• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now coming soon to PC ?

What would the input lag be like? I haven't been following PS Now at all.

People's experience seems to differ. Personally, I've happily played beat 'em ups and online shooters with zero issues. Others claim to really struggle with it though.

I can only assume the service itself is sound, but location and equipment can affect performance.

Akronis

If I didn't already own a PS4 and virtually every game on the service, I might be more enthused. But it's a telling sign about where consoles are headed and why the PC master race reigns supreme.

See, this is why PC gamers get shit from consoles. What the fuck are you doing, son?

This master race shit needs to stop forever. Literally the STUPIDEST gaming trend.

Kapow

PS Now is atrocious form my experience. I have a pretty good internet connection and the amount of input lag made most games unplayable.

I have seen posts from some people who say it was better for them though

Zia

PS Now is pretty terrible but nice to see a new piece in the preservation puzzle, no matter how half-hearted.

Also funny to see how insecure people are about this. One more step away from dumb, proprietary toys and toward the services that XBOX and PlayStation are moving toward.

Lister

Banned
See, this is why PC gamers get shit from consoles. What the fuck are you doing, son?

This master race shit needs to stop forever. Literally the STUPIDEST gaming trend.

That's why PC gamers get shit? Because he said PC master race?

The HORROR!

I mean there are console gamers who threaten people's lives because they say a game is being delayed, but THIS. THIS takes the cake! Did someone call 911 yet?

Makes sense. That service needs to be more accessible.

I wish I had the upload speed to use it. My download speed is 90mbs but my upload is 5, so Papo y Yo lag a bunch.

The pricing structure is also a little strange if you don't use the subscription.

I'd be happy to invest in this if it came to the PC. Havent' had a ps console since 2010, currently only pc, and I missed out on some of the best ps3 late gen exclusives. :(

A 200mb D/L connection should be enough for a 900/1080p resolution with 30fps, at acceptable input lag levels, say 30-50ms.

The Last of Us on PC?
ooh-gif-hunger-games-spinoff-possible-plot-5-gif-230754.gif

Red Dead Redemption on PC, my friend.

(If it gets added to PS Now, that is)

PS Now isn't what you think it is. you won't be playing "PC" versions of these games. You will be playing their PS3 incarnations, but streamed to a PC.

This is just for streaming to PC, right? Its not actual PC ports of PlayStation games

This guy gets it.

silva1991

This is just for streaming to PC, right? Its not actual PC ports of PlayStation games

Yes. what I know is you pay for the service atleast once a month/year and then buy the games and stream them.

they aren't being ported to other machines than Sony's not even bad ports.

Excellent news if true and the next logical step would be bringing it to smartphones/tablets. Having the service available everywhere and then eventually adding PS4/PS2/PS1 titles would be tits.

TalonJH

Yes. what I know is you pay for the service atleast once a month/year and then buy the games and stream them.

they aren't being ported to other machines than Sony's not even bad ports.

No, It's closer to Netflix. You pay a sub and can play any games on the list. If you don't want to subscribe, you can rent individual games for a time limit. Yes, they are all streamed.

Akronis

That's why PC gamers get shit? Because he said PC master race?

The HORROR!

I mean there are console gamers who threaten people's lives because they say a game is being delayed, but THIS. THIS takes the cake! Did someone call 911 yet?

Dude, what the fuck is your problem? It's a shitty trend that needs to stop.

Sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities?

Toni

Guess this is ok but dont care myself. If they were native PC release I'd be excited.

They will most likely add PS4 titles/exclusives by the end of this gen and the service will be an anomaly by then with a huge list of third party and first party exclusives games.

Its only going to get better.

Nzyme32

Guess this is ok but dont care myself. If they were native PC release I'd be excited.

Yeah. That's where I'd be interested.

They will most likely add PS4 titles/exclusives by the end of this gen and the service will be an anomaly by then with a huge list of third party and first party exclusives games.

Its only going to get better.

That is not changing the issues of latency, bitrate / IQ issues, monthly subscription etc etc

Akronis

The only one offended here appears to be you, over the stupidest thing too.

The master race schtick has been criticized quite a bit on this website, so it really isn't just me getting tired of seeing it.

I don't understand why you felt the need to turn this into an argument when you could've just ignored the post? Why even get involved?

People should be called out for master race garbage because it's been a scrutinized topic for a while and it's 100% unnecessary.

I'm done posting about it, don't want to derail this further. Try not to get too upset about other people having opinions next time.

Top Bottom