• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelcurio

Ss4h0xC.jpg

That was direct haha

ironcreed

Banned
I imagine how cool it would be if it followed a clean simple and minimalistic style.

I would like it if it was just sleek black with some nice angular/curvy accents and that blue 'PS' logo in the corner. Blue light for when the system is running as well.

The_Monk

I would like it if it was just sleek black with some nice angular/curvy accents and that blue 'PS' logo in the corner. Blue light for when the system is running as well.

That sounds pretty nice to be honest. Of course, later they will remove led lights and etc to make the production cheaper. The first PS3's were built to resist, so awesome.

Okay guys, this is really really dumb. But we're being excited and all about next gen so why not have some fun with it?

So this frame in the video caught my eye:

Anyone think I'm on to something? (Probably not)

coldfoot

Banned
Guys, you realize the meeting is in NY and not Tokyo, right? This means:

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about that the Playstation meeting is in NYC and that the PS4 is developed by western developers for western tastes, is not going to want to purchase PS4, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move. The PS4 is nothing more than a dudebroshooter console in the Japanese public's eyes and it'll sell as good as the Xbox did in Japan.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel the Playstation meeting in New York or you can kiss your business goodbye.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
While we are into design: as they appeared when they were first revealed:

Crazy to think it's almost eight years since the debut of PS3. And next year marks the 20th anniversary of the PlayStation brand!

I don't care too much about the looks of Orbis. As long as the design allows for good airflow and is robust, I'm satisfied. Something similar to PSX (DVR) would be nice.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about that the Playstation meeting is in NYC and that the PS4 is developed by western developers for western tastes, is not going to want to purchase PS4, nor will they purchase any of Sony's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move. The PS4 is nothing more than a dudebroshooter console in the Japanese public's eyes and it'll sell as good as the Xbox did in Japan.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel the Playstation meeting in New York or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lol

shot in the foot is probably the greatest gaf post ever.

Japanese people like handhelds, and japanese developers want the less powerful machine possible.
Sony presented Vita in Japan in 2011 and it sells like shit anyway.
PS4 will have even worse japanese support in the first years because of the increasing budgets required to develop for. NA market is the key, and is where microsoft dominates, Sony need to do something. Japan presentation with western games is pointless.

The_Monk

Japanese people like handhelds, and japanese developers want the less powerful machine possible.
PS4 will have even worse japanese support in the first years because of the increasing budgets required to develop for. NA market is the key, and is where microsoft dominates, Sony need to do something. Japan presentation with western games is pointless.

He got you! :p

Don't take it seriously. It's a long running GAF joke.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but if this is a PS4 reveal, I would expect a PS3 price drop in tandem. They want to keep selling PS3s, not kill them with a PS4 announcement.

Wynnebeck

Banned

lol This is still funny.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but if this is a PS4 reveal, I would expect a PS3 price drop in tandem. They want to keep selling PS3s, not kill them with a PS4 announcement.

I think PS3 and Vita will both get some attention at the event. And both will get price drops.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I think PS3 and Vita will both get some attention at the event. And both will get price drops.

Ya, forgot about the Vita, it is defiantly due. They tested the waters with a $199 Vita and PS3 for the holidays and now they will make it permanent. I also think the Vita will be closely integrated with the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom