• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Hasney

So you didn't see all the "Worst month ever" and "Cool, now they give out demos" posts? Lucky you.

I hope Gauntlet is fun alone. Almost impossible to team up with my coop group these days.

Oh no, I saw that. I'm saying that's my only defense for Plus this month.

MMaRsu

Banned
Honestly a terrible terrible month for PS4 owners. A bit of a slap in the face to launch this kind of line up in a december month..

this is for the players? Yeah right :S

I hope that they are saving a big PS4 free game announcement for PSX or something. This month really sucks otherwise.

I'll give Gauntlet a shot because it's co-op though.

JonnyKong

My ps+ sub ends on Dec 4th. Am I right in thinking that if I download King's Quest before then, I won't be able to play it after the 4th? Or will it be on my hard drive for me to keep?

My ps+ sub ends on Dec 4th. Am I right in thinking that if I download King's Quest before then, I won't be able to play it after the 4th? Or will it be on my hard drive for me to keep?

You have to have a active ps+ account in order to play it. If you add it to your ps+ library while your account ia active, you can play it if you reactive your account as some point.

jvm

Gamasutra.
They should make sure the value is good for PS4 only players also. Vita is pretty marginal system, especially today, and PS3 is getting old.
True. And over the entire term of a subscription, the PS4 part is definitely worth it. The flaw in the comments I see routinely here is "this month sucks, letting my sub lapse".

True. And over the entire term of a subscription, the PS4 part is definitely worth it. The flaw in the comments I see routinely here is "this month sucks, letting my sub lapse".

Why is that a flaw? you can resubscribe at any time.
You can buy a single month sub on the changeover day and get 3 months worth of games from it, it's easy to decide wether you want to keep doing that or not.

RK128

For people annoyed by the lack of AAA games landing for PS4 for December, last year we got three extra games for free without the PS+ Subscription.

PS4: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Vita: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
PS3: Mirrors Edge

Maybe we will get that happening again, that way PS4 owners aren't going to be upset with the lack of a retail game not coming to the service.

For people annoyed by the lack of AAA games landing for PS4 for December, last year we got three extra games for free without the PS+ Subscription.

Maybe we will get that happening again, that way PS4 owners aren't going to be upset with the lack of a retail game not coming to the service.

Wasn't that because of the 20th anniversary though?

That was EA's doing though.

Ludens

Banned
People expecting new games for PSX will be disappointed.
That was a single thing hosted by EA mostly because PS users have no access to EA Access.
The line up for December is the one currently released and that's it, another crappy month as usually.

LordOfChaos

Non-thread worthy question I though I'd pop in here, on Xbox 360, games you get on Gold are yours to keep forever and re-download so long as the servers are up even if you don't renew gold. On Xbox One, you only get to keep the games while you have Gold (not sure what happens to games on your hard drive).

Which one of these policies does PS Plus use, or is it different for PS3 to PS4? Which is each then?

Sch1sm

Non-thread worthy question I though I'd pop in here, on Xbox 360, games you get on Gold are yours to keep forever and re-download so long as the servers are up even if you don't renew gold. On Xbox One, you only get to keep the games while you have Gold (not sure what happens to games on your hard drive).

Which one of these policies does PS Plus use, or is it different for PS3 to PS4? Which is each then?

Games on your hard drive stay there, you just can't play them until you resub. This is the case for XBO/PS4/PS3. The games never truly "disappear." On PlayStation, you can always redownload from your transaction history. That being said, games you buy with a plus discount remain forever. Think of Games with Gold and PS+ as a rental service. They're yours as long as you give them money. >>

It's the Xbox One policy. You can only play them as long as you got PS+

Do people WANT an OT3?

This thread isn't really used much between announcements, and the announcements get their own threads anyway so I'm not sure there's a need. Plus there's two threads a month in Gaming about how PS+ is all indie trash these days, so we're covered there too.

Any thoughts?

Do people WANT an OT3?

This thread isn't really used much between announcements, and the announcements get their own threads anyway so I'm not sure there's a need. Plus there's two threads a month in Gaming about how PS+ is all indie trash these days, so we're covered there too.

Any thoughts?

Maybe just a Knack anticipation / appriciation thread then?

PepperedHam

Uh, I'm missing a bunch of PS Plus games from my PS4 library. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? They aren't even in my download history on the web store. For example my PS4 version of Race the Sun has vanished completely despite me playing it and unlocking trophies for it.

EDIT: Just remembered about restoring licenses. This brought all the games I was missing back. Why does this happen?

Do people WANT an OT3?

Any thoughts?

Yes, OT3 please!
I'll just miss the separate threads every month.

Joni

Do people WANT an OT3?

Any thoughts?

It is really easy to follow PlayStation Plus updates if you just have to check one topic each month. You have to actively look for the separate threads, but this one you can just subscribe to.

It is really easy to follow PlayStation Plus updates if you just have to check one topic each month. You have to actively look for the separate threads, but this one you can just subscribe to.

Yep agreed! Would like to have an ot3 even if the games are lacking

Top Bottom