• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
Early on a customer had to not only pay the $50 online subscription, but they had to buy a $100 Wifi adapter too! It just kills me that MS got away with that.

Ya that was some bullshit. It's funny because the would be cost to play my xbox online went to buying me a PS3 instead.
KuGsj.gif

Funny thing is financially its not an issue for me at all, but would kill my nephews .

But the problem is its competitor (MS) already charges for that feature, so it's not like something out of the world.

bottom line to me is all about games and I hope they rock it and show a beautiful design console for gamers

The thing is, don't you think that the Sony strategists thought long and hard about how they're going to differentiate themselves from their main competition.

It's MS who are the outliers here, Sony,Nintendo,PC(steam) and even iOS don't charge for MP. It is MS who's under pressure to justify charging for a service that's free on all their competitors platforms.

They should be able to make Plus/World appealing enough without having to include online play. Include cross game chat in it and make it a package deal with Gaikai for something like $100 a year. If that gives you free access to every game on PSN (PSone-PS3), then that's a damn good deal. And it should draw in more people than Plus has so far.

The thing is, don't you think that the Sony strategists thought long and hard about how they're going to differentiate themselves from their main competition.

It's MS who are the outliers here, Sony,Nintendo,PC(steam) and even iOS don't charge for MP. It is MS who's under pressure to justify charging for a service that's free on all their competitors platforms.
Well, like it or not MS has already justified it with the ton of money Live brings in. So how does Sony justify to its shareholders why they're allowing the competition to profit from this when they don't?

Mario007

They should be able to make Plus/World appealing enough without having to include online play. Include cross game chat in it and make it a package deal with Gaikai for something like $100 a year. If that gives you free access to every game on PSN (PSone-PS3), then that's a damn good deal. And it should draw in more people than Plus has so far.

Honestly all they have to do is rename Plus to World and it'll be appealing. Add in a few extra online functions and you've got yourself a winner.

I fell victim to that. :(

I understand, the 360 was a good gaming machine and gamers were invested in the Live ecosystem. But it's annoying how gamers and the media didn't put more pressure on MS with criticism of their business practices. That's why I hope Sony feels enough pressure and doesn't want to risk negative publicity by putting multiplayer and things like Netflix behind a paywall.

And if they don't, they need to do a better job of emphasizing it, like at this meeting.

Kazman: "We don't believe in making gamers pay to play online multiplayer, unlike our competitor. Online is still free!"

CROWD CHEERS.

Holy shit is this guy that Wario64 retweeted for real? He's dropping some crazy bombs.

Its a joke and I suspect by Wario or someone making fun of the press:

There will be only one SKU available, at $399.

Online gaming will definitely be behind a paywall, except with the $389 SKU.

Online gaming will not be behind a paywall, despite reports to the contrary.

there are three skus: $349, $499, $559. $559 is teribyte drive, $349 is 150GB.

Spinluck

Isn't he contractiding himself too?

If you're talking about the dude Wario retweeted, he sounds like he's full of shit.

No way Sony charges us to have multiple accounts, what the fuck? And why would they price the SKUs that way? Wtf?

I can definitely see us paying a subscription to play used games, I'd be pisssed, but it is much better than no used games at all.

Well, like it or not MS has already justified it with the ton of money Live brings in. So how does Sony justify to its shareholders why they're allowing the competition to profit from this when they don't?
I'm not a shareholder of Sony or Microsoft, so they have to justify to ME why I should pay for something that's free elsewhere.

Horseress

Prepare for a wave full of lies 'till tomorrow night, people will take every opportunitty to elude our fragile hearts, so be very VERY careful

injurai

Banned
I really hope the transparent bar ends up looking a lot better.

Give me something like this:

tumblr_m0t6bc6NoU1qaurloo1_1280.png

tumblr_mctpd5nzJs1r4k76fo1_500.jpg

Oh god that is sexy. I hope they are getting their best at Sony to design all of this stuff.

The PS3 looked really odd, and that piano black plastic was awful.

I'm really hoping for Matte Black, with these awesome accents to boot.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
http://psmeeting.gametrailers.com is where to go for our live coverage tomorrow. Things begin at 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT from New York with Stephen Totilo, Andy McNamara, Adam Sessler, Jeff Gerstmann and others. Will stream on the web and also work on all your mobile devices like our E3 coverage.

just wink if these words mean anything: square, konami
blink if these mean anything: dice, ubisoft

http://psmeeting.gametrailers.com is where to go for our live coverage tomorrow. Things begin at 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT from New York with Stephen Totilo, Andy McNamara, Adam Sessler, Jeff Gerstmann and others. Will stream on the web and also work on all your mobile devices like our E3 coverage.
yo geoff are you gonna interview kaz afterwards?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Too damn hyped man... gonna run for an hour, just so I can sleep later. haha

The possibility of seeing BF4 tomorrow. And then Sony 1st party stuff.... how do you sleep!? how!?

I don't get excited for too many things these days. But new playstation. shit man. This is christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom