• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Premium Service announced [S-CONF]

JetBlackPanda said:
I am picking up a PS3 this month and I am debating if I should jump in with PSN+ what are some honest opinions on the service?

thanks everyone

If you plan on spending $$$ on the PS Store, then you should definitely purchase a sub to +.

tirminyl

JetBlackPanda said:
I am picking up a PS3 this month and I am debating if I should jump in with PSN+ what are some honest opinions on the service?

thanks everyone

As others have stated, go for it. You will be getting free games with your subscription, Qore, game discounts, and automatic downloads which will especially be nice for backlog games you decide to pick up.

Benedict

If I buy a US PSN+ subscription, can I use the content on my EU-account or are some, or all, of the content locked to the US-account?
Will the automatic downloads also be available for content, patches, I bought with my EU-account?

fixuis

Benedict said:
If I buy a US PSN+ subscription, can I use the content on my EU-account or are some, or all, of the content locked to the US-account?
Will the automatic downloads also be available for content, patches, I bought with my EU-account?

Plus selects downloads for games for automatic downloads based on if youve played them recently. Doesn't matter which regions.

But depending on which region you buy, your ps3 will give you the option to make that account the default so that automatic downloads can work. The ps3 auto turns on, logs into the plus account and downloads patches, updates and anything else if needed.

But if you dont give the ps3 permission to make the plus account the default startup account, then auto downloads will not work.

AndyD

aka andydumi
alr1ghtstart said:
Did they really take away WipeoutHD as the free game? They want me to pay $50 for discounts? I already own WHD so the point is moot, but that seems pretty ridiculous.

Wait, you thought it accumulates for free until you decide to buy and then you get the whole back catalog of free stuff?

Also, I thought Critter Crunch is still July stuff. Was it not added at the end of July?

jvm

Gamasutra.
AndyD said:
Wait, you thought it accumulates for free until you decide to buy and then you get the whole back catalog of free stuff?

Also, I thought Critter Crunch is still July stuff. Was it not added at the end of July?
I believe it was added in the 5th week, which I took to be the first week of August's stuff. Maybe I'm wrong.

fenners

AndyD said:

No, you get the free stuff from the "month" you start subscribing in and then until you stop subscribing. You don't get access to all the stuff from previous months.

Still no remote deactivation feature, Sony. Tsk tsk. I need 3 slots freed on my main account and you just won't help me unless my system was previously serviced...tsk tsk...

JesseZao

jetsetfluken said:
Still no remote deactivation feature, Sony. Tsk tsk. I need 3 slots freed on my main account and you just won't help me unless my system was previously serviced...tsk tsk...

You sound OCD.

AndyD

aka andydumi
jvm said:
I believe it was added in the 5th week, which I took to be the first week of August's stuff. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe but that makes no sense to me.

Particularly since that was on July 27th, and that entire week is in July, not even straddling the month. And with the new by weekly updates, each month should get a neat 2 updates or so, August 10th and 24th, September 6th and 20th and so forth.

Otherwise, if we just count 4 weeks at a time, August will end on the 17th which makes the upcoming update on August 24 part of September already?

Yes we got a PSN game, a mini and a PS1 game on the 27th and another mini on the 10th, which rounds out their 1+2+1 minimum promise, but even their own blog said August 3rd was the end of the July promotions including the extra free months (essentially prior to the first August store update).

I still want to see the lineup for September for US. But Grace Chen is pretty ineffective. They said two months in advance...

AndyD

aka andydumi
fenners said:
No, you get the free stuff from the "month" you start subscribing in and then until you stop subscribing. You don't get access to all the stuff from previous months.

Right. He was complaining that Wipeout HD is no longer included when we are in the middle of August and it was a July item.

spats

And finally, after the weekend we will be dropping another little treat into the Plus section. On Monday Plus members will have exclusive early access to buy the PS One cult classic Tomb Raider; two weeks before it goes live to the rest of PlayStation Store. Enjoy exploring, fighting and puzzle solving with the original Lara Croft.

4884751905_b5431ab6a5.jpg

GG Kebby

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/13/exclusive-extras-for-playstation-plus-members/

edit: oh.. premium pricing

Hi, I just checked and Tomb Raider will be £7.99 and €9.99, and exclusively available to Plus members from Monday

I was thinking about going for this service, but I haven't. I guess it has less value to me even though I buy stuff on the PS Store fairly regularly. I'm hesitant because I might buy something then the next month it may appear on Plus with a discount or for free. Automatic downloading of patches should be a free feature, in my mind, as well.

yurinka

fenners said:
Let's see if I undestand how it works. If I subscribe in August:

a) I can access offers published from the start of the month I subscribed (August) until I leave the subscription.
b) For these offers I can access, I have to download / buy them the month when are published.
c) Once I downloaded / purchased this month, I can download more times later months if I'm still subscribed to PSN+
d) If I didn't downloaded / purchased them the month they were published, I won't be able to download them later months even I'm still subscribed.
e) So I subscribe in August, I can't access July offers.

V_Ben

Banned
spats said:

premium pricing is annoying, but you have to remember that it now has the square enix tax on it :lol

yurinka said:
a) I can't access July offers.
b) I can access August, Sept etc offers when published.
c) For these offers I can access, I have to download / buy them the month when are published.
d) Once I downloaded / purchased this month, I can download more times later months if I'm still subscribed to PSN+
e) If I didn't downloaded / purchased them the month they were published, I won't be able to download them later months even I'm still subscribed.

yeah, you've got it!

spwolf

yurinka said:

a) I can access offers published from the start of the month I subscribed (August) until I leave the subscription.
b) For these offers I can access, I have to download / buy them the month when are published.
c) Once I downloaded / purchased this month, I can download more times later months if I'm still subscribed to PSN+
d) If I didn't downloaded / purchased them the month they were published, I won't be able to download them later months even I'm still subscribed.
e) So I subscribe in August, I can't access July offers.

if you buy from special offers, you own the content so you can download whenever.

only free stuff you have to download that month and then you can use it as long as you have subscription.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ScrabbleBanshee said:
Absolutely nothing new on plus with the update today? Jeez...

They said plus is biweekly now. Quite a bit of stuff coming next week. And I thought a PS1 game was added yesterday.

By the way, can a mod change this thread's title to some OT variant? Or should we start a new OT?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Konosuke said:
So, it's better to subscribe to US Plus than EU Plus?
No one really knows. The first month seemed that way, but it's just too early to say how the whole thing's going to pan out.

Konosuke said:
So, it's better to subscribe to US Plus than EU Plus?

The US plus is better at the moment but the EU plus team has been utterly spanked by the negativity towards how its all panned out so far and have promised to sort it out.

Konosuke

WTFing said:
The only question is: What PSN games you don't own?
Do some research, then choose.
I just bought my PS3 yesterday, so I don't own nothing yet. I was too late for that LittleBigPlanet deal : |

In that subject, is there a deal for subscribing a year instead of a 3 months right now?

Top Bottom