• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for February: Horizon Forbidden West, The Quarry, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and more

Kerotan

I'm 50 hours into forbidden west and will probably need another 20 to finish this absolute gem.

I was like you bastard's giving them it, but then I seen the Quarry and I'm like well thank you very much. Just couldn't justify spending much money on a short single player game I'll only play once..

Gonna enjoy this with the woman like I did until Dawn. Big W.

sachos

Have they removed any big games yet from the service? First party games i mean. I wish they added more classics from PS1,PS2 and PSP there are 1000s of games to pick from.

Kagey K

Banned
Have they removed any big games yet from the service? First party games i mean. I wish they added more classics from PS1,PS2 and PSP there are 1000s of games to pick from.
Wwe 2k22 will be removed in March. It was added in Jan. First party remains unknown at this time, as it hasn't even been a full year yet.

Barakov

Gold Member
PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

Horizon Forbidden West | PS4, PS5

The Quarry | PS4, PS5

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard | PS4

Outriders | PS4, PS5

Scarlet Nexus | PS4, PS5

Borderlands 3 | PS4, PS5

Tekken 7 | PS4

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown | PS4

Earth Defense Force 5 | PS4

Oninaki | PS4

Lost Sphear | PS4

I am Setsuna | PS4

The Forgotten City | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Plus Premium | Classics

The Legend of Dragoon | PS1

Wild Arms 2 | PS1

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature | PS1

Destroy All Humans! | PS4

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...he-quarry-resident-evil-7-biohazard-and-more/
Wild Arms 2 and The Legend of Dragoon? Sick.
53ecevx.jpg

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Gotham Knights is already 60% off with the PS+ discount 🤯 I think I'm going to buy it with my PS Stars points.

I'm downloading the trial 😎
Bought! I'm saving so much money with PS+ I don't care if the game isn't as good as the original trilogy. Nice asses in this game :messenger_beaming:
They were making fun of the fact the fact most of the games were or still are on GP.

Ppl try to say Xbox has no games but celebrate when thier service offers the same games.
Bye

Gamepass and digital sales are the same thing?
You need the internet for both? Given almost everyone here and in the modern world will have every device that is able to connect to the internet connected.
I've honestly never understood the objection to a game or a system using the internet at all.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
it’s not going to always be a year, we still have other first party games that haven’t come to Extra after even longer than a year, this is clearly just Sony promoting it before the PSVR2 game and the DLC

I’d bet God of War Ragnarok does not come to Extra at the end of this year

Maybe they've looked at trophy data etc vs sales and it's shown that people just aren't as interested in completing the game so this is an incentive to get players in.

I don't see how putting this on extra does anything for the VR game, but it could deffo get players to out hours into the game.

Mr.Phoenix

You need the internet for both? Given almost everyone here and in the modern world will have every device that is able to connect to the internet connected.
I've honestly never understood the objection to a game or a system using the internet at all.
The problem was never what you are making it out to be. The problem or issue people had was that MS was proposing a console that simply couldn't work unless it was connected to the internet. Even for the physical games you buy.

You can buy a game digitally, and obviously, you need internet for that, but once bought you do not need to stay connected. Games on the services, eg. game catalog on PS+Ex/P (which are like game rentals) require that you sign in at least once every 7 days so your sub status can be validated. But outside that, you do not need the internet for them.

I don't remember there being an objection to the internet on any system, I do however remember there being an objection to how MS proposed to do it. There was even that sony video where Shu and co were showing how to share games on PS4. That was what the issue was, and MS did a 180 on that...

Glad I got three-years of extra. Think I'm gonna sell all my physical games. I can wait a year for games
complete them and then sell them, I sold a few games because I thought I don‘t have to own them physical anymore but eventually they were removed from PS+ Extra (RDR2 for example).

Maybe so they can sell upcoming Horizon DLC?

Maybe sony plan on doing this with all their releases now too. Let's see if GT7 and last of us remake show up later this year. I thought they would wait longer to maximise sales but 12 months is the perfect balance.

Last edited:
The problem was never what you are making it out to be. The problem or issue people had was that MS was proposing a console that simply couldn't work unless it was connected to the internet. Even for the physical games you buy.

You can buy a game digitally, and obviously, you need internet for that, but once bought you do not need to stay connected. Games on the services, eg. game catalog on PS+Ex/P (which are like game rentals) require that you sign in at least once every 7 days so your sub status can be validated. But outside that, you do not need the internet for them.

I don't remember there being an objection to the internet on any system, I do however remember there being an objection to how MS proposed to do it. There was even that sony video where Shu and co were showing how to share games on PS4. That was what the issue was, and MS did a 180 on that...
I had no issues with a console needing to be online at all, Seeing your friends log in and to be able to see what they're playing was one of the best things about the 360 IMO
Never had any issues with a game or console needing to be online at all. In my Trust, unless you're online you can't even go for a interview

I got the issue over 2nd hand games sales, but corps have being looking to stop that for decades. Everything is going digital, even cash.

Mr.Phoenix

I had no issues with a console needing to be online at all, Seeing your friends log in and to be able to see what they're playing was one of the best things about the 360 IMO
Never had any issues with a game or console needing to be online at all. In my Trust, unless you're online you can't even go for a interview

I got the issue over 2nd hand games sales, but corps have being looking to stop that for decades. Everything is going digital, even cash.
Yes, and that is my point. I don't think anyone had any issues with being online, buying games online, renting games online...etc.

