• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now coming soon to PC ?

Ocelott

Anyone that complains about PS NOW speed needs to double check their Internet speed. PS NOW runs flawless for me. I wish the pricing was a bit better should have jumped on that year for $100.

It'll most likely require DS4. For reference, Sony Android TVs have PS Now. You can connect a DS3 to them(wired, haven't managed to get it to connect wirlessly), but PS Now will not accept it. It states that a DS4 is required.

firelogic

*insert sony going third party joke here*

This is actually kinda cool. I still don't know that i'd use the service, but being on pc makes it way more flexible since i'm way more likely to transport my laptop than my ps4 or ps3 around.

That could be one side effect, but in reality, increasing the number of platforms you can sell your service on just makes sense. Hell, they could theoretically do it on a phone, no? It's just streaming - just ensure you have a controller that works and you're good.

Yup. They can put it on anything with a screen, controller, and internet connection. No processing is done locally.

It'll most likely require DS4. For reference, Sony Android TVs have PS Now. You can connect a DS3 to them(wired, haven't managed to get it to connect wirlessly), but PS Now will not accept it. It states that a DS4 is required.

Thats another added bonus for sony. Controllers have big mark ups.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, possible nice side benefit.

I mean, would it even be much of a advantage at all? Most games only support Xinput, with some of them also supporting Dinput, of which DS4 is already detected as one. Furthermore,devs already support the DS4 officially on the PC as well. (most Ubisoft games, for example).

Peltz

Its really amazing man.. I jumped in at the right time about a year ago when I got my first pc rig.

Cant wait to play Hot Shot Golf on PC
A golf game that relies on timing a meter that has input lag? I hope it plays better than it sounds.

...as opposed to all the other versions you can play on your PC?

Is RDR even on PS NOW though?

So it's exactly what I think it is and what Sony says it is? Ok

Neither of you are the GAFfers I quoted - so not sure why you picked what I said out for a reply. I'll clarify what I was saying though:

My point (for the two i was actually talking to), was that these games aren't "on PC" in the sense that they might think they are. None of the usual benefits people think of when they think of playing a ported/emulated game on PC (higher spec hardware, better AA/resolution etc). So not to get their hopes up by misunderstanding what PS Now is intended to be by Sony.

A streaming service for their older games (in the case of those mentioned - PS3 games)

So my exact experience when playing any PS NOW game on the service with a 65/10 speed ratio is false?

Because that's exactly what I experienced.
I don't see how anyone could be getting a full second or more of lag. That's all.

Is there lag? Yes
For some less and others more.
I have 50/5 connection and psnow was fine. If that's truly what u experienced then that sucks for you. Hope u didn't pay for anything.

Has anyone else truly experienced more than 1 second lag on PSNow?

cofias

Ehh.. Would be convenient, but so many PS3 games require modding for me to be able to use a service like this. Will stick to my CFW PS3 until a stable emulator has been released.

Battlechili

Banned
Eh. Since this is just streaming, there wouldn't really be any benefits to playing these games on PC. Its not like games that have actual PC ports; in this case it'd be the exact same as playing on a PS3, only worse since its streaming. Granted, if someone's never owned a PS3 before this might be one's chance to try the library out, but I'm not very excited. If Sony's games were actually ported to PC, that would be extremely big and rad, but just streaming? And on a subscription service at that? Can't exactly say I'm excited. It doesn't help that the service doesn't have games like Nier or Kingdom Hearts 2.5.

K' Dash

As expected a lot of people are getting up in arms, lol.

I can't wait for the announcement to see the meltdowns here.

joe2187

Banned
15/5 here. I use PS Now on my Blu Ray and it works fine. Your experience is false.

I don't see how anyone could be getting a full second or more of lag. That's all.

Is there lag? Yes
I have 50/5 connection and psnow was fine. If that's truly what u experienced then that sucks for you. Hope u didn't pay for anything.

Next time I get a free trial, I'll be sure to record it.

My experience on PS NOW was apparently one of the minority it seems. For me it was a terrible example of the service.

monreader

Neo Member
Can they not just wait and roll it out in more countries on the ps4 first. I have been waiting for ps now for so long on the ps4 and I am pissed if this is true. Now to see the pc getting it in some European countries when there has never been any mention of when its coming to the ps4 in Ireland and other European countries..

KingJ2002

makes sense... if you can get ps now on TV's (Sony & Samsung Smart TV's) and set top boxes (PSTV)... sooner or later it should be available for PC.

