• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now coming soon to PC ?

silva1991

I don't know how this shit works so, if I played a game with unlocked framerates like Bayonetta 1 via PS Now on PC will the framerates still be garbage?

-MD-

I hope people arent thinking this means that the games will be improved then they are if they're played on a PS3/PS4.

The input lag on this alone kills all my interest in PS NOW.

I did a trial of this a year ago and yeah the input lag was just insane (35/5 connection), I couldn't handle it.

I want to be excited for this but that experience is preventing it.

joe2187

Banned
I don't know how this shit works so, if I played a game with unlocked framerates like Bayonetta 1 via PS Now on PC will the framerates still be garbage?

You stream a PS3 game as if it was played on a PS3. You cant enhance or change anything.

shandy706

I did a trial of this a year ago and yeah the input lag was just insane (35/5 connection), I couldn't handle it.

Input lag wasn't bad for me in the games I played. Even played through the entirety of Uncharted 2 jumping and shooting with no problems. 12/2 connection.

onQ123

The Last of Us on PC?
ooh-gif-hunger-games-spinoff-possible-plot-5-gif-230754.gif

The Last Of Us on Xbox One

UWA

oKdnh.gif

jmizzal

I hope people arent thinking this means that the games will be improved then they are if they're played on a PS3/PS4.

The input lag on this alone kills all my interest in PS NOW.

Is psnow input lag that bad? I mean I played and loved LA Noire and Deus Ex HR on Onlive first and had zero issues.

Fractal

Banned
Even if this is true, means nothing to me. Can't say I'm too interested in (re)playing a few 720p/30 FPS (at best) games in 2016... or whenever.

Does it actually work well?

Anyway....meh. If they were porting PS games that would be of interest. This, not so much.

Depends on your network connection.

Digital Foundry said:
With no means to physically reduce input lag in the actual games, conventional wisdom suggests that the end result shouldn't work very well, but in many cases, PlayStation Now exceeds expectations and hands in a perfectly serviceable gaming experience: not as good as playing locally of course, but still enjoyable on a range of games.

Full article here.

joe2187

Banned
Input lag wasn't bad for me in the games I played. Even played through the entirety of Uncharted 2 jumping and shooting with no problems. 12/2 connection.

Is psnow input lag that bad? I mean I played and loved LA Noire and Deus Ex HR on Onlive first and had zero issues.

I tried my best to get through Bionic Commando 2 on PS NOW it was a test in futulity, I couldn't even get past the first area without either falling to my death because of a input lag or getting killed because my input just failed to process.

This is my experience. and It was with a game that requires precise inputs for progression.

ShutterMunster

One step closer, baby. Do it, Sony. Cant wait for the death of the "$400 box." Definitely hoping for an enhancement in streaming visual quality in the future.

kennyamr

And at some point we all will be able to play PS1, PS2, PS3, and eventually PS4 games on the service.
Just more good news.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
That's already true, some Samsung TVs have PS Now app

Yeah, but the availability of PCs and the availability of 'certain Samsung tvs' are rather different matters :) This would be the first generic client, not tied to certain brands or specific pieces of hardware or 'partner hardware'.

Nyoro SF

Tempting, but the only real benefit is that I don't have to pay for a console box. All the advantages of PC aren't there. I suppose it's a good alternative in some cases though.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Yea, TLOU on PC will mean jack to 95% of the PC gamers when they see how much input lag there is.

Nzyme32

Monthly fees, bitrate / IQ issues and input lag make this pointless for me. That and already having a PS3 lying around somewhere.

OmegaFax

Share Play is a very underrated feature of the Playstation 4 and it uses the same core streaming technology that both Playstation Now and Remote Play use. It'd be nice if they made an Android and PC/Mac client.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Monthly fees, bitrate / IQ issues and input lag make this pointless for me. That and already having a PS3 lying around somewhere.
Oh yea hah I remember the low bitrate. Seeing things pixelated in a game while playing it was a strange sight.

Joey Ravn

Banned
That'd be cool, I guess. I wouldn't mind playing some PS3 games I missed for not wanting to buy a PS3 :p

Edit: Now that I think about it, it'll probably be just for the US, since Now is not available in Europe...

Top Bottom