PlayStation Now coming soon to PC ?

silva1991

Apr 9, 2014
KSA
I don't know how this shit works so, if I played a game with unlocked framerates like Bayonetta 1 via PS Now on PC will the framerates still be garbage?

-MD-

Jun 10, 2013
United States
I hope people arent thinking this means that the games will be improved then they are if they're played on a PS3/PS4.

The input lag on this alone kills all my interest in PS NOW.
I did a trial of this a year ago and yeah the input lag was just insane (35/5 connection), I couldn't handle it.

I want to be excited for this but that experience is preventing it.

Decado

Apr 4, 2007
It's like Netflix for select PlayStation 1, 2 and 3 games. PS4 games could hypothetically be added in future.
Does it actually work well?

Anyway....meh. If they were porting PS games that would be of interest. This, not so much.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jun 6, 2004

shandy706

May 3, 2011
Clemson Tiger Country
I did a trial of this a year ago and yeah the input lag was just insane (35/5 connection), I couldn't handle it.

Input lag wasn't bad for me in the games I played. Even played through the entirety of Uncharted 2 jumping and shooting with no problems. 12/2 connection.

Fractal

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Even if this is true, means nothing to me. Can't say I'm too interested in (re)playing a few 720p/30 FPS (at best) games in 2016... or whenever.

Dead_Pixel

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
England
Does it actually work well?

Anyway....meh. If they were porting PS games that would be of interest. This, not so much.
Depends on your network connection.

Digital Foundry said:
With no means to physically reduce input lag in the actual games, conventional wisdom suggests that the end result shouldn't work very well, but in many cases, PlayStation Now exceeds expectations and hands in a perfectly serviceable gaming experience: not as good as playing locally of course, but still enjoyable on a range of games.
Full article here.

joe2187

Banned
Jul 25, 2011
Los Angeles
Input lag wasn't bad for me in the games I played. Even played through the entirety of Uncharted 2 jumping and shooting with no problems. 12/2 connection.
Is psnow input lag that bad? I mean I played and loved LA Noire and Deus Ex HR on Onlive first and had zero issues.
I tried my best to get through Bionic Commando 2 on PS NOW it was a test in futulity, I couldn't even get past the first area without either falling to my death because of a input lag or getting killed because my input just failed to process.

This is my experience. and It was with a game that requires precise inputs for progression.

ShutterMunster

Feb 15, 2014
One step closer, baby. Do it, Sony. Cant wait for the death of the "$400 box." Definitely hoping for an enhancement in streaming visual quality in the future.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jun 8, 2004
That's already true, some Samsung TVs have PS Now app
Yeah, but the availability of PCs and the availability of 'certain Samsung tvs' are rather different matters :) This would be the first generic client, not tied to certain brands or specific pieces of hardware or 'partner hardware'.

Nyoro SF

Jul 5, 2011
Tempting, but the only real benefit is that I don't have to pay for a console box. All the advantages of PC aren't there. I suppose it's a good alternative in some cases though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Mar 24, 2015

Yea, TLOU on PC will mean jack to 95% of the PC gamers when they see how much input lag there is.

Nzyme32

May 23, 2013
Monthly fees, bitrate / IQ issues and input lag make this pointless for me. That and already having a PS3 lying around somewhere.

jedivulcan

Sep 28, 2008
Share Play is a very underrated feature of the Playstation 4 and it uses the same core streaming technology that both Playstation Now and Remote Play use. It'd be nice if they made an Android and PC/Mac client.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Mar 24, 2015
Monthly fees, bitrate / IQ issues and input lag make this pointless for me. That and already having a PS3 lying around somewhere.
Oh yea hah I remember the low bitrate. Seeing things pixelated in a game while playing it was a strange sight.

Joey Ravn

Sep 5, 2012
Spain
www.resetera.com
That'd be cool, I guess. I wouldn't mind playing some PS3 games I missed for not wanting to buy a PS3 :p

Edit: Now that I think about it, it'll probably be just for the US, since Now is not available in Europe...

Kickz

Jul 24, 2010
So the PC gets both Xbox and Sony exclusives? This generation has been great to jump into PC gaming.
Its really amazing man.. I jumped in at the right time about a year ago when I got my first pc rig.

Cant wait to play Hot Shot Golf on PC