• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now coming soon to PC ?

Boke1879

Well Sonys network services are a huge money maker for them. It makes sense for them to expand that pool into the PC market. Don't know how successful it'll be but they could make some decent money off this.

Caayn

Wouldn't it make more sense to announce this at their PS meeting on the 7th of September? Perhaps today was the old planned date for that meeting?

h00jraq

Neo Member
Does anyone know if there is any method to run PS Now outside UK/Netherland/Belgium? I live in Poland I would really like to play Read Dead Redemption. I've heard that they no longer accept virtual credit cards and they also do some ping validation (ping geo location).

R1CHO

Does anyone know if there is any method to run PS Now outside UK/Netherland/Belgium? I live in Poland I would really like to play Read Dead Redemption. I've heard that they no longer accept virtual credit cards and they also do some ping validation (ping geo location).

Spanish here, I got a PlayStation now subscription for this month.

I am doing it through an american psn account.

You can get one, and try the trial, it will ask for CC info, but before that you will get the connection test, so that way you will know that you meet their requirement.

For payment, I got a PSN digital card on amazon.com, a 20$ one for a single month of ps now. You have to use a fake ass american address to be able to buy one there though.

I haven't found the experience great tbh. I tried only a couple of games, but the one I was interested in playing, Resistance 3, it's not a smooth experience.

I can't complain of course, but won't use the service again until it's officially on my country.

PS: I haven't tried the pc client, will do so now.

h00jraq

Neo Member
Oh great Man, now at least I have hope it will work in Poland. Need to test it tomorrow. Not sure if I will be playing it on PC or maybe PS4. I think that my network speed is bad on PS4 because of bad wifi (and I can't connect ethernet to my ps4 because od distance).

Let me know if it works on Your PC.

Many thanks!

R1CHO

Oh great Man, now at least I have hope it will work in Poland. Need to test it tomorrow. Not sure if I will be playing it on PC or maybe PS4. I think that my network speed is bad on PS4 because of bad wifi (and I can't connect ethernet to my ps4 because od distance).

Let me know if it works on Your PC.

Many thanks!

It also works fine on PC. It only asks for your psn account.

Latency seems similar to using it on PS4 through wifi, not great in my case, but I am going to try to play the game.

nLo6ZQh.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I hope they can just launch Now soon in the rest of the world. I can wait for it, don't really feel like jumping through a bunch of hoops, but it'd be nice to have it sooner than later.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
do i need a DS3 or 4 to use this on PC? I only have an Xbox 360 and One controller. Don't really want to have to buy a DS4. I just want to play TLOU of again.

do i need a DS3 or 4 to use this on PC? I only have an Xbox 360 and One controller. Don't really want to have to buy a DS4. I just want to play TLOU of again.

You can use an Xbox 360 controller.

Prices are frankly, outrageous. I'd really like to take advantage of this but not until sub prices are more reasonable. Let's hope such a day comes.

R1CHO

Prices are frankly, outrageous. I'd really like to take advantage of this but not until sub prices are more reasonable. Let's hope such a day comes.

Long term, is better to just have a ps3 with the games you want. Image quality and experience is also always going to be better on a local console.

But I don't find prices outrageous at all, if you compare it with the price of renting for example, it's not a bad deal, even if you compare it with something like Netflix, PSNOW is a much more expensive service for the provider.

h00jraq

Neo Member
Ehh I think it is impossible to get it working in Poland. I've created new psn account with UK as country and I still can't download pc client because service is not available in my Country. Maybe I can use VPN but still it is wierd that You could use it from Spain. Latency from POL to USA is not acceptable :).

Top Bottom