• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Network purchases to be taxed starting April 1st 2017

atomsk

Party Pooper
Just got this in my email

Csozm3D.png

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/PlayStation-Store-Sales-Tax-Collection

fhYLWMP.jpg

edit: for reference I'm in NJ

I just got an email about it too. Here in Alabama.

got an email, here in ohio.

Got the e-mail here in MN too.

Just got an email myself. I live in Texas

Just got the email here in WA State.

I got the email here in Utah...

Just got the email here in Nebraska.

True Fire

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is devastating. Tax rates in Canada are insane. Guess I'm going to have to depend on Amazon pre-orders again?

JPS Kai

Again, state by state basis.

Although you're supposed to report all internet purchases to the IRS for tax purposes.

adj_noun

Why has PlayStation® Store started charging sales tax?
In certain areas, state and local laws require PlayStation® Store to collect applicable sales taxes. In order to comply with these laws, PlayStation® Store began collecting sales tax on its products/services in certain states in April 2016.

For some folks the tax man is old hat.

Although you're supposed to report all internet purchases to the IRS for tax purposes.

>_>

<_<

>_>

I'll just do what I did with my Nintendo 3DS and change my location to a place without sales tax. I only use PSN cards on their store anyway. Although I don't know how it would work with Vue, Now, and Music

kennyamr

States are finally catching up to the new technologies, same thing is happening with Amazon.

oh well. I was already wondering when it was going to happen.

DeVeAn

Fuuuuuck. Taxed virtual data. Damnit. Poor and middle class taxed on air next. Well, that's probably already a thing.

Top Bottom