• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

Ready at Dawn is working on a next generation console title. Its probably the PS4 and my guess is that their game might be shown at the event.

This is what I see:
http://i.imgur.com/P3nBTEJ.png[IMG]

Yes, I suck. No, I don't know how to do fancy stuff in shop.[/QUOTE]
That's a good interpretation, but I sure hope it isn't true. I'd hate to see consoles lose their personality for "simple and sleek" boring rectangles.

JoshHood

Looks like reflections of transparent 3D models. Er, rather, just the symbols reflecting on each other.
True, but there's a sort of grill-pattern on one end ( like the front of the PS2 slim) that I don't think would be present if it was simply a reflection - all the symbols have flat sides.

DBT85

This thread got creepy guys. I'll Kazify on my days off though ;)

playstation4.jpg

thoughts?

Are you serious?

The power button is 3 inches wide ffs. It's a mocukup made by someone who knows nothing about hardware or design.

So, Uncharted 4 on day one?

HAHA. no.

But basically SCE's US hub is in LA. It can be literally anything SCE touches.

I would guess he is going to get a final look at things that will be shown at the event. I will guess other people from SCEE and SCEJ will probably be showing him stuff as well if its planned to be shown.

Still dont expect a load of game debuts at this event. Its going to be 70% hardware and service focused with the renaming 30% being tech demos and maybe 3 or 4 actual games.

New IP from Guerrilla Games will probably be shown there or at E3. Wouldnt not be shocked to see whatever Stigs team at SSM has been working on. Also a token 3rd party. Maybe Kojima? He was hinting at showing something next gen coming "sooner then you would think" or something a few weeks ago. Also something megaton worthy because thats what console reveals are about.

I suspect Naughty Dog will be silent for another year or two. Gotta save something for later you know?

vivftp

So PS4 is all but confirmed for this event. What else is rumoured to be showing up? I mean, we all have a wish list of things like Gaikai, controller redesign, launch games, Vita games/price cut/accessories, playstation phone... and whatnot, but are any of these "inside sources" claiming we should be seeing anything else?

Personally I'm still hoping that either Sony has an Oculus Rift competitor that they will show, or maybe even announce Rift compatability with the PS4. I haven't been following news on the Rift to be honest... what ARE the chances that the PS4 will be able to use it from a technical perspective?

On another note, I hope this event goes off without a hitch. In a way I'm glad that Sony had that technical glitch at CES with the 4k OLED TV during the press conference as an incident like that will hopefully cause them to be even more aware and careful for this and future events.

RiverBed

Banned
Not all Sony teams are working on PS4: they have to have some of them working on Vita.

Juggling multiple platforms is not easy.

Iacobellis

HAHA. no.

But basically SCE's US hub is in LA. It can be literally anything SCE touches.

I would guess he is going to get a final look at things that will be shown at the event. I will guess other people from SCEE and SCEJ will probably be showing him stuff as well if its planned to be shown.

Still dont expect a load of game debuts at this event. Its going to be 70% hardware and service focused with the renaming 30% being tech demos and maybe 3 or 4 actual games.

New IP from Guerrilla Games will probably be shown there or at E3. Wouldnt not be shocked to see whatever Stigs team at SSM has been working on. Also a token 3rd party. Maybe Kojima? He was hinting at showing something next gen coming "sooner then you would think" or something a few weeks ago. Also something megaton worthy because thats what console reveals are about.

I suspect Naughty Dog will be silent for another year or two. Gotta save something for later you know?

Yeah, but it would boost day one sales. Case in point, the Vita.

Gadirok

So PS4 is all but confirmed for this event. What else is rumoured to be showing up? I mean, we all have a wish list of things like Gaikai, controller redesign, launch games, Vita games/price cut/accessories, playstation phone... and whatnot, but are any of these "inside sources" claiming we should be seeing anything else?

Personally I'm still hoping that either Sony has an Oculus Rift competitor that they will show, or maybe even announce Rift compatability with the PS4. I haven't been following news on the Rift to be honest... what ARE the chances that the PS4 will be able to use it from a technical perspective?

On another note, I hope this event goes off without a hitch. In a way I'm glad that Sony had that technical glitch at CES with the 4k OLED TV during the press conference as an incident like that will hopefully cause them to be even more aware and careful for this and future events.

Save the true playstaton phone for E3. I think they should have done that at launch though, it would have made a much larger impact then.

Anyways if a PSvita style phone comes out, I know what I'm doing to my nokia lumia and which service provider I'm ditching. I honestly wouldn't mind a smaller screen for a vita, as long as it came with some built in memory.

DBT85

Honestly I don't expect anything not PS4 related to be talked about. That will possibly include Gaikai, the controller and games but nothing to do with Vita or a PlayStation Phone or anything else. That stuff will be held for normal conferences like GDC, E3, TGS, etc.

As for Oculus Rift, Sony will have the ability to do it, but whether they leverage that or not is another matter. I doubt you'll see support of Oculus Rift and I doubt you'll see Sony mention anything like that of it's own any time soon.

I don't get the desire for a PlayStation Vita Phone.

vivftp

Save the true playstaton phone for E3. I think they should have done that at launch though, it would have made a much larger impact then.

Anyways if a PSvita style phone comes out, I know what I'm doing to my nokia lumia and which service provider I'm ditching. I honestly wouldn't mind a smaller screen for a vita, as long as it came with some built in memory.

Well I think it would be a given that a Vita phone would have to have built in memory. Considering it'd likely be a premium phone and sell for at least double the price of the Vita itself, I don't see why they couldn't toss in at least 32GB.

Anywys, I don't want to get too off topic by discussing a Vita phone, even though I would LOVE to talk about it. Too bad I can't create topics yet... ah well :)

Shancake

Does it worry anybody about how much the controllers are going to cost if it has an touch display.. The dualshock sticks always break around the edges..

vivftp

Ok... so Sony should have SOME sort of next gen game or at the very least a tech demo to show on the 20th to demonstrate the power of the PS4. Assuming it's a game (really hope that's the case), who wants to take guesses as to what it'll be? Uncharted? GT?

I'm going to be honest, not 20 minutes ago I learned about WatchDogs for the first time and fell in love. I know there's nothing officially saying it'll be on the next gen consoles, but IF it is, and IF Sony wants to show something jaw dropping, I think that's as good a thing as any!

ekim

Ok... so Sony should have SOME sort of next gen game or at the very least a tech demo to show on the 20th to demonstrate the power of the PS4. Assuming it's a game (really hope that's the case), who wants to take guesses as to what it'll be? Uncharted? GT?

I'm going to be honest, not 20 minutes ago I learned about WatchDogs for the first time and fell in love. I know there's nothing officially saying it'll be on the next gen consoles, but IF it is, and IF Sony wants to show something jaw dropping, I think that's as good a thing as any!

I guess Agni's Philosophy engine game will be shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom