• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
Wonder if it will end up being this:

1358972140_5811_ps4.jpg

8b85eae1a5d8033de113909cc974710f.jpg

1358972140_1032_ps4_02.jpg

149a4f16f0486b10877ff1e66d4b2333.jpg

1358972140_2752_ps4_08.jpg

1358972140_5579_ps4_09.jpg

148d8a970123380b0cfc0ac3131352dc.jpg

Volotaire

8b85eae1a5d8033de113909cc974710f.jpg

Not liking the look of this style, I'm hoping for something more plain and simplistic, more monolith like Sony's other recent TV's or Xperia Z, but not as plain as the black Wii U.

I'm guessing it will be more like their other products due to the recent trend of unifying all products in company brands and products. But I'm also hoping for something unique.

Are we sure that they are announcing this early?

It doesn't make much sense to make a statement like that:

"Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?" And then announce your console less than 1 month after you said that and allegedly months before Ms announce theirs.

Not complaining if they do, i'm just not holding my breath, loved to be proven wrong, though :p

NotLiquid

It's about time really, but I can't say I'm as hyped as everyone else. This gen's dragged on for so long that any excitement about new consoles for me has kind of dissipated and I've just gotten way too comfortable. Perhaps I'm just losing interest in these things, or maybe it's the preconception that the jump probably won't be nearly as massive as it was between this one and the last one. Or maybe I just have too much of a cynical outlook about what this upcoming gen is going to mean for developers and publishers alike after a lot of shutdowns, crazy budgets and such that happened during this one.

Either way, it's going to be interesting. Looking forward to what Sony have in store.

Are we sure that they are announcing this early?

It doesn't make much sense to make a statement like that:

"Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?" And then announce your console less than 1 month after you said that and allegedly months before Ms announce theirs.

Not complaining if they do, i'm just not holding my breath, loved to be proven wrong, though :p

Personally I think a lot of people are underestimating Microsoft.

My own speculation would be Sony are aware of what Microsoft are launching, and have made a decision to strike early for an initial next generation buzz kick. I then believe Microsoft will show something pretty amazing soon after. Too many people are using Kinect and slower memory as a reason to dismiss them, but I think they will offer something pretty impressive.

Mononoke

Banned

1358972140_5811_ps4.jpg

I don't really care about how a console looks, in all honesty. I normally just stick it by my entertainment system, and don't really look at it.

That said, this kind of looks ugly to me. I don't like how the buttons tray sticks out beyond the rest. But then again, if this IS what it's going to look like, it looks very compact. And that's great.

Do we really expect these new consoles to be that small? I guess I've been in PC gaming for too long. But anytime I hear high specs, I think, it has to be bigger because the power consumption (room for the parts to breathe etc.).

Calcaneus

I hope they change up the dualshock design. Make it a bit larger and switch the dpad with the left stick.

Basically the 360 controller.

ironcreed

Banned
I don't really care about how a console looks, in all honesty. I normally just stick it by my entertainment system, and don't really look at it.

That said, this kind of looks ugly to me. I don't like how the buttons tray sticks out beyond the rest. But then again, if this IS what it's going to look like, it looks very compact. And that's great.

Do we really expect these new consoles to be that small? I guess I've been in PC gaming for too long. But anytime I hear high specs, I think, it has to be bigger because the power consumption (room for the parts to breathe etc.).

That is just a concept created by a guy named Joseph Dumary. While it's not bad, it is certainly not very attractive. I was just messing with people who may have not seen it.

Could someone that was here in 2005. say if this pre-announcement hype level is higher or lower than the one for PS3?

Well, I recall the PS3 reveal at E3 2005 was kind of a shocker. Many people thought there would be a PS Meeting in early 2006 to reveal it, or even E3 2006.

Hype for PS3 from E3 2005 (Killzone had people in disbelief & the FFVII tech demo absolutely destroyed GAF) up until before their E3 2006 conference was absolutely massive.

Massive.

After PS2's domination and the target renders for PS3, most people figured Sony was going to instantly bury 360 at E3 2006.

Obviously that didn't happen and everyone, Sony faithful and non-Sony faithful, were shellshocked by the price reveal. Even with FFXIII/Versus & MGS4 trailers, the air went out of the balloon so fucking fast you wouldn't believe it. It was absolute chaos around here.

In relation to this upcoming show, for tradition sake, I hope Sony gets Square to do another FF 'tech demo' of a previously released game (FFX maybe?) for the PS4 reveal. It's kind of been a tradition since PS2's announcement.
They'll probably just use Agni's Philosophy instead. :/

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Has the venue for the meeting been disclosed yet? Several journalists have received invites so I assume it's mentioned somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom