• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January: Persona 5 Strikers, Dirt 5, Deep Rock Galactic

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you reduce it to its bare forumla it's exactly what you're thinking, running missions over and over again to level the 4 classes, gain new weapons/gadgets/perks and cosmetics for each class and then running those same missions on higher difficulties to get better rewards. Think of it kinda like Diablo gear farming except you have a clear progression path laid put before rather than RNG.

So if the above is not your type of experience then yeah, probably not worth your time.

That being said, I've been addicted to the game since it hit PS Plus, it's wonderful and full of really smart design and fantastic class synergy/coop. ROCK AND STONE!

The Diablo games have an end goal though, a story to complete. Then you can keep doing endgame grinding of course, but that's not something I've ever been into. And this game seems to be JUST that part, without any "main game" part.

I know that many people feel that the endgame of Diablo is the "real" game, and the story just something you have to get through to get there, and for those people this game is probably great. But that's not me.

Last edited:

Inviusx

The Diablo games have an end goal though, a story to complete. Then you can keep doing endgame grinding of course, but that's not something I've ever been into. And this game seems to be JUST that part, without any "main game" part.

I know that many people feel that the endgame of Diablo is the "real" game, and the story just something you have to get through to get there, and for those people this game is probably great. But that's not me.

Yes it's just pure grinding/character progression. No story mode but definitely a lot of flavour that hints at a larger world outside of what you're doing, if you look hard enough and pay attention. Also Karl.

RAIDEN1

I just have a hard time getting into any driving game without combat or turbo. It's more of a me thing I think.
There is always the recently remastered Need for Speed game, that remains the best one till date (in terms of installments that have come out since 2010) and it has the turbo as well as cops!

xrnzaaas

Can anyone elaborate how important it is to play 'main' Persona 5 game before Strikers? Is it necessary? I always wanted to try P5, but I kept putting it away because of how long it is.

Chukhopops

Can anyone elaborate how important it is to play 'main' Persona 5 game before Strikers? Is it necessary? I always wanted to try P5, but I kept putting it away because of how long it is.
You won’t have any idea who any of the characters are if you haven't played P5. It’s a direct sequel and assumes you know the characters. If I remember correctly there’s no recap like in the Yakuza games.

The story also references events from P5 but that’s fairly rare overall.

Gamepass, but that is what PlayStation+ compares to, no?

its more like Games With Gold (as in a few monthly titles that are yours to keep once you claim) Gamepass is closer to being PlayStation Now but even then not really a direct analog when you compare the content

Top Bottom