• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

NewDust

To those who got Y5 last month with the ps+ listing mistake, apperently the game isn't tied to your subscription anymore (making it free indefinitely)

Also yeah, have had rebel galaxy in my cart so many times with sales, finally holding oof on something pays off.

robotnik

Crap month for me. Yakuza 5 is cool offering, but I never tried this series except psp spin-off (which was really cool!) and don't want to start with 5th installment.

Ludens

Banned
Crap month for me. Yakuza 5 is cool offering, but I never tried this series except psp spin-off (which was really cool!) and don't want to start with 5th installment.

Eh, don't do that. I played all Yakuza games (1-5 and Dead Souls), and Y5 for me was the worse of the franchise, I really pushed myself to finish it, because it was REALLY boring excluding a couple of fights in and there. And this only by playing the main plot.

robotnik

Eh, don't do that. I played all Yakuza games (1-5 and Dead Souls), and Y5 for me was the worse of the franchise, I really pushed myself to finish it, because it was REALLY boring excluding a couple of fights in and there. And this only by playing the main plot.
Thanks, you're confirming my thoughts about not starting it :) I'll try to get into the series with Kiwami.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
A look at the ratings for youtube videos for the PS+ lineup. It's out of order because youtube's search sucks. It's not a downvote fest all the time.
playstation2016-07-27f6s2z.png

Hasney

All that image tells me is that I should continue never using YouTube likes for anything. Just like people who comment on YouTube.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Wow, it's finally happened. They're actually giving away games they've already given away before. Jesus Christ Sony.

Retro Grade is a fantastic game and by far my favourite rhythm game of all time, but seriously, fuck off with this shit. Games should never be repeated on this service.

Toki767

Wow, it's finally happened. They're actually giving away games they've already given away before. Jesus Christ Sony.

Retro Grade is a fantastic game and by far my favourite rhythm game of all time, but seriously, fuck off with this shit. Games should never be repeated on this service.

Pretty sure Retro Grade wasn't given out on PS+ before.

It has been on sale for dirt cheap though.

NHale

Was free on EU.

Maybe now that the games offered are the same in NA and EU, the North America team is in charge of picking games and that's why quality dropped (EU PS+ >>>> US PS+ before the merge) and now we have a repeated game in the EU PS+.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Maybe now that the games offered are the same in NA and EU, the North America team is in charge of picking games and that's why quality dropped (EU PS+ >>>> US PS+ before the merge) and now we have a repeated game in the EU PS+.
Makes sense. America ruining things for the rest of the world as usual.

I'll definitely check out Rebel Galaxy since we don't have Elite Dangerous on the PS4.

No.. no.. don't go in with those expectations. It's not even 3D. Rebel Galaxy, despite being open world galaxy simulator of some sort, is actually only traversable on a 2D plane. You can go back on forth, but not up an down. Enemies do however. But it's a great space simulator nonetheless.

xrnzaaas

No.. no.. don't go in with those expectations. It's not even 3D. Rebel Galaxy, despite being open world galaxy simulator of some sort, is actually only traversable on a 2D plane. You can go back on forth, but not up an down. Enemies do however. But it's a great space simulator nonetheless.

I found that out from one of the videos. :) I've adjusted my expectations and I still plan on downloading the game. Actually I won't mind if the game won't be as demanding as Elite or other proper space sims. :)

Hasney

It's an excellent game yeah. I also watched Giant Bomb play Tricky Towers and that looks damn fun, so a great PS4 month all round by the looks of things, only soured by the fact I have beaten Rogue Galaxy already. Happy others get it though.

Spent a little bit of time with Ultratron and Tricky Towers while Rebel Galaxy is downloading.

Ultratron is a pretty fun twin stick arena shooter. It feels good to clear the screen and it has an upgrade system.

Tricky Towers looks like it has a lot of single player puzzle levels and it also has local and online multiplayer. I played through the first 10 or so puzzle levels and enjoyed it.

For the two smaller games this month I'm pretty happy with them.

Benedict

The Fall is 99 cents for US PS+ members (1.99 regular). Is this game any good?

Played it on PC, it's a wonderful game and one of the best game I played last year.
Waiting for the next part. Don't read the PS blog about the next part, it contains spoilers.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Played it on PC, it's a wonderful game and one of the best game I played last year.
Waiting for the next part. Don't read the PS blog about the next part, it contains spoilers.

oh cool. didn't realize its episodic. thanks for the heads up. luckily i don't read ps blog unless its posted as news heh

Ludens

Banned
Please someone grab this!
It's a DLC code for EU PSN giving you access to all DLCs for Risen 3, it hurts me it's floating in the forum unredeemed :S

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
Risen 3 Titan Lords DLC Collection PSN EU -- MB-BDDE8BB005523469 - Taken by thejason40

LakeEarth

Can't stop playing Tricky Towers online...

It's fucking great! It's kind of like Mario Kart, in the sense that one of those games that you can play perfectly and still lose due to a bad spell / piece combo that hits at the wrong time, so I understand why some people are negative to it. But I fricken love it!

You really have to fight your Tetris logic, as some things that work in Tetris do NOT work in this game due to the whole balance mechanic.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
My sub runs out in 7 days and for the first time I'm considering not resubscribing. I have Rocket League on PC so I have zero reason for online play on PS4, and the games just haven't been worth it for so long. Plus now I have PS Now, which is fucking amazing. Seems like that's all the sub I'll need for the near future. But hey, offer an appealing selection next month and maybe I'll change my mind.

chadskin

Mine's running out in January and I currently don't see myself resubscribing, either.

Sony should really finally allow EA Access on PS4, that'd get me to extend my PS+ membership in a heartbeat, just to be able to play FIFA, Madden and some of their other games online.

illusionary

This may be EU-only, but we have a new addition to August's Instant Game Collection, Tom Clancy's EndWar: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...axy-are-coming-to-playstation-plus-in-august/

----------------------
UPDATE: We would like to apologise for an error that lead to Retro/Grade being offered as one of this month’s free to download games on PS Plus.

We are aware that this title has previously been made available as part of the service in 2012 and had not intended to offer it again. We have now looked into and addressed this issue to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

To rectify this we are pleased to be able to offer an additional title for PS Plus members; Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PS3) from UbiSoft, which is now available to download immediately.

----------------------

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's weird seeing my profile pic without the plus icon next to it. I didn't think this would ever happen. But it's the way it must be. You did this Sony.

I made this post literally minutes before. I found out about the price increase. HAHAHA FUCK YOU SONY. I made the right decision.

TBH I'll probably still end up re-subscribing even though Plus is shit these days. I think over the course of a year I save more than $60 between discounts and the one free game I actually want so it's just about justified.

TBH I'll probably still end up re-subscribing even though Plus is shit these days. I think over the course of a year I save more than $60 between discounts and the one free game I actually want so it's just about justified.

I'm in the same boat, and who knows they might throw us a bone every other month. :)

Top Bottom