• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for October: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, A

Draugoth

Gold Member
8cd948880785fbf80f481de6d16b53028a5b3bfc.jpg

Fe4R25vWQAAEqY8

PlayStation + Game Catalog lineup for October revealed
- Vice City (Definitive Edition)
- Dragon Quest XI
- AC Odyssey/Syndicate/3
- AC Chronicles: China/India/Russia
- DQ Builders 1+2 - DQ Heroes 1+2
- Inside
- The Medium
- Naruto to Boruto
- Hohokum

PS+ Premium Classics for October
- Yakuza 3/4/5 Remastered
- Limbo
- Ultra Street Fighter 4
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
- Everyday Shooter

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Good if you like Dragon Quest or AC I suppose. Not much for me. Inside is awesome, but I own that.

Why are they adding VC before III?

Last edited:

jm89

Nice, not a fan of dragon quest type jrpgs but will give it ago.

Also limbo ps3 version seriously?

wvnative

If you like traditional turn based JRPGs then yes.

If not stay away. It's as quintessential as they come.

I like turn based, but I don't like say, bare basics ones with minimum story. Like I can't stand stand pokemon, just collecting monsters don't interest me.

poodaddy

I found The Medium to be sub par but not awful. Vice City is a good get though, how much of the soundtrack remained untouched? I really only listen to the metal station, so if it's fine I'm good to go.

Roxkis_ii

I've heard good things about dragon quest. Seems like a good time to try it out.

Is Dragon Quest like Final Fantasy where the games aren't directly linked?

GHG

I like turn based, but I don't like say, bare basics ones with minimum story. Like I can't stand stand pokemon, just collecting monsters don't interest me.

If you're already subscribed then I'd say give it a try, you will figure out if you like the vibe within 2-3 hours.

If you're not subscribed and it's the only thing you want to try then I wouldn't say it's worth it just for this game considering your uncertainty.

Last edited:

Spitfire098

I got start playing some of these assassins creed games but there such time sinks that I get discouraged just looking at all the ?'s on the map.

engstra

The offering for Extra is pretty solid, will definitely play Medium and maybe try out an assissin's creed game (haven't played any since II).

The offering for Premium is still very poor though. Where are the PS1 games? I was really convinced we would finally get the rumored Dino Crisis on there for this month

jm89

I hope this service gets Ratchet or Sackboy fairly imminently (before Christmas) otherwise it’s fairly clear that this is just Game Pass minus all of the recent releases/MS First Party.
That's pretty much what the service is. They ain't putting on their latest releases, other then the occasional indy.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's pretty much what the service is. They ain't putting on their latest releases, other then the occasional indy.
I know, Sackboy for example is 2 years old now though, so I hope it makes its way to the service soon.

zomboden

Banned
I've heard good things about dragon quest. Seems like a good time to try it out.

Is Dragon Quest like Final Fantasy where the games aren't directly linked?
Yeah, it's similar to the final fantasy series. You'll have no problem whatsoever checking out 11 as your first game in the series. It's an amazing game. Worth playing all of them. (10 is a japanese exclusive MMO though)

wvnative

If you're already subscribed then I'd say give it a try, you will figure out if you like the vibe within 2-3 hours.

If you're not subscribed and it's the only thing you want to try then I wouldn't say it's worth it just for this game considering your uncertainty.

I got the exploited PS now conversion price so yes I already have it. But I also have a backlog of other games and JRPGs are a commitment. On the other hand, my whole backlog is owned, and will always be there. I may not stay subscribed, and games can be pulled anytime, so I normally prioritize subscription games.

nial

Gold Member
So, the Yazuka remasters are on Premium, but the GTA remaster is on Extra...?
Also, Limbo, USF4 and Everyday Shooter all have PS4 and PSP ports, so why not just give those instead of the PS3 streaming versions?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's kind of like the traditional move model.

Primary market: PS5 is the movie theatre
Secondary market: PC (1 year after PS5) is the DVD/Blu Ray
Tertiary market: PS+ (once PS5 and PC sales are saturated) is streaming services

nowhat

About 2 hours did it for me - I'm not opposed to traditional JRPGs, but the dub was just horrible, I hated every voice actor and their accents.

Reactions: GHG

Fbh

Nothing much for me on the extra side though there's some good stuff in there like Dragon Quest XI. Though I guess I'll give Vice City a try just for the sake of nostalgia.

Premium continues to be laughable.

Last edited:

jm89

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow was on PSnow before the switch
Now they put it back on as a new game....
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF
Lol they did the same thing with sly cooper collection. People where like yay sly cooper collection when they added it to the service, i'm like bruh i swear this was already on psnow a few months ago.

Then again there was only a few of us paying for ps now.

Reactions: TGO

YCoCg

Sad that the GTA remasters are still broken shit and Rockstar have gave up on them though, they really earned that 0.5/10 rating.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow was on PSnow before the switch
Now they put it back on as a new game....
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Didn't they already put up Vice City at the start of the year once already too ? :pie_thinking:

Reactions: TGO

blackjon24

great line up, probably the best month so far! Lots of games that I wanted to play but would not shell out the prices they were asking!

Only disappointment is not being able to replay lords of shadow since is streaming only, fun game

Last edited:
Top Bottom