The issue everyone had was what MS was trying to do, even with your physical games. They were trying to push this system where you had to be online to be able to pay them. Or at least sign-in once a day.

Everything is or will go digital, eventually, but we are getting there organically, people are choosing to buy digital over buying a disc, and not being forced to use a disc as if it were a digital purchase.

Yes, and that is my point. I don't think anyone had any issues with being online, buying games online, renting games online...etc.

The issue everyone had was what MS was trying to do, even with your physical games. They were trying to push this system where you had to be online to be able to pay them. Or at least sign-in once a day.

Everything is or will go digital, eventually, but we are getting there organically, people are choosing to buy digital over buying a disc, and not being forced to use a disc as if it were a digital purchase.
I never had a issues with MS checking or the console needing to be online at least once a day. The only issues I had was the talk of the game being tied to your console.
I've been online on consoles, since the Saturn. Its never been a issue for me, in fact its more of a issue when a device doesn't support Wi-Fi Tbh

Sony isn’t following a hard set rule. They probably don’t want you adopting the behavior of “I’ll just wait a year for the game to hit ps extra”

Good on them.

Yeah, a per game basis makes sense. 12 months is just the minimum sony are willing to wait. Some games will take longer. Depends on the sales.

Certinty

The Quarry is great!

Horizon Forbidden West I did not expect this soon but I can't say I liked the game at all. Boring as hell.

Mr.Phoenix

I never had a issues with MS checking or the console needing to be online at least once a day. The only issues I had was the talk of the game being tied to your console.
I've been online on consoles, since the Saturn. Its never been a issue for me, in fact its more of a issue when a device doesn't support Wi-Fi Tbh
I don't understand. You can't have one without the other.

The only way to tie games to your console is to have the console phone home at least once a day.

You can't say you never had a problem with the console needing to be online at least once a day and at the same time say you had a problem with the games being tied to it. Cause one was contingent on the other.

As it currently stands with PS (and I believe the same for xbox), your console does not have to be online at least once a day. It's like once a week, and only for games on their rental services (PS+ extra/premium and gamepass). This is a far different thing from what MSwas trying to do before and what people had (and would still have) a problem with.

Chronicle

Man, wtf? I bought hfw on release last year day one. Then cdpr stealth drops cyberpunk so I delve into that. How got shelved until two days ago where I booted it yp and am really enjoying it now. However now it's 'free'. Oh well, you win sone and you lose some.

trikster40

Source? I hope Legend has them!
Normally, they’d list them in the improvements in the description. I don’t see them there.

However, they have retrofitted a couple of classics with trophies, so there’s always hope.

I’m just praying there’s trophy support, they just didn’t list it.

Normally, they’d list them in the improvements in the description. I don’t see them there.

However, they have retrofitted a couple of classics with trophies, so there’s always hope.

I’m just praying there’s trophy support, they just didn’t list it.
Just read the PSBlog for January and Syphon Filter 3 description doesn't mention trophies, which the game has. (just like 1 and 2).
It only says "This version of Syphon Filter 3 is enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters." which Legend of Dragoon also mentions: "Experience The Legend of Dragoon – originally released on PS1, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters."

So there's still hope!

And like you said, even if it doesn't include right now, they could include them later.

Last edited:
Sony is consistently adding very good titles across all Plus tiers (except premium?).
Destroy All Humans remake seems like a fine get for Premium. For this alone it is worth the few bucks Premium costs. And the other games are at least that what the PS1 crowd should be satisfied with.

Premium definitely does not offer the same amount of recent blockbusters as Extra, and the PS1 lovers seem never to be satisfied with any title, but it's still hundreds of exclusive titles + streaming of practically all games of Extra and Premium (which is super convenient, especially if your HDD is full), plus trials aka timed demos.

I don't understand. You can't have one without the other.

The only way to tie games to your console is to have the console phone home at least once a day.

You can't say you never had a problem with the console needing to be online at least once a day and at the same time say you had a problem with the games being tied to it. Cause one was contingent on the other.

As it currently stands with PS (and I believe the same for xbox), your console does not have to be online at least once a day. It's like once a week, and only for games on their rental services (PS+ extra/premium and gamepass). This is a far different thing from what MSwas trying to do before and what people had (and would still have) a problem with.
I meant that the game was only able to be tied to one console, so even if you bought a new XBox yourself for the same house on the same network , you couldn't play it. Just like what Nintendo did with the download games on the 3DS

A console or gaming needed to be online is non issues for me.

trikster40

Just read the PSBlog for January and Syphon Filter 3 description doesn't mention trophies, which the game has. (just like 1 and 2).
It only says "This version of Syphon Filter 3 is enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters." which Legend of Dragoon also mentions: "Experience The Legend of Dragoon – originally released on PS1, enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters."

So there's still hope!

And like you said, even if it doesn't include right now, they could include them later.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

jorgejjvr

Horizon FW is a one year gap from sub plans. Returnal is less than 2 years for PC.

The gaps are getting smaller and smaller for both. And that doesn't even include their GAAS games which seem like they will be day one PC cross play.
Yep, as a consumer, its time to stay on extra and not pay day 1 for $70, time to save money. I can wait

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yep, as a consumer, its time to stay on extra and not pay day 1 for $70, time to save money. I can wait

I don't think this is entirely true. Ratchet is almost 2 years old and that should be on here first.

I think they're just giving it out to have more people be ready for the DLC to sell that more, they probably see a decline in the games normal sales enough for it to be justifiable.

Top Bottom