• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I swear I'm talking to myself. :p

Well, normally, Vita games don't take much more than their base size to download. It's nothing like the crappy method the PS3 has where it requires double because it can't manage the "install" and "actual game file" at the same time.

But Destiny is weird: It states that it's 558 or so megs, even if you download it on PS3.

However, once it gets onto the Vita, according to the info, it's 758. And then it downloads a 128 meg patch, which brings the file size up to 952 Megs.

There's Vita games with large patches and stuff before, but I've never seen a file have that many issues. Downloads will flat out tell you if you don't have enough space for the base file to save, and stop you from even attempting to get the file if it won't work. All but this one...

killatopak

Gold Member
Woah. This thread moves fast.

Maybe I'll take a break from GAF. My grades have been falling recently so I guess you guys won't see me much anymore.

killatopak

Gold Member
Awww... but now who will be king of the wall of shame?

Flandy is the top poster already. I've been sporadically posting from time to time the last two weeks since it was my finals. Just saw my grades and urk it's low but still passing.

I'll still be posting a few things here and there at least until April 20 when the next term starts.

killatopak

Gold Member
Wait till you enter the workplace. It is already a miracle that I can post as frequently as I do now.

It'll be easier on me on the workplace. My course guarantees I use a PC. lol

---

I've been playing 10000000 on my phone. Any Vita game that is similar? Kinda like Spelunky with a progression. Any genre will do and in 10000000's it was puzzle rpg. I'm guessing Rogue Legacy but it's not in the Vita yet. A PS3 game would also work.

Takao

Banned
Ruh oh, is this the beginning of the end for Gurumin's run on NA PSN?

BjoePquIAAAdhd4.jpg

It used to be on the Vita store, but now it's only available on PC, and PS3. The price dropped to $10. Maybe this is a sign that it's about to get delisted?

Edgeward

What?! You're scaring me. But it did get published by Mastiff who also did.... well shit, I'm off to buy this before it's gone.

It's only listed as playable on PSP even though I know for sure it was on the vita store before. Hmmmmm

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ruh oh, is this the beginning of the end for Gurumin's run on NA PSN?

BjoePquIAAAdhd4.jpg

"Content not found"... It also happened a bunch of times to the first Roronoa game on Vita, what's that called, I forget. What's the deal with that I wonder.

Anyways, hah. Project Diva 2nd is confirmed for a us release? .... HAH.

incpdo

i just bought 60 dollars on games

Luftrausers
Steamworld Dig
FEZ
Stick it to the man(does this game seriously is 2gb size wise?WTF)
Muttant Mudds Deluxe
Console Saga(PSM)

how long takes Sony Rewards to give me points for that? it is suppose to be a 60 points transaction and im 940 points , with only 60 points more ill be able to get the 10$ PSN card and will add a game to that list of purchases

incpdo

To the people scared about the update , try doing it without the memory card inserted , i did it that way and have 0 problems.

Takao

Banned
BwydRJq.png

The Flying Hamster II will get a Kickstarter next week. It's a sequel to the shoot 'em up that came out a few years ago. This time it's a RPG platformer inspired by Wonder Boy / Monster World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCpSTighZLY

I loved the first game because it was a shmup I could finish, and the graphics were beautiful. I'm there.

The platforms will be consoles (probably Vita too) and PC.

I got the press release:
7UimpG8.jpg

Project Information

Developer: Game Atelier Publisher: Game Atelier

Genre: Sidescrolling Action-RPG
Players: 1 (up to 2 local co-op, depending on a Stretch Goal)

Platforms: PC Steam Windows (+PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, 3DS, Wii U, depending on Stretch Goals)
Support: Downloadable game

l6TXK8m.jpg

Dates
Kickstarter Campaign: April 4th 2014 (for 30 days)
Game Release: Mid-2015

Project Overview
Features :
• A Full HD action-RPG platformer for PC and Consoles
• The direct sequel to Flying Hamster (2010 - PSP, PS Vita, iOS)
• The spiritual successor of the Wonder Boy / Monster World series
• A project designed for backers with various rewards and polls

LdYqa10.jpg

Links

Flying Hamster II
Official Website
www.FlyingHamster2.com

Facebook
www.facebook.com/FlyHamster

Game Atelier
Twitter
www.twitter.com/GameAtelier

Facebook
www.facebook.com/GameAtelier

Website
www.Game-Atelier.com
wJdfO2F.jpg

Full screenshot album: http://imgur.com/a/iVjRI

I'll make a thread once the campaign starts.

