• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

psplusjus1g.jpg

FAQ

What is PS+?
Subscribers get:
  • Instant Game Collection: monthly free games on PS3 and PS Vita
  • Discounts
  • Exclusive and early access to betas and demos
  • 2GB cloud storage for saves
  • Automatic Update:
•Download game patches
•Download the latest system software
•Download recommended games and videos
•Sync trophy information with the server​
  • Free avatars and PS3 themes
  • 60 minute game trials

Cost
3 months $14.99 | €14.99 | £11.99
1 year $49.99 | €49.99 | £39.99

Explanation about game/content ownership:

Free games are full, complete games, with trophies
Your free games won't disappear if your subscription runs out, however you cannot play them anymore. If you subscribe again you get access to ALL your PS+ content!
PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

What is the Instant Game Collection?
This is the collection of free games that you get as a subscriber. The US and EU have different collections. Currently there is 18 free games to download on the US(12 PS3+6 Vita) and 13 on the EU(9 PS3+4Vita).
US collection: http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/
EU collection: http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/?tab=gamecollection
This is how Year 1 of IGC looked like for the US:

Can I access my IGC games when my subscription runs out?
No, you'll have to resubscribe, but REMEMBER: the games you buy with a PS+ discount are yours forever and you can play them without a subscription.

What has been available on PS Plus since it started?

North America

Reddit NA list: http://4x.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fullna
Spreadsheet NA list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Europe

Reddit EU list: http://4x.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fulleu
Spreadsheet EU list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZnEtNkxrSGN1OVA0Q0k5NVcwWkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

I don't have enough HDD space
Put games in your download list to download them later, and buy a bigger hard drive.

I can't download games!
Games need twice their file size to download and install.

How to turn off auto-renew of PS Plus:

Vita: start the store > click "..." bubble > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS3: PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS4: Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.

Can I access the Store on my browser?
Yes, you don't need a PS3 or Vita to claim your stuff: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

PS+ North America
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/29/playstation-plus-februarys-free-games

Video Preview PlayStation Plus Free Games Lineup February 2015
NA/EU same list of games.
February IGC update

Leaving PS Plus:
3rd February: inFamous First Light
3rd February: The Swapper
3rd February: Prototype 2
3rd February: DuckTales Remastered
3rd February: Woah Dave!
3rd February: Duke Nukem: 3D Megaton Edition

Entering PS Plus:
3rd February: Apotheon (PS4)
3rd February: Transistor (PS4)
3rd February: Thief (PS3)
3rd February: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
3rd February: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
3rd February: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

PS+ Europe
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...bruary-transistor-yakuza-4-thief-rogue-legacy

February IGC update

Leaving PS Plus:
4th February: inFamous First Light
4th February: The Swapper
4th February: Prototype 2
4th February: DuckTales Remastered
4th February: Woah Dave!
4th February: Duke Nukem: 3D Megaton Edition

Entering PS Plus:
4th February: Apotheon (PS4)
4th February: Transistor (PS4)
4th February: Thief (PS3)
4th February: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
4th February: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
4th February: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

PlayStation Plus Thread Part 1
Did I miss something important? Suggestions on the OP welcome. Special thanks to jvm, Goldrusher.

I wish Sony allowed game installs to external drives. My original 80GB is running out of space and it would be a lot more convenient since I already have an external drive just sitting here.

Ah I really liked Instant Backlog Collection as the subtitle, but "How do I hold all these games?" is fine too.

Here's to another solid year of Plus. Cheers!

Cizard

I wish Sony allowed game installs to external drives. My original 80GB is running out of space and it would be a lot more convenient since I already have an external drive just sitting here.

USB 2 probably isn't fast enough? If the drive is 2.5" you can use it anyway. (You can use a external 3.5" with a s-ata extension cable as well, might work with e-sata drives?)

Yawnier

Banned
I feel for you guys with smaller hard drives than me, my 320GB hard drive is already filling up very fast after only a month or so of PS+.

neos

2 months in, and there's no way i'll never ever have the time to beat every game P+ delivers.
My backlog will taunt me through eternity when i'm dead.

Celegus

Yeah new thread! $10 for SotC and Batman: AA is really putting a hurt on my backlog right now, in addition to all the free stuff. I also grabbed Flower when it was $1 and haven't tried it yet...

