• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Really glad Furi was one of this month's freebies. Was going to buy it anyway, just for the soundtrack. You're off the hook for this indie game Sony. I really don't have any interest in Saints Row though.

I have a hunch that Tricky Towers will be one of the PS4 offerings next month. Its release date was moved to early August and promotion is virtually none existent. Moreover, the PlayStation Blog folks were raving about this game a while back.

I can't decide if that looks good or the most awful thing ever."Physics puzzle" games are universally shit and the last thing Tetris needed was physics, but the trailer does look good.

Ludens

Banned
I have a hunch that Tricky Towers will be one of the PS4 offerings next month. Its release date was moved to early August and promotion is virtually none existent. Moreover, the PlayStation Blog folks were raving about this game a while back.

I hope this isn't the PS4 title of August, it looks like a phone game, even worse of the usual line-up.

Yeah, it was serious. I mean, with "phone game" I intend something I would spend 5-10 minutes from time to time, not something I'd play for one hour or so.

So literally in no way is "phone game" even slightly an appropriate definition which makes any logical sense?

Ludens

Banned
So literally in no way is "phone game" even slightly an appropriate definition which makes any logical sense?

Well, I couldn't find a proper definition for it. Kill-time game? How do you call those titles you play just to kill some minutes in and there?
I used "phone game" defition because often those kind of titles suit mobile gaming, that's it. I was not referring to "phone titles" like garbage or what, just a different kind of gameplay.

Hasney

Well, I couldn't find a proper definition for it. Kill-time game? How do you call those titles you play just to kill some minutes in and there?
I used "phone game" defition because often those kind of titles suit mobile gaming, that's it. I was not referring to "phone titles" like garbage or what, just a different kind of gameplay.

Puzzle game by the looks of it. Trust me, just because you'd only spend a quick blast on it, I'd kill for a multiplayer falling blocks puzzle game.

VLiberty

To be fair, I was one of the people complaining. Not my kind of games at all.

It has been much better lately with one AAA game each month. They finally seem to be listening.

I'd be more happy with a full-fledged indie rather than a half assed AAA or a yearly sports game. And we had to sacrifice PS3 and Vita games in order to receive games like Saints Row DLC or NBA...yeah no thanks, I'd much rather go back to last year's offerings, which were great and covered all the systems

I'd take it over most indie games any day, honestly. I know many indie games are great, but most of the choices given by Sony since I got a PS4 in December have been horrible.

Yeah, PS+'s "problem," if it has one, has never been "too many indie games."

It's too many shit indie games.

Alpende

Yeah, PS+'s "problem," if it has one, has never been "too many indie games."

It's too many shit indie games.

Careful now :p

Anyway, I agree with you. The last game I played from PS+ was in August, Stealth Inc 2. After that I couldn't be bothered to play the games they made available via the service.

Yep. Announced too is this review of a south african site.

http://sagamer.co.za/playstation/review-tricky-towers-ps4

"Tricky Towers is free so I guess it’s hard to complain too much, and if you do download it you are guaranteed at least 2 hours of moderate fun. A bit more fun perhaps if you have friends over and turn it into a drinking game (*we take no responsibility for this). The truth is that Tricky Towers is not an overly ambitious project, but it’s hard to hate it because it doesn’t aim to be a AAA game in any shape and form and I suppose at least you aren’t being asked to pay crazy amounts for it. Still, with the basic idea it could have been a lot better still."

Positively glowing.

Catvoca

Banned
Pretty happy with Rebel Galaxy, that game looks cool. I've never played Patapon so I'll probably try that too. Not a bad month!

Top Bottom