• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread l February 2017

RK128

K7AYese.png

February begins! I know this thread is a day or two late but been busy with personal matters, so I'm sorry for the long wait. Lets have a great month in Febuary for the PS4, PS Vita and PS4 everyone!

Special Thanks goes out to ZeroAKA for letting me take over for 2017.

JHNpXIO.png

*Will be originzing and updating list within the next day or two*

Dexed (PSVR – PSN) – February 1 (EU)

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers (PS4, PS Vita – PSN) – February 1 (EU)

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 ‘Road to Boruto’ DLC (PS4 – PSN) – February 3 (NA & EU)

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 3 (NA & EU)

8Days (PS4 – PSN) – February 7 (NA & EU)

Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker (PS4 – PSN) – February 7 (NA & EU)

Nioh (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 7 (NA), February 8 (EU)

Uncanny Valley (PS4, PS Vita – PSN, cross-buy) – February 7 (NA), February 8 (EU)

Battle Islands: Commanders (PS4 – PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

Deformers (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

For Honor (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

MX Nitro (PS4 – PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

Resident Evil 7 ‘Banned Footage Vol. 2’ DLC (PS4 – PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

Ride 2 (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 14 (NA)

Semispheres (PS4 – PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

Sniper Elite 4 (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 14 (NA & EU)

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Season Pass Disc (PS4 – Retail) – February 14 (NA & EU)

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (PS4 – Retail & PSN; PS Vita – PSN) – February 21 (NA), February 24 (EU)

Final Fantasy XV ‘Booster Pack’ DLC (PS4 – PSN) – February 21 (NA & EU)

Malicious Fallen (PS4 – PSN) – February 21 (NA & EU)

Night in the Woods (PS4 – PSN) – February 21 (NA & EU)

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin (PSVR – PSN) – February 21 (NA & EU)

Sublevel Zero Redux (PS4 – PSN) – February 21 (NA), February 22 (EU)

Ys Origins (PS4, PS Vita – PSN) – February 21 (NA & EU)

LEGO Worlds (PS4 – PSN) – February 21 (NA), February 24 (EU)

Shift Happens (PS4 – PSN) – February 22 (NA & EU)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ‘A Criminal Past’ DLC (PS4 – PSN) – February 23 (NA & EU)

Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 24 (EU)

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 28 (NA)

Torment: Tides of Numenera (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 28 (NA & EU)

Valhalla Hills: Definitive Edition (PS4 – Retail & PSN) – February 28 (NA)

Source for List: PlayStation Lifestyle

*All Games Listed Come from the Dates Found on PlayStation Lifestyle*
*Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
*See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

The Games for PlayStation Plus for this month will be blow!
- This List Applies for NA and EU PSN Regions

• LittleBigPlanet 3 // PS4
  • Not a Hero // PS4
  • Starwhal // PS3, cross buy with PS4
  • Anna — Extended Edition // PS3
  • Ninja Senki DX // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
  • TorqueL // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4

Source: PlayStation Blog Post

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM ZeroAKA to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.

If you have any questions feel free to send a message here or my Twitter. I will try to make daily posts, answer questions anyone posts in the thread/PM's me about and cover some longer posts like the below examples.

sonic_generations__serious_face__gif_by_xbox_ds_gameboy-d4lw6re.gif

- PlayStation Drop Round-Up: I cover every game on the drop that appears on the PS Blog through a short summary on each game with further information.
- Links/Coverage to Stuff I Write: I do quite a bit of writing on a few game sites, so I will give links to news that happens in the realm of PlayStation in addition to reviews I publish.

So, lets have a great 2017 and thank you for your time! All above banner graphics belong to ZeroAKA.

RK128

I just wanted to say a few things, as this is my second time headlining this thread. First being that I'm sorry for the Jan. 2017 one being so 'dead'. I didn't post much and that wasn't right, as the thread headliner I should have been more active. So I will try to make it a goal to post at least once a day here.

Plans for content coming to this thread include general overviews of the PlayStation Drops and sharing news happening across PlayStation. I don't know how frequent I can do those things but I want to do a better job then last month.

Regarding upcoming reviews I'm working on related to PlayStation, I have a large number of games I'm currently playing for 3WIREL, LatestVitaGames and Brash Games. Games like Stiens;Gate 0, Dustforce, Titan Souls, World of Final Fantasy and Lost Planet 3 will be releasing in the coming days & weeks. When reviews go up, I will leave links to them so you all can check it out. If you guys don't like seeing me link reviews and stuff I write, I will not do that if enough people disprove of it.

