• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for October: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age, A

Skifi28

Sad that the GTA remasters are still broken shit and Rockstar have gave up on them though, they really earned that 0.5/10 rating.

I wouldn't call them great, but I finished vice city recently without any issues. The latest version seems pretty OK. I wouldn't say it's as good as the series deserves, but it's much better than the emulated ps2 version on ps4 or even the version on steam. Only modded versions of the game are superior to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Also, Limbo, USF4 and Everyday Shooter all have PS4 and PSP ports, so why not just give those instead of the PS3 streaming versions?
Yeah. I am totally not opposed to streaming some games but it should be a last resort. For PS3 games that never got ported to anything. As soon as there is a pc port they should offer that as a stream, via stadia...

I am not even through with the first ac2 and they bombard us with them all. They could have stretched it to one per month imho.

Inside, everyday shooter, lord of shadow... nice

LordCBH

Does this mean Ubisoft is getting off their fat asses to fox Syndicate since it’s completely broken when played on a PS5?

Aenima

Already played most of the big games, but still in for:

- DQ Builders 2 (enjoyed the 1st one alot but never played the 2nd)
- Inside
- The Mediocre

No proper classics, but yeah they continue to light it up on the PS4 front.

Guys, I never played Dragon Quest, should I give it a go?
Yes, Dragon Quest XI is one of the best traditional JRPGs from modern days.

I've heard good things about dragon quest. Seems like a good time to try it out.

Is Dragon Quest like Final Fantasy where the games aren't directly linked?
Yes each Dragon quest has its own story and characters.

What's this ubisoft+?
Actually Ubisoft+ is part of PS+ Extra, they just adding Ubisoft+ games each month instead of the full Ubisoft+ library in one go.

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

That’s a good offering! Can’t argue with the value proposition.
The Medium blows chunks, but, nice selection otherwise.
Yeah, the medium is properly shite. I played a good couple of hours of it but it just wasn’t going anywhere, absolute bore of a game.

You can afford to be unexciting if there’s a strong spooky vibe going on but it didn’t even have that.

3/10

bender

What time is it?
But at 60 VS 30 fps of the old version. Pick your poison I guess.

Considering the type of game, I think I prefer the original. I wish I could Frankenstein the feature set though. I own them both. And the Switch version. And the OG version on Steam.

Last edited:
The vanilla version of Dragon Quest XI that came out on PS4 first. This is the Definitive S version that was on Switch and then ported to PS4 again.

It's kind of like Persona 5 Royal Edition.
I know, but I thought you were talking about Dragon Quest 1 (NES) or either the first DQ Builders or DQ Heroes.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but the original PS4 DQXI IS the definitive version, graphically, at least. This "Definitive Edition" is really just the Switch version ported.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I know, but I thought you were talking about Dragon Quest 1 (NES) or either the first DQ Builders or DQ Heroes.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but the original PS4 DQXI IS the definitive version, graphically, at least. This "Definitive Edition" is really just the Switch version ported.

Hmmmmmm, so it looks a lot worse? I do like 60fps, but in a turn-based JRPG I think I'd prefer better visuals at 30.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
8cd948880785fbf80f481de6d16b53028a5b3bfc.jpg

8cd948880785fbf80f481de6d16b53028a5b3bfc.jpg

PlayStation + Game Catalog lineup for October revealed
- Vice City (Definitive Edition)
- Dragon Quest XI
- AC Odyssey/Syndicate/3
- AC Chronicles: China/India/Russia
- DQ Builders 1+2 - DQ Heroes 1+2
- Inside
- The Medium
- Naruto to Boruto
- Hohokum

PS+ Premium Classics for October
- Yakuza 3/4/5 Remastered
- Limbo
- Ultra Street Fighter 4
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
- Everyday Shooter
How many Ubisoft games do you want
Yes

SSfox

Is DQ11 the version with extra stuffs that release on Switch on is it the first DQ11 release on PS4.

bender

What time is it?
I remember being excited for AC3 at the original release because of the setting, but that game was a mess. Does the remaster fair any better?

I'm glad I'll get to see how terrible Grove Street Games Presents Vice City is.

SSfox

Switch version port.
OMFG that's so good, i knew it but it didn't want to go pog yet, i have and bought day one DQ11 (platinumed) but i didn't want to buy it again. Holy shit im so excited i'm gonna replay it with all great pleasure.

More DRAGON QUEST LET'S GO BABY

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Another month without Scarlet Nexus.

They're trying to make me pull the gun on the 30€ ultimate digital edition but...

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Top Bottom