• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus games for January 2020 - Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection & Goat Simulator

Hostile_18

Banned
Wow the Uncharted collection is an amazing addition.

I recently got the plats on all 3 and loved every minute. Each game really holds up IMO even the first (playing on a calibrated OLED, was beautiful).

Ar¢tos

I'm not going to renew ps+. I rarely play MP games nowadays, cloud saves are useful but a USB stick does the same and the ps+ games are hardly exciting lately. I'll just pay for a month when there is a MP game that interests me. Overall the quality of the service went down when they stopped giving ps3 and vita games.
They could have added VR games, at least I would be building a backlog for when psvr2 comes out.

IKSTUGA

Nice, never got the UC collection, because I already played those on the PS3. Will definitely replay at some point.

Ar¢tos

You never played UC4.
I did. I forced myself to play it. One chapter a day. It really annoyed me the constant waves of enemies coming from some mysterious place when I was in the middle of nowhere. Ending a game with 500+ kills but zero conscience problems, but memories of the past with his brother get Drake all messed up...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I did. I forced myself to play it. One chapter a day. It really annoyed me the constant waves of enemies coming from some mysterious place when I was in the middle of nowhere. Ending a game with 500+ kills but zero conscience problems, but memories of the past with his brother get Drake all messed up...

This is a lamest and laziest knock that I've seen of the Uncharted series. Many people say it. But I suspect it's only used by "certain" people though.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

This is a lamest and laziest knock that I've seen of the Uncharted series. Many people say it. But I suspect it's only used by "certain" people though.
Certain things completely Break my immersion in games. In UC4 it was that desert like scene where 2 vans of bad guys arrive, I expect like 10 guys max but I end up having to kill 40 or 50. Feels like bad design, just use a more realistic number of enemies but make them harder to kill.
I also don't like much the abuse of flashbacks games have nowadays.

NAI1210

These games are just a bonus for paying to play online, we never used to get free games on xbox360 cause Sony didn't charge for online play on ps3, free games where added when they started to charge on ps4 and Microsoft followed suit and now you are all whining about the choice of free games, I think the past few months I have got about 7 free games I was interested in but never got round to picking them up now I got them for free 😉

Yayyyyy

Hopefully Sony will do better again with their Plus offerings next-gen.
They've been underwhelming for a long time.
I like the games they have been dropping
Nioh, Outlast 2, Detroit become human, last of us, uncharted pack, Arkham Knight, heavy rain, borderlands collection, Titanfall 2, sonic mania, overcooked, sniper elite 4, what remains of Edith finch and some other have all been dropped relatively recently. I've been happy with them at least

Fox Mulder

These games are just a bonus for paying to play online, we never used to get free games on xbox360 cause Sony didn't charge for online play on ps3, free games where added when they started to charge on ps4 and Microsoft followed suit and now you are all whining about the choice of free games, I think the past few months I have got about 7 free games I was interested in but never got round to picking them up now I got them for free 😉

I forgot who started the free games. MS also has a bigger bin to dig in with Xbox 360 and XB backwards compatible games, but I’m sure there’s plenty of people that similarly look at those as junk filler too.

dDoc

It's the online aspect that forces people to pay for this joke of a service. And we have to thank MS for showing the way last gen and everyone who paid for that hot air even with zero "free" games.

Agree 100%. Still if majority of people said eff you to the 3 platform holders they would change their tune real fast. Alas we seem to be in the minority, but thankfully since Im not into MP games that much nowadays its an easy choice for me.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Thought the quality would go up at Christmas, not down. Very disappointing December and January lineup.

Letting mine run out, too, after being a Plus member since the beginning. For so many years PS Plus offered a tremendous value. You get 6 free games per month in addition to big, additional discounts on sales as a Plus member. But no more. The 6 free games per month is now 2, and the additional Plus savings are non-existence or not worth the price of the subscription anymore. There's little value left with a PS Plus subscription in its current state.

Top Bottom