• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus increasing in price to $59.99 usd/$69.99 cad starting Sept 22

j-wood

From their blog:

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.
PlayStation Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts. You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.
If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.

Man that kinda sucks. I don't see anything about getting any thing extra from this increase.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

BroBot

MJhpCvj.gif

Boke1879

Looks like I'll be buying my year membership very soon then before this takes hold.

and to be quite honest there are always sales on + subscriptions anyway. Same with Live.

Haha. Really? With the state PS+ has been?

Good luck with that one Sony.

I guess they got to pay that COD DLC tax like ms did last gen

Zukuu

Banned
More bucks for less of a service compared to PS3. Not feeling it. After SFV being a disappointment, I have no reason to get another year anyway and I don't see myself getting into a console multiplayer game anytime soon either.

DrArchon

Sony doing everything in its power to get my to stick with my PC and not buy a PS4.

Seriously, paying for online multiplayer blows and I don't care how many "free" games I get with it.

BHK3

Banned
For indie god damn games every month I can get on humble on pc and an online infrastructure built in a cave with scraps???????????

Did XBL ever get a price increase? This is actual horseshit

The cost of being number one in the console race folks.

j-wood

Dammit, my thread was first.

Either way, this sucks. We better start getting some retail ps4 games for this.

What? The value's just not there for me personally anymore. I was on the fence about renewing my subscription for $50. For $60, I'm out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haha. Really? With the state PS+ has been?

Good luck with that one Sony
Well you have to subscribe for online multiplayer...they know they can get away with it now.

Really hope Nintendo doesnt stop charging for online mp with NX - i doubt it but you never know.

big fake

Fuck off Sony, like can't we get a break somewhere? We are still paying 400+ on your consoles, you could at least not fuck us over with PS+ :(

~Cross~

Welp, just gonna let this sucker lapse. I'm not even using it anyways since I mostly game on PC and haven't even been booting the console to download the free titles.

Sony found its money maker, they decided there was no reason to be cheaper than Xbox Live Gold.

And the games will continue being ten dollar indie platformers because fuck you, you're paying for online play now.

Top Bottom