• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus games for Jan 2018

Ubername

Banned
Because it's nothing like Netflix.

You don't normally scroll through the PlayStation store and play every game on there for a flat fee.

I think you're being obtuse on purpose.

Still not free... lol. He even said "Not trying to be pedantic."

They should just call it subscription gaming to make it unambiguous, but hey they won't because they want you thinking you're getting free games which you're not.

Phhhh

I just finished Batman TT Season 1 over the weekend. Pretty solid game, I really digged the pretty new Batman story they put together too. I'm waiting for Season 2 to be finished and then i'll dig into that.

Not to be pedantic. But why do they call it "free games"? It's like Netflix saying "free tv shows".

Both require a subscription.

At this point in time yes i agree with you, but when ”free games" wasnt part of their service and it was this new addition it felt free because it was the same exact service people were just paying, so technically they are free since the services price didnt change to reflect the addition of the free games.

It would be like if ntflx added 2 monthly games for you to play now and the sub price stayed the same. The service youre pating for is the movies and shows on demand, the 2 random games are a ”free" add in bonus... they didnt have to start including games.

The 2 free games have been part of the service now thouggh for so long and they advertise it as such that its just an expected inclusion of the service.

pretty much its clever marketing lingo

Rellik

Because for PS+ subscribers, these games will be free at checkout for the month.

I get where you're coming from but IMO it's a silly thing to get hung up on.

It's usually fuel used in fanboy/console warz born from when PS+ began and Xbox had no alternative.

Smax

At this point in time yes i agree with you, but when “free games” wasnt part of their service and it was this new addition it felt free because it was the same exact service people were just paying, so technically they are free since the services price didnt change to reflect the addition of the free games.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "free games" were always part of PS Plus. It's online gaming that was added later with the PS4 release.

PaulBizkit

come on, what a bunch of shit for the ps3. Last month we had that xblaze code embryo shit that nobody cared about, the previous month a game about monster trucks. This month we have Sacred 3, a game nobody played despite being in every humble bundle/holiday discount/sales ever.

What does it take sony to give us something good? I remember the good old days of infamous 2, demon's souls, street fighter 4, king of fighters 13, tomb raider 2013, and it's been almost 2 or 3 years of nothing but crap.

Because for PS+ subscribers, these games will be free at checkout for the month.

I get where you're coming from but IMO it's a silly thing to get hung up on.

It's usually fuel used in fanboy/console warz born from when PS+ began and Xbox had no alternative.

IIRC in the EU you're not allowed to mark anything as "free" if you still have a purchase tied to it. So you can't do crap like here in the US with a BOGO sale, it has to be worded as like 2 for the price of one or Buy one get another 100% off or just with it or whatever the hell.

So like when you go to the PS Store for the plus games it'll say 100% off, because you're paying for the sub.

Does anyone know what is going on with Psycho-Pass on the PS4? It is still showing up with a price for me.

I'm thinking the mention of it being cross-buy was a mistake, because neither game page on the store even mentions it. I wouldn't doubt ti being cross-save, maybe, but even that isn't mentioned.

The US blog post when the game was releasing doesn't make mention, either:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...y-happiness-hits-ps4-ps-vita-on-september-13/

Plus each version got a physical release (complete with CE/LE!) which almost never has cross-buy unless they include a code for whichever version is not being bought physically (Sly Cooper Collection, for example).

Does anyone know what is going on with Psycho-Pass on the PS4? It is still showing up with a price for me.

It's not even showing up in the PS3 list where I usually download the vita games since my memory card is always full... Had to search for it...

Thriller

Can someone help me out? I've been playing Deus Ex for some hour now and my skill tree was reset (won't go into details).
Now I have no Idea of how to assign the augs to my D-pad. I figured out that after actually using an upgraded aug I was able to assign it, is this the way it should be done?

Seanze01

Just wanted to share that Psycho Pass PS4 was free for me on the PS store mobile app. Was able to download it from there under the free games.

philm87

Can someone help me out? I've been playing Deus Ex for some hour now and my skill tree was reset (won't go into details).
Now I have no Idea of how to assign the augs to my D-pad. I figured out that after actually using an upgraded aug I was able to assign it, is this the way it should be done?

They get reset as part of the story don't they. From memory I think you pretty much start off with nothing then have to unlock them before assigning them.

Thriller

They get reset as part of the story don't they. From memory I think you pretty much start off with nothing then have to unlock them before assigning them.

Yes they do, but i'm investing all these points in the trees and I still can't use 'em, this is the only part of the game which kind of confuses me T_T

Not Drake

Looks like they fixed an issue I had with Batman. I was stupid enough and bought first 2 episodes separately at some point. The option to buy the season pass was greyed out for me. Today I could add the Season Pass to my cart no problem.

Better late I guess... Thx Sony.

autoduelist

Glad I missed the pedantic 'not really free' debate this time around. The free games are alright this month. I already own Dues Ex but whatever, I've got probably hundreds of free ps+ games I haven't even played yet collected up, let alone my actual paid for backlog.

YoussefN

Neo Member
I own Deus Ex but not the others. TT Batman is nice, always wanted to try it but never wanted to buy it

Top Bottom