• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus turns 10 (Free stuff soon)

Fake

It’s been 10 years since PlayStation Plus was first introduced to the world on June 29, 2010, and we truly want to thank all of you for supporting PS Plus over the past decade. It’s been a memorable journey over the years, bringing gamers together and providing access to compelling content and exclusive discounts for our members.

As PS Plus reaches its tenth anniversary, your games for July are revealed: NBA 2K20, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Erica: http://play.st/2ZdVP8s

We’ll be releasing a free PS4 theme later this week to celebrate 10 years of PS Plus. The theme will be available on PS Store for a limited time, so be on the lookout. For those of you who haven’t tried the online multiplayer benefit for PS Plus, we’ll also be hosting a free online multiplayer weekend starting July 4 at 12:01AM through July 5 at 11:59PM in your local time. (Online multiplayer game sold separately. Requires internet connection and PlayStation Network account.)

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
tenor.gif

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Nice! I don’t own any of these. Is Rise of the tomb raider the first from the reboot series? I haven’t played any of these new ones and don’t want to play them out of order.

shubik

Same, I really wish they'd move to a humble monthly style model where they offer a selection of games and you choose the ones you want.
Would be cool but that's probably way to expensive. All in all I´m rather happy with the service. This is the first month where I had both games so far.

Blood Borne

Rise is good, for those who didn't play it, give it a go.
I tried, I really did want to like the game, but found it so boring. Even though I also found Uncharted 4 to be boring, I was able to power through due to its characters and story. Rise on the other hand, had nothing going for it. Just my opinion.

Nevertheless, good for people that haven’t played it.

Vandole

Is there going to be something else to celebrate the 10 years? I wouldn't really call this a milestone celebration. This kind of feels like getting socks for your birthday. Or a gift card to one of those small kiosks that sells cell phone holders and bedazzled cups.

Uses the Sega Font to mark the 10th Anniversary.

I expected some SEGA ports for the Free games.

Why must you mock us Sony and reveal that horrible 2K game that has MTX? :(

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers took abuse from SONY for 10 years anniversary, gamers shrugged off and accepted having to pay for online, what was SONY thinking charging gamers after years of free online? Answer: They were thinking of challenging Xbox Live and robbing gamers of their hard earned $.

wolywood

Have 2/3 of those games already, otherwise it would be a strong month. NBA 2K20 is still a great b-ball sim even with the microtransaction garbage.

Nymphae

Banned
More interested in the theme than the games tbh. Will add RoTR to the library but probably won't play it.

DogofWar

Basketball makes golf exciting in comparsion... Come on!

Will definitely try out Tomb Raider though.
To think PS+ is that old, I have "only" had it for roughly 4.5 years but I have discovered so many great smaller games thanks to it. I still play Race the Sun for example, my daughter loves watching it.

For 5years PS+ since the beginning without interruption, I got a game stat plaque in a frame sent to me by Sony.

10 years without interruption, and just games this time? 😢

Neolombax

Already have Rise of the Tomb Raider, not into sports, disappointed but otherwise its a good month for people who are into NBA and Tomb Raider.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Already have TR but at least I can give 2k a try. Ain't play one since 2k14. Interested in seeing what free stuff we get tho

Top Bottom