• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Auctopus

I think PS2 games that were given away would have to be pretty killer, not the hit and miss indie titles we get.

I love indies but sometimes there's some real trash. If they give away trash from over 15 years ago then they'll deservedly be roasted.

Hasney

How do I turn off auto-renew via the browser?

You yell "FUCK INDIE TRASH" into the mic.

Or go to account settings > Wallet and turn off the feature. Just remember it goes back to auto-renew next time you add a payment method.

I'm betting on the following:

Octodad
The Fall
Flower
Cel Damage HD
God of War collection (Vita only)
The Persona 1 remake for PSP

Actually I wrote that as a joke but it'd be better than the last few months.

Ludens

Banned
I'm betting on the following:

Octodad
The Fall
Flower
Cel Damage HD
God of War collection (Vita only)
The Persona 1 remake for PSP

Actually I wrote that as a joke but it'd be better than the last few months.

I dare to say...too good. I would give a try to Persona 1, but GOW games and The Fall are very good.
It won't happen.
Also I think Sony forgot the poll after Grow Home, I know it is una tantum, but we got exactly one poll and nothing else.

I dare to say...too good. I would give a try to Persona 1, but GOW games and The Fall are very good.
It won't happen.
Also I think Sony forgot the poll after Grow Home, I know it is una tantum, but we got exactly one poll and nothing else.

Poll was horrible. I never want to repeat that.

chadskin

With less time for negotiations and all this month, I think they may turn to some of their 1st party content for January. Too bad Knack's on sale, though. :p

This monthly announcement has turned into a monthly slap in the face by Sony whether I look forward to it or not. I literally resent the moment I will sooner or later see what the games are along the inevitable disappointment that follows. Almost as if I'd rather not have anything at all.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Have we ever got announcements on a tuesday? It's almost always a wednesday, otherwise, thursday/friday.

While this is true I think many hoped they would post something today as this will be another short work week with the Holiday.

PS: I get they can set timed blog post releases, but I doubt they drop PS+ info on say New Years Day.

RK128

So... I guess we've nothing today :(

We are likely to get the announced PS+ games either this weekend or sometime during New Years Eve/Day.

Can't be hard to cobble up a video covering the Plus games (they only show the two PS4 games now anyway in the video) and briefly make a list of the other games.

Just got an e-mail from Playstation about the PS4 Playstation Plus games for January:

untitledb4o1d.jpg

The e-mail also included a voucher for a Grim Fandango Theme.
No word on the other games in the e-mail and no post on the blog yet.

Grim Fandango is a great choice, was waiting for it to come to Plus, haven't played it in years. Don't know anything about HW: Rivals.

Hasney

Grim Fandango is utterly fantastic, platinumed it already but it's such a fucking great game. Interested in Hardware because I adore car combat and didn't check the beta, plus there's not enough of those types of games.

Would be a great month if that's the case. Giving people the joy of Grim Fandango <3

Also got that mail. Pretty happy with Grim Fandango Remastered, definitely interested in playing that but not something I'd buy that quickly.

Hasney

But Hardware rivals is already free since it came out ? It's a F2P game ._.

PS+ is getting worse and worse...

No, that's incorrect. From the Blog:

Locked, loaded and engines firing. The lights are green and we&#8217;re good to go. Hardware: Rivals is coming exclusively to PS4 on 5th January for &#8364;20.99

The beta was fairly open and free, but the game has never ever been F2P.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Great month for PS+. Already own Grim Fandango thrice so that really does nothing for me but great that other people get to experience it. It's a great game. True classic. Hardware: Rivals seems like a lot of fun.

Benedict

Just got an e-mail from Playstation about the PS4 Playstation Plus games for January:

untitledb4o1d.jpg

The e-mail also injcluded a voucher for a Grim Fandango Theme.

Grim Fandango is a great coice, was waiting for it to come to Plus. haven't played it in years. Don't know anything about HW: Rivals.

Just bought Grim Fandango on Steam for €2.39.
Might try the refund option...

untitledb4o1d.jpg

The e-mail also injcluded a voucher for a Grim Fandango Theme.

Grim Fandango is a great coice, was waiting for it to come to Plus. haven't played it in years. Don't know anything about HW: Rivals.

Sweet :)

Yeah, sweet... not only I have the original PC CD version of Grim Fandango that I bought when the game originally launched, I also have the PS4 remaster that I bought several months ago.

Edit: well, the game is still a timeless classic and if this gets more people to experience it, that's nice, but it would also be nice if we'd get new releases or games that haven't been on sale recently...

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I purchased Grim Fandango Remastered when it was on a sale. You'll have fun if you like oldschool adventure games, but it's a "lazy remaster" (the bugs from the original weren't fixed and at least one of them can be gamebreaking, the graphics weren't drastically improved and it's best to play it in a 4:3 aspect ratio).

Kind of hilarious how so many people thought Hardware Rivals is a F2P game. It really does look like a shitty F2P game. Other than that, Grim Fandango solely makes up for it. Amazing game, so great month.

Also, this is why I never buy indie games on PSN. You will get them eventually. Here's to Shovel Knight in 2016.

VLiberty

Kind of hilarious how so many people thought Hardware Rivals is a F2P game. It really does look like a shitty F2P game. Other than that, Grim Fandango solely makes up for it. Amazing game, so great month.

Also, this is why I never buy indie games on PSN. You will get them eventually. Here's to Shovel Knight in 2016.

No, it was because there was a free beta on the PSN.

Didn't know that "shitty f2p game-look" is a thing now, nor that this kind look is basically "colorful cel shading". These threads never cease to amaze me, unfortunately not in a good way.

mclem

No word about the PS3/Vita titles yet? It's cutting things a little bit fine, although Christmas makes that make sense.

Top Bottom