• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for July: Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, Man of Medan, Arcadegeddon

Draugoth

Gold Member
FWbbxtMWAAoxFhY

Coming to PS+ Essential in July
- Crash Bandicoot 4
- Man of Medan (PS4)
- Arcadegeddon

Last edited:

TexMex

Hope more people play Crash now. One of the best platformers in years. Shockingly good and I wasn’t a fan of 1-3 on PSX.

The Crash trilogy was annoying me, but then I heard about the modern mode and jump circle options you can turn on in Crash 4, now I'm looking forward to it . . . and Stray in a few weeks.

Fbh

Nice to see it confirmed, that's a really good month.
I never ended up picking up Crash 4 so I'll definitely be playing that as I've heard really good things about it.

Also good to see Ps+ Essential is staying strong for now. There's always the fear it will turn to trash as they try to push their more expensive subscription (cough Xbox live gold cough).

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Another Crash game 🤩 Activision keeps giving them away on PS Plus. They must be teasing a new one for 2025 when Toys for Bob stops COD support 😅

Btw, Dark Pictures Little Hope is also on Extra so you can play both on PS Plus.
PS5 we eating good this month
The last 2 months with the revamp are absolutely crazy. My hard drives are so full I have to stream games, no more space 😅

Best deal in gaming. Period.

DJ12

Wonder what the mid month freebies will be for extra and premium users.

Last edited:

tmlDan

love love love crash, already own it but a great opportunity for those who haven't played it.

It's really well done.

This is actually very surprising, I was expecting Sony to completely throw PS+ IGC under the bus from now on.

Another Crash game 🤩 Activision keeps giving them away on PS Plus. They must be teasing a new one for 2025 when Toys for Bob stops COD support 😅
The long con.

Last edited:

Xeaker

Crash Bandicoot 4 was the worst platformer I have played in recent years.
Man of Medan was so fuking boring I had to quit it after 1 hour LOL

This is great, I purchased Little Hope and House of Ashes a few months back. Now I have all 3 XD. Waiting for the Quarry to be on sale.

Nice. I have PS+ Premium anyway, but I'm glad Sony still puts good games on PS+ Essential, because unlike PS+ Extra and GamePass, these games never leave the service.

Sadly, that'll probably happen, but it would be a terrible look to do it so soon.
I think it's less likely to happen with Sony, because with game pass the big selling point is you buy gold for 60, and can upgrade to game pass for a dollar. With Sony, that upgrade is 40. Still a deal for what you get in return, but it's easier to sell people on a 40 dollar upgrade who are already getting value from the essential tier. With game pass, they just consider the 60 to be the price of game pass, and who cares about the other games.

What were the games for June? I saw nickelodeon fighter game, Naruto, and one other game I don't remember. Was it one of those?

They're talking about the mid-month PS Plus Extra games that will be added to the service. The only one confirmed so far is Stray, but we'll likely see a few others added as well. These are the games that are basically replacing the PS Now service.

Last edited:

Hoppa

Crash 4 is great, glad people on the fence can give it a go. Don’t care for Medan and never heard of Arcadegeddon is it a battle Royale?

Crash 4 is great, glad people on the fence can give it a go. Don’t care for Medan and never heard of Arcadegeddon is it a battle Royale?
It's a rogue-like 3rd person shooter. Think something like Returnal, although with 4 player co-op and some optional PVP modes. It can also be played in single player mode.

Aenima

Good month for me. Wanted to play Man of Medan, but not really buying it cuz some mixed reviews.

skit_data

Damn, Crash 4 is pretty damn hard (well, outside of having infinite lives). Its much more brutal than anything in the old trilogy.
Very good game though, so far!

Edit: I tend to use the directional buttons for the Crash games and it still works good in this despite being more of a 3D game than the old trilogy. I can’t imagine playing this on a Xbox controller, just like I can’t imagine playing the Tony Hawk games. These games need to have proper directional buttons rather than analog stick or a big pad instead of dedicated directional buttons.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Crash 4 is now available on PS+. I'm downloading it from the app 😎

There was so much hype about it a few months ago with the Crash avatars. Can't wait to play it 😁

Top Bottom