• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January: Persona 5 Strikers, Dirt 5, Deep Rock Galactic

AlexxKidd

af4b6543bc8cd3f2af2fbce685cd052bfef7e456.jpg

Confirmed via the PlayStation Blog.

Last edited:
Strikers was a pretty good game, IMO. It took me a while to get used to the combat, but once it clicked I had a lot of fun. The presentation/UI and the OST are just as good (or maybe even better) than in Persona 5.

That being said, you should be aware that it is a direct sequel to Persona 5, so make sure to play that beforehand if you want to get the best experience out of Strikers.

bender

What time is it?
I just bought Strikers, dang. This seems like one of the better months in recent history.

Aenima

Great month for me as well. P5 Strikers was actually a game i wanted to buy. And Dirt 5 for PS5 a game i wanted to try. Deep Rock Galatica dosent seem to be my type of game, so that one ill pass.

Vandole

That's a reminder that I need to give Strikers another chance. I went in thinking it was going to be more of a Musou game that it was, and I kind of felt disappointed that it leaned much more towards the Persona side of combat. At any rate, it just never clicked with me despite previously enjoying both series.

RAIDEN1

Dirt 5....I mean C'mon! Thats been on Gamepass for god knows how long, you could have come up with something better! Maybe MGS HD collection? When you have Horizon 5 Dirt 5 doesn't even come close..

Elios83

Good month but I'm currently unsubscribed to Plus ( I don't play many online games and the Plus monthly games usually are either titles I already have or trash).
I was thinking about subbing again for the co-op in Elden Ring and the online in GT7 but with Spartacus around the corner in spring....I wouldn't like to end up spending more for less if they completely change the value proposition of their services.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Why wouldn't they be? Because there was one game that just released the smaller special edition?
There’s also Mortal Shell that won’t allow ps5 upgrade without $, unlike the full PS4 version where the upgrade is free. Before that it was FF7.

You’re not getting the equivalent entitlement as with the retail versions. .

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Dirt 5....I mean C'mon! Thats been on Gamepass for god knows how long, you could have come up with something better! Maybe MGS HD collection? When you have Horizon 5 Dirt 5 doesn't even come close..
MGS HD hasn't even released on PS4/PS5.

Oh c'mon Sony, port the game and make it free asap!

Last edited:
Didn't finish Persona 5 Royal yet but was enjoying it ( started Horizon), but Strikers will make me buy a month or two of PS+. Nice one.

There’s also Mortal Shell that won’t allow ps5 upgrade without $, unlike the full PS4 version where the upgrade is free. Before that it was FF7.

You’re not getting the equivalent entitlement as with the retail versions. .
When did you not get the full game of FF7? Yes, it was the PS4 version. The free PS5 upgrade came later, but it was always the full game.

It's obvious what your angle is here.

mclaren777

I'm worried about the lengthy playtime of Deep Rock Galactic.

As a working adult with two small children, the idea of playing a 60+ hour game is terrifying.

Top Bottom