Diebuster

How good or bad is battle royale in terms of Single Player campaign? anyone?

Pretty bad. The arcade mode is the meat of the single-player, but it's boring and dull. The timed matches last longer than they should and the stock matches aren't interesting since the AI doesn't put up much of a fight. The story bits are terrible even by fighting game standards. It's all just really bland and lacking in character.

Note: This quite a long rant-y post related to work, so I advise to skip it for those uninterested.

It'll be easier on me on the workplace. My course guarantees I use a PC. lol

That still depends. My friend is a software dev (programmer) in this company, and he can't even use the net.

Check your priorities. Especially if you want to continue gaming. Or have a life. He's my story. Don't make the mistake I did.

You might sometimes hear that you should avoid Japanese companies here in PH. I am in one now, and I am effing hating it. Not to generalize, though. So at least you should try to get as much info as much as possible from friends already in the company. <--- don't ignore this!

Do not believe the guys in HR. They either lie through their ***holes, or they don't know anything about the actual work condition at all. Work-life balance is one of the shit I always ask, and the company I'm with has a work-work balance. By that, I mean work during office hours and work after office hours.

Yes, I'm not joking. In our group, it's a daily thing that only one or two of us will not have a 2+ hour overtime. Heck, it wasn't even in the job description that I would be working 8+ hours near a machine that's as noisy as a train.

I have migraine and my boss thinks I'm lying and making up shit coz I once told her that I have to go home early since my bro had chicken pox, then told my co-worker that I'm having a headache and will definitely not do overtime. Both of which were true at that time, LOL. On the bright side, I haven't had a "heavy" headache yet that would result in me vomiting over the work place. XD

I can't learn programming languages, database management, web development. I can't scanlate manga anymore. I can't learn the violin. I can't even get a Master's Degree while working like I planned. Try to know as much as possible about your work especially if you have plans. What HR tells you is not enough. I have not done a single of those. All I do now is just rest (and do gaming) on weekends coz that's the only time I have to relax.

Normally, I'd be at work. But I hate their system so much that when the MRT line at Q.Ave was so effing long earlier (1 hour in line and I haven't even reached stairs yet), I just went home.

P.S. This makes me curious, what's your course (if you're willing to divulge it)?

incpdo

Pretty bad. The arcade mode is the meat of the single-player, but it's boring and dull. The timed matches last longer than they should and the stock matches aren't interesting since the AI doesn't put up much of a fight. The story bits are terrible even by fighting game standards. It's all just really bland and lacking in character.

thanks for those impressions! i will not buy it then, ill dig another bad game Asphalt Injection, yeah i have to admit i like what i played in the demo and with the lack of racing games on Vita i have to buy this for my racing collection and personal amusement.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
How good or bad is battle royale in terms of Single Player campaign? anyone?

I know you've already gotten an answer but, I'll put it this way. I love me some Platinum trophies. And ALL I had left to do in PSABR to get the Plat was like eight or so more arcade mode runs. And I didn't do it. It was just too boring.

nampad

What's the consensus on Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate among Vitabros? I picked it up for $20, and it looks nice to me, but I just want to make sure I didn't pick up a terrible game or anything.

Sorry, but you picked up a mediocre game. The leveldesign is really mindboggling with its fake 3D mapdesign. The gameplay is pretty bland most of the time and the boss battles are just bad (except maybe one).

As a big fan of the Arkham games who trusted Armature, I was very disappointed.

