• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus games for January 2020 - Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection & Goat Simulator

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Damn, looks like they've spent all the budget on adding their own games to the lineup and could only afford to add a shitty indie game that you could buy for less than 3€.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Uncharted 2 is one of those games that is a must play, but 1 and 3 are forgettable.
my daughter and I had a lot of fun with goat simulator a few years back, but yeah it does get old quick....

Jamesie

Neo Member
Pretty cool to have the Uncharted series if you've not played them before but I imagine almost everyone and their dog has already played it, including A Thief's End or just packaging it would have been a much nicer gift however most UC fans will have also played that one.

Got nada to say about Goat Simulator.

Last edited:

psygn0sis

It's the online aspect that forces people to pay for this joke of a service. And we have to thank MS for showing the way last gen and everyone who paid for that hot air even with zero "free" games.

Even Nintendo is following this trend nowadays :(

Bryank75

Banned
Last few months have been a total bust for me, I have owned almost everything. I own all the UC games on PS3 and 4.... but the disc from the PS4 collectors edition went missing (Kids). So, I'll take this as a free replacement (Which isn't a bad thing!).

Ivellios

Never played the original Uncharted 1, so at least that is one game in gonna play, still Sony can do better with their free games.

CyRuZ

Banned
And the next month where I got the only "good" title already. Sony seriously has to change it to a list of titles where you can choose between.

Why do you say that?

Combat is incredibly basic, to the point of repetitive boredom. Melee combat is basically useless. The environments are also very repetitive. The climbing mechanics, which make up a lot of your "exploration", is basically just "follow the path" to the next convenient ledge to grab onto. There isn't really any skill involved. So just like the combat it turns into mindless nonsense. It is funny that the most challenge you get from the exploration gameplay is the sometimes out to lunch camera.

The characters lacked any depth and were pretty generic and lame. I dunno, this all has to be viewed through the lens of it being a ps3 launch title. It was alright for the time, but it is meh to the max these days.

It's not even the GOATY edition. The actual value of the games is like 10€.

This is really embarrassing and prolly the worst month I've seen so far.

Dthomp

This is clearly a month for the new PS players who got the GOD/Horizon/Spidey bundles for Xmas. Get the kid friendly dumb Goat Simulator and a major 1st party trilogy. I get it....am I happy? No, cause I already had the NDC and it's been on sale for like 7 bucks a number of times.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Really Sony?

Goat the fuck outta here.

Z0z4cDN.gif

Allforce

The kick in the dick about Uncharted Collection is there's no chapter select from the jump. Like, we all played these games years ago just let us jump to our favorite parts and play them.

nikolino840

*Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qata, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and UAE will receive Frantics in lieu of Goat Simulator. Arcade style fun and madcap mini-games are all the rage in Frantics, where you and up to three friends have to face off in a variety of challenges.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. A bunch of PS3 games and an indie game that was an Xbox June 2016 Games with Gold freebie.

Don't break the bank Sony.

Last edited:
Top Bottom