that but the weight measurements make me think that there's a pretty beefy cooling system in there.

How is the rumoured weight vs the launch ps4? I wouldn't expect power draw to be any higher than the OG ps4, so what is the extra weight coming from? Heavier heat sink could be one, maybe a UHD drive is a tad heavier but only a few grams, surely. Could they be making space for a 3.5" HDD which would be a lot heavier than 2.5"

Kyoufu

How is the rumoured weight vs the launch ps4? I wouldn't expect power draw to be any higher than the OG ps4, so what is the extra weight coming from? Heavier heat sink could be one, maybe a UHD drive is a tad heavier but only a few grams, surely. Could they be making space for a 3.5" HDD which would be a lot heavier than 2.5"

Google says OG PS4 is 2.8kg.

TalonJH

Google Translate:

1: button is located below the middle layer rather than above, its reading off key and key buttons is a cross-linked together.

2: breathing lights moved to the position below the middle layer, and the key merger.

3: USB interface to only two in the second and third intermediate layer.

4: its reading in the middle of the first layer and the second layer.

5: Rear power socket and a conventional power socket PS4 is completely different (to several times).

6: White

7: weighing 4.5 kg.

Holy shit, it actually is around 10 lbs. That's about a 4 lb difference. I'm okay with that.

Voror

I wonder if preorders for the Neo are going to be up once the show is over or perhaps the next day. I figure the first shipment will likely sell out depending on how many they do for the release. I'd imagine they'd have a lot for the upcoming holidays.

Damn you guys are unlucky. I have a launch unit and it has always been silent. Not as silent as the XBone, but decent enough. And my room used to get to 100º in the summer.

My launch day PS4 is normally quiet, but some games make the fans run loudly. UC4 is probably the worst offender.

Nothing like my launch day PS3: I didn't get TLOU until the remaster because I wouldn't have been able to hear the dialogue over the PS3's fan noise!

farisr

I wonder where did the 1TB figure come from? What's wrong with 500GB?
Same dude who was leaking the way it looks. 1TB comes off as "more premium," and they can get away with charging $50 extra for something that cost them only $10-20 more than the 500GB drive. (and if it's a 3.5 inch drive, then it could possibly even cost the same or even less)

Note that PSVR also cost RMB3000 in China and I don't think manufacture actually know the final price.
Yeah. It could be the Foxconn fab price. It looks like they finally went for the 499 dollars alternative with improved cpu that Osiris wrote about. With that size and weight it must have a similar tdp to OG PS3, near 220 watts:a RX480 like GPU(170 watts with 8 GB of GDRR5) +zen cores(50 watts) apu?.
I wouldnt even rule out discrete cpu+gpu.

sense

If Sony believe they might be supply constrained then I can see them going up to 499 but I personally see them going for 449.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Fuck that, $499 is my max
/s

My only issue is I already have 2 PS4's and this would replace my primary one downstairs, so what to do with the older model?

Trade it in to reduce some of the pain like I did. OG PS4 got me a best buy gift card for $200, I still have my 20th ani. ps4.

vpance

A KG heavier than the OG XO though? That would be ridiculous?

Better to compare with PS3 fat. 1 lbs lighter, but probably cheaper fit and finish, and perhaps a PSU on par with it. The cooling solution must be at least as significant as the one in fat if not more so.

$499 minimum is a lock, sorry guys.

Better to compare with PS3 fat. 1 lbs lighter, but probably cheaper fit and finish, and perhaps a PSU on par with it. The cooling solution must be at least as significant as the one in fat if not more so.

If it has the specs to match I'll be there day one.

I'm not a computer expert, but based on hardware, if this was the design in general and USB and drive are on different layers, it'd make more sense to have the drive up top and the usb and board on the bottom, correct?

If we take the weight for granted, we should take the pricing for granted too, which is definitely not 499.RPM3000 is not 500.

THE:MILKMAN

Yeah. It could be the Foxconn fab price. It looks like they finally went for the 499 dollars alternative with improved cpu that Osiris wrote about. With that size and weight it must have a similar tdp to OG PS3, near 220 watts:a RX480 like GPU(170 watts with 8 GB of GDRR5) +zen cores(50 watts) apu?.
I wouldnt even rule out discrete cpu+gpu.

The timeline of events just doesn't fit for this to be the case for me, but I'm open to surprises.

It absolutely will be a APU so discrete GPU+CPU can be 100% ruled out.

If we take the weight for granted, we should take the pricing for granted too, which is definitely not 499.RPM3000 is not 500.

I get that he saw the actual SKU and maybe he even knows how much it weights, but price? How should a Foxconn Worker have any kind of insights about the price? I doubt there will be a bigh "only RPM300!" call-out on the box art.

vpance

If it has the specs to match I'll be there day one.

I think it will. Sony hasn't shown anything so far that they'd be willing to pull an Xbone with their hardware designs.

Don't really believe the price rumor. Although, maybe Sony is going for the kill and subsidizing $50-100 of the cost. Not likely, but they did raise a lot of cash recently, and now the PS+ price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom