• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now announced (PS1/2/3 streaming to TVs/Tablets/Phones/PSes, Summer 2014)

PS1, PS2 and PS3 streaming to many devices like PS3, PlayStation Vita, televisions, tablets, and smartphones!

PS3 titles first playable on Bravia tv's and Vita's!

268582-newqaqqp.jpg

Clip of God of War Ascension being streamed on a Bravia TV

Destructoid hands on: PlayStation Now really works!

The Verge hands on: you'll never think of gaming the same way again
In addition to PlayStation platforms, most 2014 US models of Sony’s BRAVIA TV lineup will support PS Now. Eventually the service will expand beyond PlayStation platforms and Sony devices, allowing you to stream PlayStation games across a broad range of Internet-connected devices.

PlayStation Now will allow you to:

• Play video games instantly across multiple devices, similar to the way you might stream TV, movies, and music.
  • Stream full games to all of your compatible PlayStation devices including PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita as well as non-PlayStation devices, beginning with 2014 BRAVIA TV models and expanding to numerous other Internet-connected devices.
  • Always play the most updated version of your game. With games hosted in the cloud, you can take your game with you – just log in with your Sony Entertainment Network account on a compatible device and your games and saved progress will be easily available.

We want to offer you choice when it comes to how you want to access content on PS Now, so you will be able to rent by title for specific games you are interested in. We’ll also offer a subscription that will enable you to explore a range of titles.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/07/playstation-now-streaming-game-service-coming-this-summer/

Starting beta first in the US end of January.

Full rollout in the US by summer 2014!

Rental and subscription based service
With PS Now, you can rent by title for specific games, or you can choose a subscription that delivers additional value with a wide variety of genres. For example, you can try out a game by rental first, before deciding to actually purchase the full game and download it to your console. We believe this streaming game service will add tons of value to dedicated game consoles in addition to packaged and downloaded games, and in doing so, we will open up a new world of possibilities across PlayStation platforms.

5MBPS connection recommended:
We recommend a 5MBPS+ connection.

In our internal tests, users with this bandwidth or greater have been enjoying a low latency, high-quality gaming experience. PS Now tests your connection of each game and optimizes for quality if you are above the minimum requirements. We strive to make the gameplay experience feel as if the game is being played locally on their device – fast and responsive (including for FPS and games with twitch mechanics). The Closed Beta will definitely provide a great opportunity to test the experience with gamers with varying connection speeds and our developers will, of course, be working diligently to optimize the service based upon the feedback we receive from the community.

What happens if your connection drops:
PS Now is a streaming service, but you of course will continue to be able to download titles to PlayStation devices from the PlayStation Store. If your connection drops while using PS Now, we may temporarily and adaptively reduce your resolution to maintain a responsive experience.

Full PSN experience with Trophies
The stream is instant – no downloading, no installing, no patching. You get the most up-to-date version of the game streaming to your device from our remote servers. You also get Trophies, Friends List, and other PSN features.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...ing-game-service-coming-this-summer/#comments

psnow16kue.png

updating as more news come out

You missed CES? http://www.ustream.tv/sony

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Coming summer,

Closed Beta at end of Jan.

Demoed with The Last of Us on Sony tvs and Vita at CES booth.

Rent per title, and unspecified subscription options.

Juice

Sounds about right. I don't know how I failed to realize that they'd launch it on tablets, TVs, as well. Brilliant move.

bigkrev

Need to see the cost first.

If the cost of sub is built into my PS+ account and I just pay for the titles I want- Megaton.

lucius

Can I get in beta?

Man if it works as good as ps4 remote play I will still be buying PS3 digital games

Agent X

PS2 and PS3 streaming to many devices like tablets!

PS3 titles first playable on Bravia and Vita's!

Starting first in the US end of january

Full rollout by summer 2014!

psnow16kue.png

Sounds great! I look forward to trying this out on the Vita. If my tablet is also compatible, then that would be an added bonus.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. It's good to see Sony leveraging their older games on tablets, unlike Nintendo. Now I just how it works well!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PS3 games on Vita but not PS4?...whut? >_>

Still good news tho, cant wait (whenever it gets released in europe)

Insaniac

Interesting, it would definitely make owning a vita ps3/ps4 a lot more tantalizing

is it a monthly paid service though? if so, eeeehhh

Top Bottom