• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Collection Announced

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Goddamit Sony i just bought Days Gone not a week ago for £15 ffs, havent even installed it... can you get refunds from the PS Store if you havent played the game?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nice start, luckily there are 3 that I don't own already, so that's something. Hopefully they keep fleshing this out and eventually merge into a single service (move PS Now catalogue in). Better to start it as a PS+ incentive this gen as that has the brand recognition, lots of people still think PS Now is only streaming.

autoduelist

Seems like a great enticement for new members of the ecosystem. Salves the burn of ps+ price and provides a pile of fantastic games.

It was exactly this kind of deal that finally got me to buy a vita [that was only like 5 games or so, I already had a sub].

soulbait

I don't think the games are enhanced beyond what PS4 Pro does. Look at the text at bottom left.
iOqBPkq.jpg

Though it might mean nothing, the wording feels off but my best guess is we'll get enhancements but probably not for all these games.

Yeah I noticed that too. It was weird though, because it only showed for that game. I was wondering if maybe they plan for an enhancement for that game but not others, or the disclaimer might have been for all the games in the collection. Sony really needs to work on their messaging here. If the games are not going to have enhancements like Xbox BC, that is okay, just let the people know.

Joey.

This is huge for me because I missed some titles this gen.
There's a lot of content for me on launch:
Miles Morales, Cold War, Cyberpunk and now PS Collection: Bloodborne, Detroit, The Last Guardian, InFamous.

HUGE FOR ME.
Can't wait for my PS5.

Ataraxia

This is great for people like me that skip generations (I do this with cell phones too). Now I can finally play TLOU remastered after seven years!

It's a pretty good list, all things considered, although I already played everything on there except for these 4 games:
Will check out for sure:
Final Fantasy XV
Days Gone

Don't care:
Battlefield 1
Monster Hunter World

Ellery

Hyped for my non PS4 homies that get to play all those amazing PS4 games (only short of the very best one) when they buy a PS5. One dude I know is super hyped for this who was considering getting a PS4 late into the cycle and now doesn't

Yoboman

I don't think the games are enhanced beyond what PS4 Pro does. Look at the text at bottom left.
iOqBPkq.jpg

Though it might mean nothing, the wording feels off but my best guess is we'll get enhancements but probably not for all these games.
All that means is they were just using old PS4 B-Roll footage for the trailer.

Azurro

Banned
It's a great idea, but personally it doesn't do much for me, as I have literally played or own all of the games in that list except Fallout 4 and Days Gone.

Great Hair

Banned
but since the ps5 cpu wont be locked, it should boost any ps4 game.

Bloodborne should be finally patched on ps5, thanks a beefier system or are they "software locking" it down to 1.6GHz-cpu, 800mhz-gpu? and have ps5 run in ps4 spec? Hope not.

That is a pretty big bundle for a new console!

I hope some of these games have some 60fps patch (looking at you UC4/Bloodborne, etc.)... but there is no indication of this, I'm fairly sure they would have mentioned "optimized for PS5 or something".

Pretty useless for me. I own every single one of them that I would actually play.

This seems like a way to try and get people to pick up the digital PS5 if they bought all these games on disc.
Now at least you won't have to walk to your console like a peasant just to change game (if you have the discs).

Cato

Banned
Sony revealed that they are introducing a new PS Plus Collection with generation defining games and PS Plus coming to PS5 when it launches.

LIST OF GAMES ANNOUNCED:

That is a solid list of really good games.
Unfortunately for me I already own all of them, except Detroit, on physical so not much use for me :-(

But congrats to anyone that will be new to PlayStation and sign up to Plus.
You will be getting a really really impressive bunch of games here that will keep you busy for a long time.

Cato

Banned
but since the ps5 cpu wont be locked, it should boost any ps4 game.

Bloodborne should be finally patched on ps5, thanks a beefier system or are they "software locking" it down to 1.6GHz-cpu, 800mhz-gpu? and have ps5 run in ps4 spec? Hope not.

Nah, Bloodborne is just fine as is and the fine people at FROM should not waste any time on enhancing it.
That said, if that team at FROM is not super busy crunching right now to get BB2 ready as a surprise launch title then there will be trouble :)

cryptoadam

Banned
PS+ COLLECTION.

Its a collection of the games on + for people who buy a PS5 since you probably didnt have + to add all these games to your library.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Its fucking free shit you fucks, stop complaining about free shit, dont like the free shit dont fucking download it move on, doesnt have what YOU WOULD WANT boofuckinghoo, i have most of these games and just bought Days Gone ffs but still if you buy a PS5 and you're coming in new, its a nice wee collection to have and ITS FUCKING FREE... with a PS+ sub :)

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It's a good list, but there's literally no love for multiplayer fans on that list. Would have fitted with some diversity

pasterpl

Do you guys have installation size of all of these games? Just wondering if a user can download all to ps5 ssd or are these together bigger than ps5 ssd?

Who's placing bets the games that are missing and feel like glaring omissions are because they gotta have PS+ games for the months following the launch? lol

Cato

Banned
It's a good list, but there's literally no love for multiplayer fans on that list. Would have fitted with some diversity

How many multiplayer games are there that matches these games in quality and are not available already on ps4/5?
Give me three such multiplayer games.

Last edited:

The_Mike

How many multiplayer games are there that matches these games in quality and are not available already on ps4/5?
Give me three such multiplayer games.

Oh man. This includes both games that I know are not on console, but when we talk quality in general:

World of Warcraft
Cs go
Dota 2
Star War Online
Guild Wars 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Are just the ones on top of my head.
In dota 2 alone I've spent more hours than I will in any games on that list. Even combined.

Cato

Banned
Oh man. This includes both games that I know are not on console, but when we talk quality in general:

World of Warcraft
Cs go
Dota 2
Star War Online
Guild Wars 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Are just the ones on top of my head.
In dota 2 alone I've spent more hours than I will in any games on that list. Even combined.

You sure that not at least two of those are on PS consoles?
Still, sorry, but they are pretty aged and not really what I want.

Multiplayer on PC is historically great, but you surely can find better examples than these oldies.

The_Mike

You sure that not at least two of those are on PS consoles?
Still, sorry, but they are pretty aged and not really what I want.

Multiplayer on PC is historically great, but you surely can find better examples than these oldies.

Modern warfare came out last year tho. And there's plenty of indies I don't know about cus I like to spend time in GaaS like wow or dota 2.

But you said I should mention titles and I did. I would rather play any of them than the one on your list.

Cato

Banned
Damn will we be able to grab these through the PS store on the browser if we don’t buy a PS5? lol

As someone that have bought every one of them bar one, the price of PS+ is absolutely worth it.
If you don't already own most of them, getting them via PS+ will be the best investment in your life.

Oath.

Thesnipergecko

Neo Member
I wonder if this selection of games will be getting some kind of PS5 patch. IIRC didn't Infamous: Second Son receive an update when the Pro launched to support HDR and add some additional features to the game?

Top Bottom