• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News PlayStation Plus turns 10 (Free stuff soon)

~Fake

Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

It’s been 10 years since PlayStation Plus was first introduced to the world on June 29, 2010, and we truly want to thank all of you for supporting PS Plus over the past decade. It’s been a memorable journey over the years, bringing gamers together and providing access to compelling content and exclusive discounts for our members.
As PS Plus reaches its tenth anniversary, your games for July are revealed: NBA 2K20, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Erica: http://play.st/2ZdVP8s
We’ll be releasing a free PS4 theme later this week to celebrate 10 years of PS Plus. The theme will be available on PS Store for a limited time, so be on the lookout. For those of you who haven’t tried the online multiplayer benefit for PS Plus, we’ll also be hosting a free online multiplayer weekend starting July 4 at 12:01AM through July 5 at 11:59PM in your local time. (Online multiplayer game sold separately. Requires internet connection and PlayStation Network account.)

Last edited:

Pietanic

Jun 3, 2013
Northern Ireland
Nice! I don’t own any of these. Is Rise of the tomb raider the first from the reboot series? I haven’t played any of these new ones and don’t want to play them out of order.

shubik

Dec 23, 2019
Same, I really wish they'd move to a humble monthly style model where they offer a selection of games and you choose the ones you want.
Would be cool but that's probably way to expensive. All in all I´m rather happy with the service. This is the first month where I had both games so far.

Reactions: Sethbacca

Blood Borne

Oct 30, 2017
Rise is good, for those who didn't play it, give it a go.
I tried, I really did want to like the game, but found it so boring. Even though I also found Uncharted 4 to be boring, I was able to power through due to its characters and story. Rise on the other hand, had nothing going for it. Just my opinion.

Nevertheless, good for people that haven’t played it.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vandole

Aug 11, 2013
Is there going to be something else to celebrate the 10 years? I wouldn't really call this a milestone celebration. This kind of feels like getting socks for your birthday. Or a gift card to one of those small kiosks that sells cell phone holders and bedazzled cups.

EverydayBeast

Aug 18, 2017
Mount Olympus
www.neogaf.com
Gamers took abuse from SONY for 10 years anniversary, gamers shrugged off and accepted having to pay for online, what was SONY thinking charging gamers after years of free online? Answer: They were thinking of challenging Xbox Live and robbing gamers of their hard earned $.

May 26, 2011
whats with the gaming industry's obsession with celebrating "birthdays" every fucking 5 years for EVERYTHING.

expecting itsfuckingnothing.gif and a crappy theme

• LOL
Reactions: Lord Yellow

Sullenshady

Aug 29, 2005
BC
Have 2/3 of those games already, otherwise it would be a strong month. NBA 2K20 is still a great b-ball sim even with the microtransaction garbage.

HogofWar

Neo Member
Jun 11, 2020
Basketball makes golf exciting in comparsion... Come on!

Will definitely try out Tomb Raider though.
To think PS+ is that old, I have "only" had it for roughly 4.5 years but I have discovered so many great smaller games thanks to it. I still play Race the Sun for example, my daughter loves watching it.

PropellerEar

Dec 8, 2018
For 5years PS+ since the beginning without interruption, I got a game stat plaque in a frame sent to me by Sony.

10 years without interruption, and just games this time? 😢

SleepDoctor

Nov 11, 2019
Already have TR but at least I can give 2k a try. Ain't play one since 2k14. Interested in seeing what free stuff we get tho