• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Games for November (out Nov 3rd - Tuesday): Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4), Hollow Knight (PS4), Bugsnax (PS5)

What is it?

• Total voters

Nymphae

Banned
Well Hollow Knight is epic, but is there anyone who wants to play that hasn't?

I've never even seen it I don't think. Will check it out though based on the opinions here.

Can you explain what makes it so awesome in a short little sentence?

Last edited:

makaveli60

Sony is killing it with the ps plus games for many months now for me. They give me those games "freely" which I am not that interested to buy currently but would still like to try. Perfect for me.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

Bugsnax is the free PS Plus game, yes, you get it as long as you are a PS Plus subscriber. And yeah, the same thing happened at the PS4 launch. You gotta find something else to troll, champ. ;)

???

It was a joke, which I made clear and then went on to praise Sony for offering two next gen games for free. Don't get so easily trigger by obvious stuff.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Doesn't the PS5 come with a free game out of the box, which is a next generation game and now with Bugsnax which is also a next generation game. And I am aware PS Plus, just wasn't expecting a next gen game to be included right away.
Bugsnax is the free PS Plus game, yes, you get it as long as you are a PS Plus subscriber. And yeah, the same thing happened at the PS4 launch. You gotta find something else to troll, champ. ;)
Bugsnax isn't next gen, it's coming out on PS4 as well.

Azurro

Banned
???

It was a joke, which I made clear and then went on to praise Sony for offering two next gen games for free. Don't get so easily trigger by obvious stuff.

Haha, come on mate, we all know your schtick. I can go to your history and find tons and tons of angry anti Playstation/Sony troll posts. I'm honestly amazed at how you can hate a company so much but really, the chances you were joking after your anti PS crusade are pretty much nill buddy. At least own up to it. :)

Last edited:

Esca

I'm so stoked for this month. I've been in the mood for some lotr ish stuff, I've almost bought hollow knight multiple times, and bugsnax looks cute enough to give a fair shake

tryDEATH

Haha, come on mate, we all know your schtick. I can go to your history and find tons and tons of angry anti Playstation/Sony troll posts. I'm honestly amazed at how you can hate a company so much but really, the chances you were joking after your anti PS crusade are pretty much nill buddy. At least own up to it. :)

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder and get triggered easily because someone says something about your dear little console. The only one getting emotional is you right now and I don't hate Sony they just don't align with my needs. Stating my opinion isn't trolling especially when making light hearted joke like I did in this thread. You on the other hand are a hardcore fanboy that loves to troll so how about toning down that salt intake and relax as its only going to get worse for you from here on.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I think it's the PS5 version they are giving away, so it counts as the PS5 game of the month. I don't know if PS4 users can add it to their library and download the PS4 version though.
Yeah, what I meant was you are right in calling tryDEATH tryDEATH a troll. Just look at his condescending post above 👆

I personally don't really count cross gen games as next gen, but maybe others feel differently. Still excited to play bugsnax on ps5 at launch 👏

jaysius

Banned
Hollow Knight is on plus in November, November is the 11th month, 11 has 2 digits, this is 2020 and that has 2 2's in it, so therefore Hollowknight 2: Silksong will FINALLY release soon. I don't think I missed anything here did I?

Javthusiast

Banned
Pretty good line up. Always wanted to play Hollow Knight, but price was too high.

Can we peasents without a ps5 snatch Bugsnax through the online store or the ps apps?

Azurro

Banned
Yeah, what I meant was you are right in calling tryDEATH tryDEATH a troll. Just look at his condescending post above 👆

I personally don't really count cross gen games as next gen, but maybe others feel differently. Still excited to play bugsnax on ps5 at launch 👏

Ah, well, you can't expect much from that guy, he pretty much always says the same thing, he's basically a videogame NPC.

Anyway, I agree with you, the PS5 version doesn't seem to be significantly different from the PS4 version, but "technically" it's a PS5 version so it's a PS5 game. Sneaky Sony. :p

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Hard to complain about a free PS5 game but last gen we got Resogun for free day one and this time it's Bugsnax. I feel confident saying these games will be world's apart in terms of quality.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Excited for Bugsnax, very excited that we are getting PS5 games on PS+ starting on the very first month.

I would have thought they'd use that PS4 collection thing as a hook to distract people so they could get away with not putting any PS5 games on the service for a while.

Bryank75

Banned
PlayStation are really giving us a lot of good stuff right now... excellent, I'll have so much to play for months.

I have Hollow Knight though. But still..great month.

FunkMiller

Gaming sacrilege at its finest:

I couldn’t get on with Hollow Knight. Found it twee and boring.

I’m going to have to download Bugsnax though, just so there’s something playing on the TV when the police come in to discover the corpses.

iconmaster

Banned
cN0nJI0.gif

Last edited:

notseqi

Can't wait for the future GOTG crossover: BugsKnax.
I did that one before. Good try though.

BOMBA! LMAO, Bugnax didn't even launched and it's already coming to PS+, but let's be honest, this game never had a chance, it's the only way average gamers will even hear about it.
Ya ever heard about Knack? It's an old name but it checks out.

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder and get triggered easily because someone says something about your dear little console. The only one getting emotional is you right now and I don't hate Sony they just don't align with my needs. Stating my opinion isn't trolling especially when making light hearted joke like I did in this thread. You on the other hand are a hardcore fanboy that loves to troll so how about toning down that salt intake and relax as its only going to get worse for you from here on.
Big boy! Go big away!

Last edited:

Dthomp

Awesome! I really wanted Hollow Knight, just never felt a good enough sale. Bugsnax is a surprise, even if it's shit, it's a next gen? game to take up a day or two of time with.

nowhat

Awesome! I really wanted Hollow Knight, just never felt a good enough sale. Bugsnax is a surprise, even if it's shit, it's a next gen? game to take up a day or two of time with.
It's not next gen. It's snax gen.

(personally, looking forward to trying it - once I get my preorder, didn't manage to get into the first batch with my retailer, so I should get one early December... maybe... pretty please?)

down 2 orth

Meanwhile Knack is drunk on the street curb, pissed off that there won't be a third game because none of you bought the sequel (I never played it). How could you do this to Knack, GAF? We were supposed to be tight like brothers...

JonnyMP3

I'm now kinda semi-glad I didn't get a PS5 preorder...
With Bugsnax free, my soon to be 5 year daughter would probably hog it from me anyways.

Maddux4164

Fantastic news for us players and the devs of Bugsnax. Guaranteed 9/10 PS5 owners will download this title. Great exposure.

Also, not sure why some of y’all hate on Knack, that was a damn fun romp at launch btw

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Huh, so they've added more games to the plus collection (Crash and COD weren't in the original announcement) Sweet.
They're adding Crash Trilogy to the PS+ collection? Sweet, although I don't know if I want to destroy the Dualsense controller so soon. ;)

Vandole

I've never even seen it I don't think. Will check it out though based on the opinions here.

Can you explain what makes it so awesome in a short little sentence?
It's a Metroidvania with a completely unique setting, beautiful art style, and a Dark Souls type of difficulty.

Top Bottom