Lastly, I want to try to make this a positive thread, as the world continues to have horrible things happening within it daily. So I will try to be positive and uplifting with my comments made in this thread.

With all that out of the way, lets have a great month and thank you all for letting me headline the PSN threads!

Don't worry about the thread being late mate, I was just asking in this one.

Here's to February! Just Super Robot Wars V (Asian-English) for me.

Does anyone know if there's a way to browse PS1 classics on the EU store?

If you go to the web store, there's no option for it, and they don't show up in either PS3 games or PSP games.

You can browse on Vita, but the list isn't complete as some games are missing.

So, any suggestions?

RK128

Does anyone know if there's a way to browse PS1 classics on the EU store?

If you go to the web store, there's no option for it, and they don't show up in either PS3 games or PSP games.

You can browse on Vita, but the list isn't complete as some games are missing.

So, any suggestions?

Mmm...... I think what you need to do is select 'PSP Games' on the Web Store (when you are looking under the PS Vita section) and you will likely start finding PS One Classics. Another suggestion is you could type specific games into the search box by name and if it's on the storefront, it will pop up.

Okay, I just looked on the store and when you are looking through Vita games, you will find a thing called 'Game Type'. Select PS1 Classics and BAM! You are set :). It will start loading up PS1 Classics only.

Mmm...... I think what you need to do is select 'PSP Games' on the Web Store (when you are looking under the PS Vita section) and you will likely start finding PS One Classics. Another suggestion is you could type specific games into the search box by name and if it's on the storefront, it will pop up.

Okay, I just looked on the store and when you are looking through Vita games, you will find a thing called 'Game Type'. Select PS1 Classics and BAM! You are set :). It will start loading up PS1 Classics only.

Doesn't work. When I search for Vita games on the store, the only options available under 'device' are "PS4"; "PS3; "PSP" and "PSVita". Same thing if you search for PSP games or PS3 games.

There's no way to filter out just PS1 games that I can see. And searching doesn't really solve my problem because I want to see a list of all the games available on the store, lol.

Thanks for trying, though :p

RK128

Doesn't work. When I search for Vita games on the store, the only options available under 'device' are "PS4"; "PS3; "PSP" and "PSVita". Same thing if you search for PSP games or PS3 games.

There's no way to filter out just PS1 games that I can see. And searching doesn't really solve my problem because I want to see a list of all the games available on the store, lol.

Thanks for trying, though :p

Mmm.....guess the EU store front is very different from the NA one. Sorry I cannot help you :(. Maybe try to do it by price? PS1 Classics are lower priced compared to most Vita games.

Edit: I found this. Likely outdated but still worth giving a look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PS_one_Classics_(PAL_region)

Haribokart

Banned
On my PS4 (Pro) Plex, Amazon & Youtube won't work at all, all, stating connectivity issues when booting them. All other apps such as BBC iPlayer & Netflix work perfectly. I have deleted and redownloaded the apps but the same things happens. Rebuilt the database, no luck. Have reset my router to its default settings, left the router off overnight and have reset the PS4 internet settings. I have tried Google DNS, have put the PS4 in my DMZ and even updated to the 4.5 beta software thinking it may be an OS problem, but this issue still persists. PS4 is wired straight into my router. The three apps stream fine on my Mac and iPhone. Online games such as GTA work fine.

Help, I'm totally baffled by this one!

VLiberty

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/02/05/vita-cel-damage-hd-review/

Finished my review of Cel Damage HD (Vita). I have a soft spot for this game from playing it on PS2. It's frustrating at times, but still enjoyable even today.
I've discovered this game with this hd remaster, although I heard about it in the ps2 days. local multiplayer on ps3/ps4 is fucking amazing. on the other hand, no multiplayer on vita is kinda a deal breaker after a while, but I've still played a lot there

I couldn't help but think how much I would've loved it if I played it 10 years ago. Same goes for Beyond good & evil which I'm playing now on ps3 for the first time, I'm loving it anyway but this could've been one of my favourite games ever had I played it in the Jak days

RK128

Is SeaGM legit? I'm trying to buy PSN Singapore cards to preorder SRW V, I usually use Offgamer but they're all sold out.

I cannot answer this sadly, as I never used that site before. Maybe try looking for other places or wait for another person to answer your question in this thread before buying it off SeaGM.