Ventara

Sorry, but you picked up a mediocre game. The leveldesign is really mindboggling with its fake 3D mapdesign. The gameplay is pretty bland most of the time and the boss battles are just bad (except maybe one).

As a big fan of the Arkham games who trusted Armature, I was very disappointed.

That's disappointing. I guess I'll be returning it. Thanks for the impressions.

incpdo

I know you've already gotten an answer but, I'll put it this way. I love me some Platinum trophies. And ALL I had left to do in PSABR to get the Plat was like eight or so more arcade mode runs. And I didn't do it. It was just too boring.

im not much of a platinum collector so im good.

So Neptunia Rebirth is comming to NA im really digging this , please be a retail release, i was worried about not having much JRPGs on the West but now there is a lot of games coming to the west
Demon Gaze
HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth
Disgaea 4
Akiba´s Trip 2
Mind = 0
Conception 2

Etc

Do not believe the guys in HR. They either lie through their ***holes, or they don't know anything about the actual work condition at all. Work-life balance is one of the shit I always ask, and the company I'm with has a work-work balance. By that, I mean work during office hours and work after office hours.
As someone who works as HR, I'm a bit offended at this part of your rant. But I don't want to derail the thread so I'll just keep my rant to myself (which we usually do in the office).
im not much of a platinum collector so im good.
So Neptunia Rebirth is coming to NA im really digging this , please be a retail release, i was worried about not having much JRPGs on the West but now there is a lot of games coming to the west
Etc
Yeah, I can't believe our system's games drought is over. Even I who is quite picky about the games I pick up have at least one games per month. I am drowning in a backlog I've never imagined I would have.

AHA-Lambda

I asked earlier but how do I check my storage limits for cloud saves on ps4?

Also is it a separate limit from my Ps3 cloud saves?

RalchAC

Ok, my specs:

Vita 1000 Wi-Fi.
Oficial Firmware 3.10
16GB Memory Card.
1427MB left (it'll be less when I install DoS)
38 bubbles.

No problems here.

As much as I'd like a Vita version like FFX/X-2 HD the reason was most likely due to the series shifting back from handheld to consoles at that time and fixing the cluster of platforms the series was on by putting them on PS3 (and 3 eventually on PS4) It's a shame but it also helped get the series identity back to consoles.

But hey, never know. Maybe one day. Hopefully it's not and it's just a mistake/mix up, would suck to lose your account over that :(

Birth by Sleep should have been a PS3 game. And I loved it. But keeping the series on handhelds during a full generation was a really stupid move.

I won't talk about 3D because I haven't played it yet.

And those HD remixes should have been out a long, long time ago.
__

I'm going to try to play my copy of .hack // Infection on my PC (PCSX2). Wish me luck. If I like it as much as I did as a child I'll try to find a Mutation EU copy. I still like the first Dark Cloud, even if it's quite clunky, so I have high hopes.

Can't wait to play some of the superior VR fiction series xD

I asked earlier but how do I check my storage limits for cloud saves on ps4?

Also is it a separate limit from my Ps3 cloud saves?

I think it's 1GB for each platform. So yes, separate limit.

Birth by Sleep should have been a PS3 game.
If I am not mistaken, team Osaka was not trusted enough to handle the big titles of Squeenix. And BbS was the pivotal point for that.

They're doing KHIII now, since the (main) KH team has been working on Final Fantasy Forever since 1684.

Flying Hamster looks cute, but it looks so much like Teemo.

What's wrong with Teemo?

He's so awesome.

dat global taunt

looking at FFX|X-2 HD for Vita... makes me wonder why KH 1.5 HD wasn't released for Vita :/

I belive there's diffrent reason for that.

That reason is probably Disney and their licensing terms

None of the KH games are available to buy digitally - Vita forces day one digital release on publishers

So i'd be looking at some legal shit as to why KH games are never sold digitally.

Hmm makes me wonder if KH3 will be on PSN at all.

Top Bottom