• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Network purchases to be taxed starting April 1st 2017

Behlel

Tax would already be included in Europe. Value added tax is applied to everything. The regulation will evolve to become more standardized when you buy outside of your own country but that is it.

Rates in Europe vary from 17 to 27 % so somewhere around the middle.
In italy we have even additional tax for electronic product, we pay an extra for any PC/console because they've an HDD inside and for our govern we can use it for pirates content and we have a tax for that lol
You American guys are lucky trust me.

Hydrargyrus

In italy we have even additional tax for electronic product, we pay an extra for any PC/console because they've an HDD inside and for our govern we can use it for pirates content and we have a tax for that lol

Same in Spain.

Every device where you are able to play some digital content is taxed specifically, like MP3 players, HDD, computers, TVs, consoles...

Joni

I'm Belgian, we also have a tax like that. PlayStation 4 was still €399 here.

Same in Spain.

Every device where you are able to play some digital content is taxed specifically, like MP3 players, HDD, computers, TVs, consoles...

Luxembourg is the only continental EU country without a tax like that.

I had completely forgotten that they were taxed in Canada before the 2011 hack. If I read that anywhere else I'd immediately call bullshit. I hope we don't get it for provinces like mine that are harmonized.

Top Bottom