• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

PepperedHam

Anyone playing Rogue Legacy on Vita not able to get rid of the little cog/gear looking save indicator off of the fucking screen? Is this a bug or is this just the way the game works? It's blinking right up where the mini map is and it won't go away and it's bugging me out here.

bobawesome

Anyone playing Rogue Legacy on Vita not able to get rid of the little cog/gear looking save indicator off of the fucking screen? Is this a bug or is this just the way the game works? It's blinking right up where the mini map is and it won't go away and it's bugging me out here.

It's an issue with the cloud save servers at the moment. I believe the developers said they were looking into it.

I beat it, and I don't.

I'm not referring to a question regarding a game, but the pop-in question.

a-la;

"When does the PS+ get updated?"

"When are the new PS+ games getting announced?"

"What time does the store update?"

You know, the question we're going to have to answer every 5 minutes.

Not that I'm hating on people for asking it, just noting that it's going to be that question.

What other FF stuff vanished?

Nothing. I looked around some more. In the merged Mini/PSP/PSOne section only WotL, 3, 4 & 7 are listed, but if you use search for Final Fantasy you can find everything except duodecim, and if you go to the PSOne section through that tab up in the scroll bar, you can still find all the PSOne FF's w/o search. I have no idea where just PSP games section is now though.

So I was just playing some SMT:Nocturne on hard mode. I was doing fine and I decided that I'd challenge that bloody monk. I wanted to go in 'blind' (it's been a couple years since I've played) against him. So in the battle, I'm doing pretty well, some close calls with my demons, but nothing too horrible. I get him low on health, almost beat him and of course, my freaking MC decides then to become susceptible to his mind attacks. And of course the guy decides to attack my MC and he dies.... I was doing so well, and then he goes and dies. I wanted to scream, almost did actually. But my roommate's asleep and I like being on her good side.

TLDR: Bloody monk is an asshole.

bobawesome

I really hope Bethesda makes Skyrim 2 instead of Fallout 4

Skyrim 2... If that's what Bethesda goes for

R7YjsR7.png

I think you mean "Chie Returns: Persona 3"

That would also be very much acceptable.

autoduelist

Just started playing Rogue Legacy on Vita today, and it's glitched like crazy.

Hold the playstation button down, turn on airplane mode, close screen, game will tell you it can't access servers, hit ok, and you're good to go.

-------

re: Duodecim, GTA:VC, etc.

I'm sure it'll all be back. Both franchises are cash cows. Maybe Sony engineers found an exploit before the scene did and are dealing with it before putting it up. Or maybe it was taken down by accident. Dollars to donuts both are back up sooner or later, though.

-------
RE: Rogue Legacy.

Deleted. I'm not the biggest fan of platformers to begin with, which is a big strike against it, but I really dislike the 'progression' based roguelites. Give me true permadeath over this never ending feeling of grind fest any day. If I had to do this in Binding of Isaac it would have went from GOTY to the trash pile.

I gave it a chance -- I've beat the first boss, upgraded a lot of stuff, unlocked lots of classes, etc. But that grind. It's relentless. There's a lot of great ideas in there, and there are elements I really like that only a 'progression' style can achieve (inheritance of traits, etc) but in the end I can't escape the grind. I lose myself in it for a couple hours, have little to show for it, even if I'm better at the game I know I can't beat it without unlocking a shit ton more things, which is more grinding... and I keep just wishing I'd played something else. So... delete. I'm definitely addicted to it, it's just doesn't feel like a healthy/fun addiction like, say, BoI (or any traditional roguelike I've beat) was.

While I'm certainly 'better' at the game than when I started, a lot of my skill feels 'fake'... like, of course I'm better, I can one hit anything in the first dungeon now, and I now regain 4 hitpoints per kill, and I have double the hitpoints (or whatever). No shit I'm better, just like I'd be better in Doom with a auto-BFG with infinite ammo. Compare that to BoI, where yes, I can zen that game now and have truly mastered it. No bullshit, give me whatever powerups you want, game, and I'll whoop mom & company.

In it's defense, I gave up on Spelunky too, simply because it was a platformer, so perhaps RL never stood a chance anyway.

Massa

So I should probably start Suikoden soon. Anything I should know about it? I don't usually play JRPG's, but all the Suikoden 2 hype sold me on it.

Shinriji

SNK SALE FINAL SCORE:

- Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting
- KOF Collection
- Samurai Showdown Anthology
- Metal Slug Collection
- Art of Fighting (PSP)
- KOF 99

My vita right now is the dream of all the South America kids that lived in the 90´s: having a portable neogeo.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Man, Grim Fandango is buuuuuuuuuggy. I'm in the final quarter of the game, and it crashes all the time.

SAVE YOUR GAME REGULARLY. :\

That said, great game.
So, what IS that stuff they pack canned hams in, anyway?
Oh how I laughed.

SerTapTap

Man, Grim Fandango is buuuuuuuuuggy. I'm in the final quarter of the game, and it crashes all the time.

SAVE YOUR GAME REGULARLY. :\.

Urg, and of course it doesn't autosave. Is it only buggy on Vita or PS4 too? I got stuck on the first major instance of Adventure Game Logic and haven't really gone back to it. I didn't realize quite how pervasive it is, I'm fine with looking up That One Puzzle once per game but I don't want to just play with a guide.

