• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for March revealed

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How do I know what is included with essential vs extra vs premium??
Premium is useless. You just get access to 1 hour trials and PS3 streaming stuff.

Extra is what you want for these monthly games plus all the monthly free PS+ games.

The PS+ or Essential lineup is announced separately.

Premium is useless. You just get access to 1 hour trials and PS3 streaming stuff.

Extra is what you want for these monthly games plus all the monthly free PS+ games.

The PS+ or Essential lineup is announced separately.

These tiers are maddening

I’m just on essential because extra includes a bunch of good games that I mostly already own

tommycronin

Banned
Why? They add so much stuff that even if you remove those you still have a lot to choose from, lmao.

This is such a great deal tbh. And i'm sitting on Persona 5 Royal for 3 months, lmao.
Just some more variety is all, every month its the same thing a bunch of ubi and square games just get thrown on that people have been seeing in sales for years with 80% off and never get them. If you really wanted the game you would have already bought it. I personally would like to see more day 1 release games on there.

Just some more variety is all, every month its the same thing a bunch of ubi and square games just get thrown on that people have been seeing in sales for years with 80% off and never get them. If you really wanted the game you would have already bought it. I personally would like to see more day 1 release games on there.
Guess i'm glad i don't buy most games on day one then? Most games on Plus i haven't played them.

Aenima

And im still waiting for Far Cry 6 and Watch Dogs Legion, so keep them coming.

Tchia is a day 1 release, and they already anounced another day 1 release game for the Essential tier for next month.

...and if you'd start playing it, you'd still be sitting for 3 months.

(Royal does add a lot of QoL improvements, but even the base game is a lot to digest, and then the added content - too much content is a thing. Paging Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes )
I'm about to start the 3rd semester...i played this crap once back in 2020...and the game locked me out of the new stuff because i wasn't friends with everyone i needed. I was so pissed with this game mechanic that i didn't touch this game for 3 years. But i always wanted to get the extra content since everyone says it's the best part of the game. And i'm finally there...after 210 goddamn hours between the first time playing it and the 2nd one so far.

No one can't say i'm not dedicated, lmao.

(sorry for this off topic)

Elios83

Great month, I would have bought Tchia if it wasn't for this.
They have been doing a really good work at making the service attractive in the last few months. They probably realized it's the only way to grow past the usual 45-50m users.

SlimySnake

I’m just on essential because extra includes a bunch of good games that I mostly already own
Yeah, essential is good enough but Sony offered my the extra upgrade for 40% off so i took it. an extra $25 per year to play all these games sounded like a good deal to me. Got PS+ Essential for just $30 so $55 for both PS+ Essential and Extra was pretty reasonable.

Yeah, essential is good enough but Sony offered my the extra upgrade for 40% off so i took it. an extra $25 per year to play all these games sounded like a good deal to me. Got PS+ Essential for just $30 so $55 for both PS+ Essential and Extra was pretty reasonable.

When did they offer this deal?

nowhat

It's really quite simple.

"Essential" is the peasant tier. You get what breadcrumbs the nobility is willing to drop for mere mortals to chew on. May be good, but generally not. Also required for online if you're so inclined.
"Extra" is the "definitely not Gamepass" tier. So, no first-party titles at launch, but genuinely good stuff and also some indies day one (like Stray).
"Premium" is the "I have more money than sense" tier, that includes some additional titles (like up until recently GTA Vice City Definitive Edition, which was absolute dogshit), also classic games with terrible emulation and game streaming (aka PSNow).

So basically. Get "Essential" if you really want online/a few games per month, but nothing else. Get "Extra" for better value. Get "Premium" if you really have too much disposable income.

(And for full disclosure, I have Premium currently, but that's just because I didn't remember to cancel it before renewal. Next year, I totally will. Or I'll forget again.)

Last edited:
End of the year had a ton of deals.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Kilau

Gold Member
Haven is good, already played it on game pass but I recommend it. Has a great soundtrack too.

Aenima

It's really quite simple.

"Essential" is the peasant tier. You get what breadcrumbs the nobility is willing to drop for mere mortals to chew on. May be good, but generally not. Also required for online if you're so inclined.
"Extra" is the "definitely not Gamepass" tier. So, no first-party titles at launch, but genuinely good stuff and also some indies day one (like Stray).
"Premium" is the "I have more money than sense" tier, that includes some additional titles (like up until recently GTA Vice City Definitive Edition, which was absolute dogshit), also classic games with terrible emulation and game streaming (aka PSNow).

So basically. Get "Essential" if you really want online/a few games per month, but nothing else. Get "Extra" for better value. Get "Premium" if you really have too much disposable income.

(And for full disclosure, I have Premium currently, but that's just because I didn't remember to cancel it before renewal. Next year, I totally will. Or I'll forget again.)
Vice City was available on Extra. For now, i think premium is best suited for ppl that want to stream games.

Ivan

Ridge Racer Type 4 makes me cry and smile at the same time and instantly makes this offering one of the best :D

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I enjoyed Immortals much more than I expected. Very vibrant world and lots of puzzles. Pretty good exploration that rewards you.

SlimySnake

When did they offer this deal?
50% off PS+ was black friday on PSN.
40% off PS+ extra was on christmas.
It's typically a $40 upgrade from Essential but i got it for $25 IIRC. They also prorate it so it was probably a bit cheaper since the upgrade was for the remaining 11 months.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Glad to see The World Ends With You and Uncharted. Life is Strange games are great too, though I've already played them.

nowhat

I enjoyed Immortals much more than I expected. Very vibrant world and lots of puzzles. Pretty good exploration that rewards you.
IKR? It's only that some of the dungeons drag on too long, and towards the end the plot gets a bit too sappy I preferred the sarcastic Zeus as a narrator. But all in all, a positive surprise.

marjo

I played through Immortals Fenyx Rising a few months ago, and really enjoyed. It's a bit of a sleeper IMO.

Top Bottom