Its nice to see this on pc, considering it being streaming and all but the kicker at least last time I tried it, it had terrible input lag on my end.

derExperte

Interesting. I see PS Now is still in the testing phase in Germany? Been a couple of months now and going by that announcement there's no end in sight. Although I noticed lag even with Remote Play (PS4->Vita) and played almost everything I wanted to on PS3 I'd give it at try.

The master race schtick has been criticized quite a bit on this website, so it really isn't just me getting tired of seeing it.

What gets me is the blatant hypocrisy. Check out this post for example and then count how many got offended. No one. So I'm for moving on and just ignoring the occasional PCMR reference.

Are you really willing to pay $20 a month to play years-old games designed for a last-gen console? (or $45 for three months, or $100 annually)

I doubt the majority would sub continuously but it could be smart to get it for a month or two and play a bunch of old PS exclusives, you can get through a couple of games and not pay too much.

Bizzquik

PC crowd: You guys know PS Now is a subscription service, right?

Are you really willing to pay $20 a month to play years-old games designed for a last-gen console? (or $45 for three months, or $100 annually)

Not judging, but I think its important to remember that you don't just buy a game and stream it whenever.

Armaly

Did a quick look through of the list. Some interesting titles Catherine, Ico, Infamous 1, 2, Sly Cooper Thieves In Time, and Uncharted 1,2,3

Is there lag? Yes

I call bullshit or maybe he tried it when it first came out. I've tried a hand full of games including some that you would think would not work with lag (Killzone 3 and Rachet and Clank into the nexus) and they worked really good. I think my connection is 50/25 or something. Maybe he should check to see if he is getting what he is paying for.

roytheone

Not judging, but I think its important to remember that you don't just buy a game and stream it whenever.

I would probably pay for three months, finish last of us, uncharted trilogy and God of War 3 and I will be satisfied. I rarely replay games anyway.

oSoLucky

A couple important things to note.

1. Every game on PSNow isn't a part of the subscription, unless something changed since I most recently looked. I wanted to sub to play Catherine and double checked the lists, but didn't see it. It was available for individual streaming options though.

2. If you had save games in online storage from a PS3, you can transfer them to use with PSNow and vice versa. This is going to be huge for me as I sold my PS3 a few months ago and want to finish my Lightning Returns NG+, Catherine and more.

3. As Roytheone said above, the most efficient thing is to probably pay for a month or a couple, and power through a bunch of games during that time instead of continuously holding onto a long sub. I will probably set aside a month just for PS3 backlog(where I can get through 4 or 5 games) in the month plus trial period and then wait for more games. Games are being added frequently still. They just recently added Trails of Cold Steel, which I was heavily debating ways to be able to play. The situation got solved for me.

ItsDorf

Banned
Hope it comes to PC. It's the future of gaming like it or not and eventually all media gaming and video will probably be streamed to prevent piracy, media production, etc... Speeds will be fine and those that don't want Internet or have it will be left behind as they will be niche users. I hope they improve it with PSNow being the first commercially successful online game streaming service. Online failed but had the right idea for cloud consoles.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Odd seeing ppl with lower speeds having better experience than ppl with higher.

Maybe a router issue. Port forwarding, triggering. Internet security getting in the way.

I used to set my consoles to static IPs just to see something. Can't remember if that helped.

Ppl might want to investigate. If you don't have issues gaming any other way...don't know what to say.

sense

You do realize if someone has no plans to pick up a PS3 or never had one that this would be a good way to atleast experience the essential exclusives

Agent X

The smart thing to do would be to integrate PlayStation Now into the existing PS4 Remote Play software. Just have one program that handles both tasks.

What would the input lag be like? I haven't been following PS Now at all.

I've been using it for several months, and there isn't much lag. The only games where I have experienced noticeable lag (to the point where it impacts gameplay) are on some of the Capcom 2D fighting games. I've played other fighting games (such as Dead or Alive 5 and King of Fighters XIII), shooters (such as Raiden IV OverKill and R-Type Dimensions), and several other fast-action games, and they've been very playable.

Marow

Christ, I'd be all over this if it actually happens. I just hope the streaming aspect works well.

Now I can play all those JRPGs!

Vashetti

Banned
The Last of Us on PC?
ooh-gif-hunger-games-spinoff-possible-plot-5-gif-230754.gif

In glorious bit-starved 720p.

This will hopefully be the push MS needs to bring X360 backwards compatibility to the PC.

RDR on my rig may happen yet! (and I'm not playing the PS3 version, it runs like ass)

Top Bottom