I really hope Bethesda makes Skyrim 2 instead of Fallout 4

If it's Skyrim 2 I'll be pissed as all hell. If it's The Elder Scrolls 6, hell yeah forget Fallout

antibolo

Banned
Buggy Vita ports like Grim Fandango are a good reminder that we should never buy non-exclusive Vita games before waiting for hands-on reviews, because they can very well be half-assed outsourced efforts.

BlueMaxima's YouTube channel is a good source for determining what games to avoid, he basically captures footage of every single Vita game, sometimes even before its release. I don't care much about his actual opinions on the games, but he serves as a good "shit filter".

SerTapTap

Buggy Vita ports like Grim Fandango are a good reminder that we should never buy non-exclusive Vita games before waiting for hands-on reviews, because they can very well be half-assed outsourced efforts.

BlueMaxima's YouTube channel is a good source for determining what games to avoid, he basically captures footage of every single Vita game, sometimes even before its release. I don't care much about his actual opinions on the games, but he serves as a good "shit filter".

I pretty much only buy cross-buy if a game isn't Vita-exclusive. Must suck for non PS3/PS4/PC owners though. I don't mind 30 FPS on Vita, 60 FPS on PS4 but the game should work properly regardless of platform for pete's sake

PepperedHam

a-la;

Not that I'm hating on people for asking it, just noting that it's going to be that question.

I should have read more of the thread first I'm sorry. I just came in here after my angry drunken run in with that gear and plopped that post down without really looking.

tumblr_nf25ibKGVF1ry4hgeo1_500.gif

Flandy

How the hell does Natural Doctrine on PS4 only run at 720? It's a Vita game ffs

Skyrim 2... If that's what Bethesda goes for

R7YjsR7.png

That would also be very much acceptable.

If it's Skyrim 2 I'll be pissed as all hell. If it's The Elder Scrolls 6, hell yeah forget Fallout

Skyrim 2 was a joke. When it released there was a lot of people whos first Elder Scrolls game was Skyrim saying they wanted a second one

a-la;

New question... when do we get Driveclub PS+?

FireSol

Few days ago I was different persone...now I have Rogue Legacy and I will never be the same anymore...this game is addicted as hell, it almost ruined my workind day and my night, I need to hide my Vita, because every time I look at it my hand want to grab it and continue playing

After someone mentioned the issue for PS3 & Vita here, since it's gone free on PS+, I checked my game and had the cog on there too. Held the PS button down to disable the wifi, and that knocked it out.

They probably would want to call it Skyrim 2, ala Modern Warfare 2. Fallout though >>>>> ad infinitum.

I don't know why I thought I would like Minutes more than I do. It's ok. Really just kinda dull, presentation-wise, like Metrico was. I should have just gotten AeternoBlade. Jank or no jank, I had fun with that demo. It's also funny to me that if you try to filter this week's new releases on the webstore by Game only, AeternoBlade and Unmechanical disappear from the results.

No Vita version for Unmechanical... boo. Says down in the comments section on the EU blog that it's crossbuy with the future Vita release: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/20/puzzle-adventure-unmechanical-extended-launches-ps3-ps4-next-month/ but I'm not banking on that. New N Tasty was set up like that too, and the Vita versions will probably be stuck in QA as long as Munch's Oddysee and Duke Nukem were.

bobawesome

My...save file for Rogue Legacy is corrupt. Sure, I said I was most likely done with the game but I didn't mean it! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! NOOOOOO!!!

Tohsaka

So, Play-Asia has the Asian English version of Oreshika 2 listed for a March release. If it does actually come out then, I'll probably just import it since Sony hasn't even mentioned the game in months.

So, Play-Asia has the Asian English version of Oreshika 2 listed for a March release. If it does actually come out then, I'll probably just import it since Sony hasn't even mentioned the game in months.

I bet that, if this is true, that we will be getting it around that time as well, that this is just a case of Sony not marketing the game or creating any hype for it. I

Wow, that came out of nowhere. I would pre-order it, but I'm always the guy who's asking someone to confirm English on Vita imports 'cause I'm a scaredy cat.

maouvin

My...save file for Rogue Legacy is corrupt. Sure, I said I was most likely done with the game but I didn't mean it! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! NOOOOOO!!!

Shit, it's at least the second time someone reports a corrupted save. Maybe the brokeness of the cross-save is guilty here.

We'll get a stealth release for this here, right?
Certainly together with Bloodborne.

Hikami

Ah cool, was just asking about this game yesterday. So Asia is getting a physical release but we aren't? Wow.. importing if that's the case.

Ventara

Hey guys, has there been any updates on Steins;Gate for the PS3/Vita?

Oh, wow, I was just about to ask about this game. I'll probably import it, too. I have serious doubts it'll get a physical release here, if at all.

Hey guys, has there been any updates on Steins;Gate for the PS3/Vita?

There haven't been any updates as far as release date or pricing, but PQube does have an English build of the game and they've already collected footage for rating boards. Hopefully not too much longer!

antibolo

Banned

It's almost certainly the same localization, so it will probably release in the west simultaneously.

Top Bottom