I finally replaced the original HDD in my launch PS3 with a 750 GB unit so now I'm ready for a new year with awesome freebies.

kick51

Banned
I've got something like 2500 items on my download list.

Feel free to crash, games industry. I'm set.

*starts planning out next week's purchases*

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's the console version of a steam backlog for sure.

Also I must say DAMN YOU SCEA for your lack of VITA PS+ freebies!

Clunker

Finished Sleeping Dogs last night - possibly my favorite get from PS+ so far. It's a game that I would have never bought or even rented on my own (I normally dislike open-world games) but since it was free, I tried it and really enjoyed it. Also picked up the Zodiac tournament DLC when it was on sale, partially to support the devs for the core game. Really, really loved it.

My goal this summer is to chew down some of my Plus backlog: Deux Ex will be next, along with Closure and Unfinished Swan (bought on discount).

Mupod

Man, I wish I'd waited a week or so for the PS3 bundle that was on toys r us here in canada, I could've gotten a year of this instead of a month.

On that subject - I'm still using the 30 day trial from the E3 promotion. Once this runs out, I'll be able to use the 30 day code that game with my PS3, right? I've never actually paid for a sub yet.

Drago

Subbed.

and yes, I think the only PS+ game I've finished since joining in April was inFamous 2 :(
Trying to rectify that though. Started Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex recently.

And_Boy

Just for future, I think "PS+" included in thread title (just for searching) will help it from drowning in the sea of already many PS+ threads.

I tried explaining to someone who told me they just got a PS3 that PS+ is a great value blah blah blah.

He said he'll be sticking with GameFly, says he doesn't need PS+.

Still can't figure that one out. Stopped trying after 5 minutes of explaining what is was. Hope he can research it on his own, but knowing him, probably not.

Acnologia

Banned
My first post in NeoGAF and i couldn't be happier than praising the awesomeness of PS+, I have been a subscriber since day 1 and never regretted it in fact i grab a PS+ subscription every time they have an offer and stack them such a great service :)

Greetings to all Gaffers here from Oman, Middle East

ascii42

I tried explaining to someone who told me they just got a PS3 that PS+ is a great value blah blah blah.

He said he'll be sticking with GameFly, says he doesn't need PS+.

Still can't figure that one out. Stopped trying after 5 minutes of explaining what is was. Hope he can research it on his own, but knowing him, probably not.

Each have their benefits. Gamefly lets you pick the games, you get them earlier, but PS+ is much cheaper.

Just brought Mortal Kombat Vita for 5 dollars. Couldn't be happier. The free games might look great but discounts are the real deal. I have seen some insane prices and i can never stop myself to snatch these games at that amazing price. Free stuff is just icing on the cake. My backlog keeps growing thanks to PS+.

The_Monk

So I come home from the beach, check my thread and not only it's locked, but I'm also in the wall of shame regarding posts?!

...I'm okay with this. And I'm happy more fellow GAFfers are enjoying this fine service! Here's to another great thread my awesome GAFfers! Subscribed.

evangd007

You don't, you just watch them accumulate, like so many piles of shame!

Part of the reason I don't jump in. I already have a titanic-sized backlog.

Granted, time spent on games that don't have an "end" also hurts the process of reducing my backlog. *goes back to playing DOTA 2 and League of Legends*

I keep my buying habits under control so I never have an active backlog of new games I have to play, but now I do because of this damn service. Freebies all over my face

Oreoleo

I let my subscription lapse, then the next week they announced Battlefield 3 and I want to resubscribe.

Such is the way of PlayStation Plus.

Ardenyal

I feel for you guys with smaller hard drives than me, my 320GB hard drive is already filling up very fast after only a month or so of PS+.

I've been PS+ sub since day 1. 320gb is not nearly enough :/ big part of the reason why i'm trying to stay away from DD. Retail game downloads take a LOT longer than a walk to the game shop and I can't hold them all on my HDD anyway.

khaaan

So do any 2.5" SATA drives work on the PS3? I only have a 160GB sitting at 17 gigs free. I've been on the lookout for a good deal on a hard drive but then I realized I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Don't think I saw it, but you should make it clear that previously claimed PS+ games will be accessible (on your download list) if your PS+ sub runs out and you resubscribe. At least that worked for me a year and a half ago.

Top Bottom