• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
As a Canadian the price jump hurts even more. ;_;

Guess starting June of next year, that'll be it for me. Unless I stock up on PS+ cards from eBay or something.

I sure we'll start getting great games again with the price increase guys!

Make PS+ Great Again
:( If only... :(

Javin98

Banned
If Sony were smart, they would put some fairly recent AAA games as Plus titles on PS4 for September to convince everyone that "Hey, look, we're increasing the price, but you're also getting better value!". Even if they do backtrack a few months later and go back to giving indie games for free. Not that it's a bad thing, but you can't argue that AAA games are generally perceived to have better value.

Ludens

Banned
I'm sure Type 0 will be one Plus title before November, maybe this month since XV was supposed to launch on September.
It goes for like 10€ retail, so it sholdn't be a problem.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
We'll probably start getting TLOU, GOW3, Bloodborne soon. They've been selling for sub $15 for months. Problem is, everyone probably already bought them because they were so cheap.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I already own it too, and I kinda agree even if I liked it a bit for some things, but what is the alternative? FFXIII games? :D
You mean to promote FFXV? I'd go with FFX remaster, I am Setsuna (too recent, I know it's not gonna happen), FF7 or FF9 (PS3, PSOne Classics), FFT War of the Lions (PSP/Vita)... all infinitely better choices. Hell I hate FF8 with the fury of a thousand suns and I'd probably prefer that over Type 0 LOL...

Ludens

Banned
You mean to promote FFXV? I'd go with FFX remaster, I am Setsuna (too recent, I know it's not gonna happen), FF7 or FF9 (PS3, PSOne Classics), FFT War of the Lions (PSP/Vita)... all infinitely better choices. Hell I hate FF8 with the fury of a thousand suns and I'd probably prefer that over Type 0 LOL...

Oh, I forgot FFX is on PS4 too. Yeah, maybe they will give that. For the other games you listed, they are too old, I doubt someone would play a PS1 title. Yes, there's the PS4 version of FFVII, but I think that will be given away when VIIR hits.

Oh, I forgot FFX is on PS4 too. Yeah, maybe they will give that. For the other games you listed, they are too old, I doubt someone would play a PS1 title. Yes, there's the PS4 version of FFVII, but I think that will be given away when VIIR hits.
Why the fuck would they give VII away when VIIR comes out? It's a good thing you don't work in games publishing.

Nerix

How many PS+ subscribers have there been on January 1st 2016?

It's a question in a prize game for winning a PSVR on the German playstation site. Any sources/clues?

Hasney

How many PS+ subscribers have there been on January 1st 2016?

It's a question in a prize game for winning a PSVR on the German playstation site. Any sources/clues?

I assume they would have posted about it on the EU Sony blog somewhere?

I think the point of the question is that you're not supposed to be able to find out the exact number. It's a tie-breaker, closest guess wins, right?

Hasney

Looking forward to this. Had fun with the games for the last 3 months.

Hopefully we get more release day games and not old, formerly expensive bargain bin shit I already own.

I imagine someone at Sony is hurriedly scrabbling around looking for games under the carpet or something because they just accidentally put all the nailed-on Future Plus games on sale in NA.

I heard completely out of nowhere made up rumours that there will be AAA games this month.

Nah, just because Sony bumped up the Plus subscription price.

If there was any month to bust out the big guns, this would be it. Even if they have no intention of keeping it up they could use an initial showing of goodwill.

El_Cinefilo

I heard completely out of nowhere made up rumours that there will be AAA games this month.

If there was any month to bust out the big guns, this would be it. Even if they have no intention of keeping it up they could use an initial showing of goodwill.

Just like they did a year after PS4 came out and everyone who got a subscription at launch was about to have theirs run out "Here's Injustice Ultimate edition and Infamous First Light!" then immediately back to lower budget titles.

chadskin

Available to download on 6th September:

Lords of the Fallen, PS4
Journey, PS4, PS3
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, PS3
Datura, PS3
Badland, PS Vita, PS4, PS3
Amnesia: Memories, PS Vita

Hasney

Eh, bit of a downer after a great last month. Guess fans of games that were actually on a store shelf will be happy. Both of those games got discs!

BlitzKeeg

I'm pretty happy since this is a good reason to play Journey for the first time. I heard Lords of the Fallen is pretty mediocre, but it's worth a shot being free. Never played the PoP game either.

Datura seems more like an "experience" than anything else. An experience about a poisonous plant that causes intense delirium if it doesn't kill you apparently. Idk if it's going to be all that engaging without PS Move

Ludens

Banned
My predictions for future months:

-October we'll get Battlefield Hardline or Battlefield 4
-November we'll get Type 0 or FFVII
-December we'll get Resident Evil 4 for PS4.

1er tigre

Wow great month ! Journey is one of the best games of last gen. It truly is an incredible experience.
I already have it but for those who don't, it's a killer month. The best ps+ offer since ages.
Lords of the fallen seems pretty decent so great month overall.

Wow, never played Journey so this is great for me. Lords of the Fallen is worth a shot for free. I don't know anything about Badland but hopefully it surprises.

Another good month. I really don't know what people expect anymore.

doemaaan

So, my PS+ expires this Friday. If I take the wifi off my ps4 before then, will the games still work? and if so, for how long?

Does the system check by calendar date on the ps4? what if I change the date?

So, my PS+ expires this Friday. If I take the wifi off my ps4 before then, will the games still work? and if so, for how long?

Does the system check by calendar date on the ps4? what if I change the date?
Sorry, you can't fool the subscription system by manipulating your PS4.

I could've sworn you had 30 days or so to verify the validity of your ps+ sub.
eh ¯_(ツ)_/¯
It doesn't hurt to give it a try!

The system is most likely designed in the opposite way. Licenses will automatically expire unless you can connect to the PSN and verify that you have an active subscription.

I imagine licenses will be set to expire on a specific date whether you're online or not, and if you manipulate the date on your PS4 then nothing will work unless you go online to re-confirm the licenses.

I doubt it's easy to trick the system.

I'm very late with this, but Rebel Galaxy is a lot of fun. It starts slow but once you get some ship upgrades and the hang of the combat, it's simple but good.

And this game goes great with the Spotify app. Nothing like flying a spaceship with 2112 or Cygnus-X1 playing in the background (the game's ST is good but it gets repetitive after a while).

Ted

I'm very late with this, but Rebel Galaxy is a lot of fun. It starts slow but once you get some ship upgrades and the hang of the combat, it's simple but good.

And this game goes great with the Spotify app. Nothing like flying a spaceship with 2112 or Cygnus-X1 playing in the background (the game's ST is good but it gets repetitive after a while).

I'm also late to this but you're right in everything you say. Good little game, simple for sure but great for those times when you don't really want to think too much and are happy to cruise around with whatever your music of choice may be.

Amazing really that a a two man studio [with a little out sourcing] can produce such a polished little gem. Well done Double Damage games!

Kind of liking Zombi as well from way back in the April PS+ line up, though I'm not far enough into it to really comment. Weirdly, I'm getting Souls-lite vibes from it with the having to get back to where you died to get your kit back elements as well as opening up short cuts back into key areas as you play.

So far so good. Muddy as hell but I kind of dig the subdued, paired back look, it feels like it fits the ethos of the game to a tee.

Top Bottom