• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilkhani

Neo Member
Seeing as how this event is MEGA HUGE. Is it plausible that sony is making people turn over their cell phones before entering the building. is that kind of stuff unheard of?

Not unheard of, but the point of this event is marketing, so asking people to turn off devices that spread the information seems contradictory.
Not to mention the show is being streamed live.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seeing as how this event is MEGA HUGE. Is it plausible that sony is making people turn over their cell phones before entering the building. is that kind of stuff unheard of?

You do realize they're streaming the event right?

Although there are those streams where they show something inside the room that can't be shown on the stream, I remember seeing a few JP events like this. Something so big and mind blowing that they can't actually show it to the public just yet.

Would make for a hilarious event though. Lights go off, camera cuts off, 3 minutes later its just a bunch of people going nuts.

starrdrum17

Neo Member

Although there are those streams where they show something inside the room that can't be shown on the stream, I remember seeing a few JP events like this. Something so big and mind blowing that they can't actually show it to the public just yet.

Would make for a hilarious event though. Lights go off, camera cuts off, 3 minutes later its just a bunch of people going nuts.

im not talking about ON the 20th, i mean now. there is obviously dress rehersals and staging and lighting and all that shit.. thats what i meant.

Playstation Meeting 2011 had no official live stream. I remember there was some crappy poor quality unofficial stream on the Kotaku liveblog for it.

That won't be a problem this time.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

i4yJEma4JsKLd.gif

Kandinsky

I will be so pissed when/if they show Versus and TLG as PS4 exclusive titles, that I will probably tear the mouse button apart when I click that preorder button D:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
we already got huge controller and dev kit leak.

at this point I really don't want any more leaks,more leaks will just ruin the press conference.

Right now, if I saw a GAF thread titled 'PlayStation 4 console pics leaked', I don't think I'd want to see it. Although I'm going to have to wait a full day to check out reactions from a crappy hotel wifi hotspot

Sucker Punch released nothing since Infamous 2(Carnival of Blood is just an expansion pack) I guess they are ready for PS4 launch or at least first year with something.

Within the first year sounds good. They need to space the releases out so that there's a steady flow of quality titles coming from their studio.

2 new IPs? if they want it to succeed right out of the gate they need to have an established IP from the get go.

There should be some known third party brands at launch. Console launches are a great time to release new IP's, so that's why I suggested two new IP's for launch. As long as they're really good then it won't matter if they aren't brand names. HALO wasn't a brand name when it launched, and look how that turned out.

Raven77

Just noticed that this is at 5pm my time!

AND TO THINK I almost took off work for this...BOY WOULD MY FACE HAVE BEEN RED!!!

Sid

Within the first year sounds good. They need to space the releases out so that there's a steady flow of quality titles coming from their studio.

There should be some known third party brands at launch. Console launches are a great time to release new IP's, so that's why I suggested two new IP's for launch. As long as they're really good then it won't matter if they aren't brand names. HALO wasn't a brand name when it launched, and look how that turned out.
I agree but having a well known PS IP would only help their cause and especially something like Killzone will get all the exposure it needs to become a big brand.

Sky Chief

I had a dream last night that Sony was doing their conference in New York because GTAV is a PS4 launch game and next gen exclusive on PS4.

I had a dream last night that Sony was doing their conference in New York because GTAV is a PS4 launch game and next gen exclusive on PS4.

I want to have a dream where during the conference Ken Levine walks out on stage, announces System Shock 3 as an exclusive launch title. The dream will then fast forward to launch day and i will play through the entire game before waking up.

I want to dream that, because it's never going to happen.

I want to have a dream where during the conference Ken Levine walks out on stage, announces System Shock 3 as an exclusive launch title. The dream will then fast forward to launch day and i will play through the entire game before waking up.

I want to dream that, because it's never going to happen.

where do I sign up for this dream of dreams

System Shock II HD is all I ask for...

I agree but having a well known PS IP would only help their cause and especially something like Killzone will get all the exposure it needs to become a big brand.

No doubt that would help. But it seems like many feel that their new IP is much more likely to make an appearance than KZ4. Plus they could launch with new IP's and then have some big name IP sready a few months after release. I still think that there's a possibility that GT6 is going to fit into the PS4's launch window. And Sony really can't ask for more than that.

What is the % chance of seeing gameplay videos?

100%

I know this is blasphemy but does anyone know if the IGN live stream will be on the IGN app on Xbox Live.

I'm asking, because if not, I'll have to watch it on my phone.

How are you so sure? They could show Killzone 2/Motorstorm bullshit like in 2005/2006.

No way are they going to repeat that. They don't need any negativity coming out of this event. Look at what they did during the Vita event. Gameplay demos and trailers. They also had real tech demos from KojiPro and Capcom. No target renders in sight.

THE:MILKMAN

How are you so sure? They could show Killzone 2/Motorstorm bullshit like in 2005/2006.

You do know they have been working on PS4 games for 2+ years right? And that back in 2005 they had barely even begun to start on PS3 games.

Not only will there be real gameplay trailers, I'd wager at least one on stage gameplay demo.

velociraptor

I really hope Last of Us and Beyond are released on the PS4 in addition to the PS3. I would rather wait for the superior 1080p editions.

Saberus

Yup games have been in development for the past two years now, think I remember rumours that some developers have been itching to show their work off for a few months now. It will be amazing to see, and how much will be held back for e3.

Raoh

Sigh..

So the event is at 5pm eastern?

I work 10am to 6pm, I could leave later but .. why?

I'd rather go to the gym.. Any chance that someone will upload this event to the internet/torrents/icefilms/online share drive to view later?

Sigh..

So the event is at 5pm eastern?

I work 10am to 6pm, I could leave later but .. why?

I'd rather go to the gym.. Any chance that someone will upload this event to the internet/torrents/icefilms/online share drive to view later?

Don't fret bro. Whenever you login to gaf you will be able to catch up on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom