• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Can't believe I'm buying Project Diva 2nd, I've barely played 1st.
I listen to a crapton of Hatsune Miku so I guess it balances out?

In my defense I'm no good at rhythm games.

Now if Sega got together with Omega Force and made a Hatsune Miku Musou, I'd play that to death.

Now if Sega got together with Omega Force and made a Hatsune Miku Musou, I'd play that to death.

I would buy a Miku Musou day 0 just for the sheer hilarity.

ShadiWulf

I was fortunate enough to be able to get my hands on some review codes. Was fully expecting to buy the game myself. Am I allowed to post my review in here or is that considered against the terms of service? (this is a question for anyone reading this post. I'm not sure and don't want to break the rules)

Either way, you'll love the game. I'm having a blast with it.

Tapejara

I was fortunate enough to be able to get my hands on some review codes. Was fully expecting to buy the game myself. Am I allowed to post my review in here or is that considered against the terms of service? (this is a question for anyone reading this post. I'm not sure and don't want to break the rules)

Either way, you'll love the game. I'm having a blast with it.

Eh, unless you're posting the review in the OT (or a review thread if there is one), I think it might be considered self promotion. You could always PM a mod in any case.

antibolo

Banned
Nendoroids are dangerous for one's wallet. Once you bought one, the cuteness has already taken you and you want more. And those suckers aren't cheap!

ShadiWulf

Is Freedom Wars a good game? i was thinking of maybe picking it up. I know a lot of people here like it. What about it makes it so great? I'm completely clueless when it comes to this game.

Eh, unless you're posting the review in the OT (or a review thread if there is one), I think it might be considered self promotion. You could always PM a mod in any case.

Yeah. that makes sense. I was thinking the same, but wasn't sure. So I wanted to ask. I'll just wait for the OT then and decide what I'll do then.

autoduelist

My exasperation stems from -- as I stated -- the fact that he didn't bother to check with someone prior to going to twitter and acting like he'd won some battle for vita fans.

I think the other person's point is that when the post is from a SE senior product manager... who exactly are you going to double check with? I'd take it as gospel too. And if Shahid had been badgering SE for the past year to get it to vita, it makes sense he'd celebrate.

I don't know, personally,I love the guy. As far as I'm concerned he's why I have BoI and the rest of the 'indie renaissance' on my Vita.

Is Freedom Wars a good game? i was thinking of maybe picking it up. I know a lot of people here like it. What about it makes it so great? I'm completely clueless when it comes to this game.

Yeah. that makes sense. I was thinking the same, but wasn't sure. So I wanted to ask. I'll just wait for the OT then and decide what I'll do then.

Yes, it's good. You go hunt big robots with guns and swords and a sort of grappling gun. So you can stand back and fire missles at them, or jump on them and saw their arm off. I'm not usually into hunting games, but I'm quite enjoying it.... though BoI has completely stolen all my gaming time.

Redhood

So adding a bit of flame to the fire. infamous Vita is cancelled. It was a tie in to second son.
I am pretty sure now that SCEE is done with Vita including Japan too.

The saddest vita day probably for me would be typo fiasco.

Lets bring some positivity and vita into the thread.

Here is the list of games that have been confirmed to come to west that I still have to buy.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Abe's Oddworld: New n' Tasty
Muramasa DLC
Child of Light; when on sale
Swords art online; digital! buy when on sale
danganronpa 2; sale
Persona 4: Dancing all night
hell divers
Akiba's Strip?; sale?
Tales of Heart R
Hohokum. when on sale
deception IV; on sale
Project Diva F 2nd
Entwined; when on sale

Lets not forget that all TGS2014 games are strong candidates for localizations. If that happens we will need a new hastag like #20V1T4

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So adding a bit of flame to the fire. infamous Vita is cancelled. It was a tie in to second son.
Eh? Do I need to PM Bish? Or has that vetting process already happened? Though I don't doubt you're right. Keep those indie games coming though. Entwined is such a PS+ game I wouldn't bother. It's not worth too much money to value wise either.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Picked up Toukiden for $20 despite the fact that Kiwami is coming sometime soon-ish. I'm sure I'll get $20 worth of fun out of it in the time it takes for Kiwami to release. And yeah, it's reeeeeally good. Enjoying every second of it.

Sarcasm

Means it comes tomorrow!

captureflud8.png

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The saddest vita day probably for me would be typo fiasco.
Where did you read this?

Anyway my saddest Vita day was Gamescom 2013. That was the day that it finally hit me that Sony were done making games for the system. I went in expecting Uncharted Golden Abyss 2. It was a depressing day.

The type-0 stuff was probably the worst for me as well
Lets bring some positivity and vita into the thread.

Here is the list of games that have been confirmed to come to west that I still have to buy.

Abe's Oddworld: New n' Tasty
Muramasa DLC
Child of Light; when on sale
Swords art online; digital! buy when on sale
danganronpa 2; sale
Persona 4: Dancing all night
hell divers
Akiba's Strip?; sale?
Tales of Heart R
Hohokum. when on sale
deception IV; on sale
Project Diva F 2nd
Entwined; when on sale
My to buy list:
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Neptunia Re;birth 1 (waiting for a sale)
Freedom Wars (once my exams are over)
Tales of Hearts R (waiting for a sale)
Cosmic Star Heroine
Zodiac
Chaos Rings III: The prequel trilogy(I know it's still missing a localization announcement)
Akiba's trip (waiting for a sale)

Tizoc

anything exciting for PlayStation this Black Friday?
hmm since I'm on Full-Digital, not sure what I should be getting

Black Friday is...next week right (Weeks start on Saturday in my part of the world)? Would be cool if they start the BF sale early this Tuesday...

So far for 2015 the Vita list is:

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
SAO Lost Song
Hyper Light Drifter

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of confirmed stuff though.

There is rumors saying that (according to CoroCoro magazine), there'd be a Minecraft Bundle in Japan releasing 12/4.

Assuming true, isn't that what you guys have been waiting for since months ago?! :D

I know jackshit about CoroCoro aside from "OMG POKEMON SCANzZZzzzzzz!!!" so lol...

Cha

As Vita owners, which would be the saddest day for you guys? I was just thinking here, but for me, it was that whole Type-0 Vita misannouncement. Seriously, that was a very sick and twisted joke.

Typ0 was more of an angry day than a sad one for me. When I expected Tearaway 2 after MM got on stage at Gamescom I was pretty sad. But I know that the saddest day is yet to come. I can feel it. Kat's gonna break the Vita's heart and run away with it's big bro :(

Redhood

Typ0 was more of an angry day than a sad one for me. When I expected Tearaway 2 after MM got on stage at Gamescom I was pretty sad. But I know that the saddest day is yet to come. I can feel it. Kat's gonna break the Vita's heart and run away with it's big bro :(

I got excited for a second only to be disappointed. Yeah GR2 reveal is gonna be a long day.

As for infamous vita info I got it from famosmortimer. So take it with a grain of salt.

Takao

Banned
There is rumors saying that (according to CoroCoro magazine), there'd be a Minecraft Bundle in Japan releasing 12/4.

Assuming true, isn't that what you guys have been waiting for since months ago?! :D

I know jackshit about CoroCoro aside from "OMG POKEMON SCANzZZzzzzzz!!!" so lol...

i get the sense that might be the first (only?) time a vita game has been in that magazine

but isn't 3ish weeks kind of short notice? they announced that pink vita long before its release

also, we wanted that bundle in a western market

incpdo

It's an Arc Sys visual novel, developed by Toybox (Deadly Premonition) and getting localized by Aksys.
I'm definitely buying this. As for my saddest vita day for me would be a tie between type 0 fiasco and the no mention at all or confirmation of gravity rush 2 on vita. You have to understand even when the game has to improve a bunch of things it was my vita system seller. I Bought the console to play this game. And fell in love with it.

My 2015 vita buying list is big that I had to chose a few to mention :

Oreshika
Mighty n9
New Clock tower
New Ys
Heart forth Alicia ( or whatever the name is)
Hotline Miami 2
Olli olli 2
Axiom verge ( best indie metroid clone along with ghost song)
Senran kagura estival vs
Earth defense force 2 hd
PoP HD. Collection ( if its real)
Forgotten memories.
Abe new and tasty
Chaos rings 3 if it ever comes to the west
Tokyo twilight ghosthunters
And much more presented in that upcoming vita games thread.

2014 list of games I have to buy before end of year.

Danganronpa 1 and 2 (retail)
Any atelier game
Ys celceta (retail)
SAO ( idk if there is a retail rease on an)
Blaz blue chronophantasma(Retail)
Arcana heart 3 (retail)
Senran kagura shinovi vs(retail)
Senran kagura bon apetit
Tales of hearts (retail)
Hyperdimensional neptunia rebirth ( retail)
Sly collection ( retail)
Ratchet collection ( EU retail release . I know about issues but I don't mind since there is a workaround)
That rouguelike about the perfect curry
Demon gaze ( retail)
Akiba strip 2( retail)
And a few more like Sine Mora for example.

You can say I have a looong road ahead to the end of the year. I know I'm not able to buy everything this year. But I will try my best.

VLiberty

Since we're doing it, here's my upcoming Vita list:
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Hotline Miami 2
Teslagrad
Hyper Light Drifter
Axiom Verge
VVVVV
1001 Spikes
Joe Danger 2
Not a Hero
New n Tasty
forma.8
Unmechanical
Attractio
Heart Forth Alicia
Aztez
Olliolli2
Nom Nom Galaxy
Stealth inc. 2
Shantae Halfgenie Hero
Rock Boshers DX
Shu
Spectra 8bit
Nubarron
Grim Fandango
Resogun(if crossbuy)
POP Trilogy (if confirmed)

+ games I still have to buy
Tearaway
NFSMW
Killzone M
Rayman Legends
AC3L
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
Borderlands 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+
Dead Nation
Sound Shapes
Table Top Racing
Hohokum
Futuridium EP Deluxe
Jet Car Stunts
The Unfinished Swan
Sly 2
GOW collection

(I'm not sure I'll buy all of them, though)

BTW, have you heard about Escape Dead Island's trophy list being labeled as PS3-PS4-Vita?

autoduelist

Galax-Z needs to be on all those lists (at least, the ones that aren't just rpgs). Though I suppose I'll likely be playing that on my ps4.

I don't know what my number 1 upcoming vita game is. Well, it's galax-z (and has been since its reveal)... but besides that. I kickstartered Cosmic Star Heroine and am glad I did.

Does anyone know if there are any known DRPGs or SRPGs coming out in NA?

Lol, that guy was full of shit.

I liked FM. I understand why he was banned due to that unfortunate post, but I liked him and gave his leaks far more credit than most based on his success ratio.

RoKKeR

Hey PSN people, question for you. My brother is looking to sell his PS4 and was wondering if his digital purchases are account or system bound? i.e. should he advertise the console as having his digital purchases on it or not.

Now I'm pretty sure that they are account bound but I am able to play his digital purchases on the console on my account, so I'm not really sure how it works.

Thanks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to get Danganronpa 2 when it goes on sale, the first game was kinda bleh but I do like detective point and click games.

Also waiting for a sale on Tactics Ogre and SKV. Maybe Freedom Wars for 20 or less.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have seen PS TV and PS4+Vita bundles :O
499€ is not a bad base price for PS4+Vita.

As Vita owners, which would be the saddest day for you guys? I was just thinking here, but for me, it was that whole Type-0 Vita misannouncement. Seriously, that was a very sick and twisted joke.
Honestly i think that the Typ-o thing is overrated, i mean it was an incredible troll for a game we all wanted, but in the end we just lost a single game(not that good imo).
To me the worst moments were(ad will be i guess) the E3s because it was clear that SCEA and the heads of Sony not only didn't believe in Vita since the beginning but even worse they blatantly boycotted it.

Takao

Banned
Hey PSN people, question for you. My brother is looking to sell his PS4 and was wondering if his digital purchases are account or system bound? i.e. should he advertise the console as having his digital purchases on it or not.

Now I'm pretty sure that they are account bound but I am able to play his digital purchases on the console on my account, so I'm not really sure how it works.

Thanks.

I don't own a PS4, so I can't tell you the exact specifics, but PSN purchases are always tied to the account and not the hardware.

So Ninja, does that mean your importing? I saw Minecraft at Target today and saw the Vita box art and laughed when I saw "It only contains and DLC voucher and not the physical card". I thought of you quickly knowing you like to purchase the physical copies, lol.

Yeah I am. I was trying to wait until after the 18th since I'm in the middle of moving, but went ahead and ordered it + The Muppets Movie game from GAME. I went to check amazon uk again after having cold feet the other day, and their own stock that delivers to US was sold out. Knew I shouldn't let it get away from me.

Haven't ordered from GAME before and it's a new address at an apt complex, so hopefully it comes no problems.

Yeah I am. I was trying to wait until after the 18th since I'm in the middle of moving, but went ahead and ordered it + The Muppets Movie game from GAME. I went to check amazon uk again after having cold feet the other day, and their own stock that delivers to US was sold out. Knew I shouldn't let it get away from me.

Haven't ordered from GAME before and it's a new address at an apt complex, so hopefully it comes no problems.

I didn't even know GAME shipped to the US. good to know, I suppose.

IconGrist

So I have a question I'm hoping the all digital buyers of GAF can help me out with. I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe editions of WWE 2K15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition. Both have started downloading and in the overview for both that blue button shows up saying "Pre-Order $59.99". Will that disappear once the games unlock?

I also got LBP3, GTAV and FC4 but only got the standard versions and the blue button isn't there for those.

Yasumi

Banned
Yay, Project Diva f 2nd might arrive tomorrow. I haven't been following the Vocaloid music scene for a few years (other than Mitchie M), so I'm looking forward to seeing what's popular nowadays.

Hopefully we get god eater 2 and corpse party in the west. Plus Salt & Sanctuary day1

This right here. I'm hoping to actually see those 2 next year. They are realistic hopes tbh, with GE2 releasing on PS4, and with XSeed's support and love for the series.

I think we will see both by the end of next year.

Top Bottom