RK128

It's sonic that ruined and killed this thread. Sad!

That isn't funny; I did nothing wrong here. I could post more sure, but this thread was dead before I signed on to write for it.

I will try to post more here but don't blame me for killing the thread.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think part of the problem is there's a lot of Playstation threads so discussion gets spread around. There's a thread for upcoming first party games, a thread for Playstation Plus, then there's OTs for big games that get released, it's hard to maintain momentum on a thread like this.

Are there smaller games getting released regularly on PSN? I saw there was a youtube video posted of upcoming games for the week but it might be good to also have a little description/screenshots to spark discussion. Something like the iOS thread maybe? I'm guilty of skimming the thread to see if anyone mentions any games that I'll like the look of but not bothering to go watch the video myself so I'm sure other people might comment if there's a list of games etc.

Edit: Just seen that Alien Isolation Collection is 81% off on UK PSN. Might pick that up as I never got far through it on PC but loved the atmosphere. Lots of games on sale this week!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The upcoming vita thread is again in community, from now on the psn thread will be less ignored ;)

I feel like a traitor though, i'm ordering the gpd win, but i won't stop supporting vita!

incpdo

That isn't funny; I did nothing wrong here. I could post more sure, but this thread was dead before I signed on to write for it.

You didnt kill the thread at all for me . You always bring positivity to GAF . I'm pretty excited to see dying reborn this month . It is supposed to come out and I'm curious about it . I don't remember if there is any horror escape game like this on the vita ( not counting the no escape series because is much more than a escape game) also ys origin !

I've discovered this game with this hd remaster, although I heard about it in the ps2 days. local multiplayer on ps3/ps4 is fucking amazing. on the other hand, no multiplayer on vita is kinda a deal breaker after a while, but I've still played a lot there

I couldn't help but think how much I would've loved it if I played it 10 years ago. Same goes for Beyond good & evil which I'm playing now on ps3 for the first time, I'm loving it anyway but this could've been one of my favourite games ever had I played it in the Jak days

Yeah, I have nostalgia for it and that definitely helped. The lack of multi-player on Vita definitely is a bummer but it's still worth a knock around to play through the single player. Plus it's cross-buy so you get the other versions.

I love this game . It's a shame the single player content is almost non existent.

Yeah, apparently they were making a sequel but it got canned, I'm sure that would've had more single player content.

Ignore him mate. This isn't the first time nor will it be the last time he posts to wind things up.

randomkid

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in or not, but here's my situation.

I've got Japanese and UK PSN accounts I created years ago on my PS3 with yahoo email addresses. I was trying to log in to my JPN account on my PS4 and it won't let me without sending an email verification check. Unfortunately, Yahoo decided to delete my email account for inactivity, and googling around shows that there is absolutely no recourse for reinstating it.

Is there anything I can do to log in to my JPN account on PS4 without the email I signed up with? I assume I can't call Sony customer service since I'm in America and probably shouldn't have a JPN account according to them.

Karu

$10 PSN credit for $7 on pcgamesupply.com
Sorry if this is off topic, I'm new and don't know where to post this.
I was all giddy for a second. Of course, you can only buy one code at that price, tho. *sigh* (Not that I am that surprised, that would be a ridiclious deal, heh)

Armaly

It's actually cheaper for me to buy the Complete Edition rather than buy Old Hunters alone in this flash sale.

Tsunamo

Malicious Fallen being 45 AUD is way way too steep.

I love the game, and I love that they've added content on top of the original two releases but that price is way too steep.

PSA: If you're a PS+ sub, you have a 10% discount that ends today (24th Feb, 23:59). Check your emails.

It's part of a present campaign for PS+ subbers, where you get a 10% discount code for the first three months of 2017. The first one ends today.

on PSN Japan

I just noticed that FlatOut: Head On is no longer available on PSN.

I think it's been missing for ages and I just never noticed.

What a bummer :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is VitaGAF officially dead with the release of the Switch next week?

I'm still waiting for the English SaGa Scarlet Grace and Romancing SaGa 2. :/

RK128

So... no more threads after this one then? PS Network thread officially dead now?

I'm sorry man but I've been so busy the past few days, so had no time to make a new thread.

I will have the March thread up tonight, so sorry for the long wait.

RK128

Hello everyone,

I know I'm very far behind on the thread for March but I will have that up tomorrow morning (likely 8-9AM EST). Threads going up late will not happen again, so this will not be a common occurrence.

Top Bottom