• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Collection Announced

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Damn! I own all of them already. It hurts because I bought some of them on disc then I rebought them on digital and now they give them away for free.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Feels like this is just to make people feel better about them not having actual PS5 games as part of the PS+ program. Especially true since a lot of these games have been PS+ giveaways in the past.

NickFire

Always had PS+ so already have these games. Great value for people who don't have them yet since they are essentially free unless PS+ as mandatory for online gets dropped.

MiguelItUp

I mean, at least Sony is adding something to their subscription. Hopefully they can continue to deliver perks there.

You get all these games RIGHT AWAY as soon as you turn on the PS5 and register your PS Plus Account :messenger_fire:

This is, by far, the most slept on announcement of the showcase today.
Really? Those games are all old as dirt. You could pick half of them up for almost nothing used. If it had GOT or TLOU2 or other more recent games, I'd agree. But I'd bet most of us who own PS4s have played or own a huge chunk of those.

Geki-D

Banned
I don't really see the point of this. If you have PS Now then you pretty much already have way more games to play right off that bat anyway. Though Days Gone interests me (assuming it doesn't hit PS Now in-between time, and going off dates, it might very well be on there very soon).

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck

Sony revealed that they are introducing a new PS Plus Collection with generation defining games and PS Plus coming to PS5 when it launches.

LIST OF GAMES ANNOUNCED:

Until dawn is on the list twice and I don't see Days Gone which they also showed. This is pretty nice because for the purchase of the console, which I assume comes with a free trial of ps+ you get ~20 games to play day 1. Plus Astro playroom.

TalentedMrJ

So a non PS Plus subscriber would pay regular price and have these available at launch?
Nice bonus to ease the sting of 69.99 1st party games

Will these games be enhanced for PS5???
Down to play Second Son for a 4th time

Rikkori

You are not getting any enhancements, it's just for those people who aren't aware these games sell for like $5 by now. Look at the Spider-Man for PS5 stuff - they're selling that for $30. Enhancements for free? LOL! BEND OVER! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SCB3

Though not enhanced per se, you will get some benefits of some of these being on an SSD, Fallout 4 and Bloodborne for example

That being said, I think I own all of these, and some are baffling, who is still playing MKX over the superior MK11?

Keihart

Just as a reminder, this has been done since the PS3 days, it was done also in the begining of the PS4 days for a while too. There used to be a backlog of games available at any time plus the new games added for each month. I guess we are back to that model with PS+ which makes sense because, how the fuck are they going to give you 3 PS5 games every month with the gen just starting, this balances things out.

Rikkori

The hell are you talking about?
AliveNaturalJenny-size_restricted.gif

BlackM1st

Banned
Wow. Such a "generous" proposal for early adopters who already bought most of these games day 1.

Good for the persona and extra good for the monster hunter. Bigger exposure, more ppl to play in coop. Can't complain here.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Seems like decent padding to get people caught up on the Sony franchises. I didn't see a single game I wanted that I didn't already own, though. I always considered these deals to be aimed at non-Sony gamers who join the brand.

RPS37

Owned and beat
God of War
Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: a Thief's End
Ratchet & Clank

Owned, but quit
Bloodborne
RESIDENT EVIL 7
The Last Guardian

Would be interested
Detroit: Become Human
Until Dawn
Days Gone
InFamous: Second Son
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XV

I’m cool off that
Persona 5
Batman: Arkham Knight
Fallout 4
Battlefield 1
Mortal Kombat X

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I am one of those who skipped PS4 and xb1. I will be jumping on one of the two asap.

Haven't played any of these titles.
you are going to see some awesome stuff if you do!

im excited that people will get to discover Bloodborne or God of War on a PS5. hopefully all of these have nice performance upgrades.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Feels like this is just to make people feel better about them not having actual PS5 games as part of the PS+ program. Especially true since a lot of these games have been PS+ giveaways in the past.

Exactly what this is. The launch line ups for both of these machines is drab and they both are trying to make them look stronger with BC accessible catalogues for very cheap.

Feels like they are trying to make people feel better about having to pay for multiplayer imo. Seems like this might be Sony's response to the rumors that Microsoft is ditching gold and making online free. Rather than give up their PS+ revenue, Sony will try to add more value to the service as an excuse for keeping it around.

Just because I have all these or played them I still think its a great deal. Especially if they get any type of enhancement too. Even if you owned PS4, I know quite a few friends that were way more casual or busier and actually besides playing a few first party games, they haven't really played a lot. If those people get a PS5 or someone brand new jumping to a Sony console...10 free games, comon cant complain about that. I would just argue they could of removed and added Spiderman, its a 2 year old game and an expansion is coming. Just saying because they did put on there GOW which is the same age.

Giles

Loving this alternative to game pass. Currently an Xbox owner so I missed out on god of war and bloodborne. Hopefully see last of us 2, horizon and ghost of tsushima arrive at some point as well!

Top Bottom