• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus update: Sony planning big changes

I didn't understand a thing. TLOU2 this year? What will happen? What are the games they gonan offer after this announcement? The Last of Us 2, Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon Zero Dawn ? They really need to do sth good for PSN Plus after the price increase and all the non satisfying stuff they did before especially if they want to increase the number of its users which are very few compared to the total number of PS4, PS Vitas, PS3 users in the world.

just announce that PS1 classics are back on PS4 and those games we bought on PS3/Vita are valid. I don't want trophies or other nonsense.....it just doesn't make sense i can't play a PS1 classic on the PS4 when my phone can run a PS1 emulator with ease.

ffvorax

Just give free PSVR content on PSPlus and add some new services please.
I'm ok with the price of 50€ for one year, I hope they won't rise it.

Anticol

Banned
I don't expect much tbh. They will probably say ps3 games will stop being part of the ps+ service but they will add 1 psvr game. That's it.

Bergerac

The Daily Express is a toxic shitrag. They can't get any of their political news right, I wouldn't expect them to know anything about gaming.

No fee for online-gaming would be a good start. Just make Plus what it was in the beginning and not mandatory for online-gaming. It was a shit move from Sony.

fersnake

i've been ps plus subscriber since the ps4 release and i love my "free games" but i think i'm getting tired for no real AAA games on my console, the first year? fine but 4 year later? its unacceptable. and the saddest thing is... i spend most of my time playing on my pc :S

ps. i haven't finished bloodborne

thelastword

Banned
You guys need to stop using "the games are terrible" as if it's an irrefutable fact. You are basing this on an opinion, sure, but for all we know their data indicates otherwise.

I mean shit, as long as I'm on this, here's a personal sampling of games released on PsPlus since Jan 2016 (North America):

Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
BroForce
Galak Z
Yakuza 5 <-- bought it at launch but it's a Yakuza game..so shoutouts are a must
Resident Evil Remake
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
LBP 3
Tearaway Unfolded
Tales From Borderlands

Quality will always be subjective, but the narrative that they stopped trying doesn't really hold any water for me. They've even partnered with indies to debut their games on Plus, perhaps hoping to follow in the footsteps of a certain car football game. Furi was another example of this.

If you are going to make the argument that the service no longer satisfies you, that's absolutely fair, but simply stating that the games stopped being good is a nonstarter to the conversation.
Absolutely, I think certain folk want to continue saying that "PS Plus games are bad" in every thread so it sticks a la some echo chamber...

Lets be clear, no other service gives you the quality games PS Plus have. The last few months I played tearaway, persona, abzu, furi, yakuza, lbp3 and tales from borderlands, how is that anywhere close to bad...Are people expecting Sony to give away Horizon, COD IW, UC4, NIOH and Nier on plus? Which other service is offering games of such caliber? It makes no sense to give up your heavy hitters on plus, it's what makes you money....maybe a few years down, but certainly not now..

The question is real though, what games are people talking about that is so good and AAA quality on Live...? From some comments here, it would seem that GWG is just bathing their subs in AAA franchises every month.....

Also, I know lots of us hate indies, because it's not AAA, but I've played so many gems I otherwise would not have played if it was not for plus..Sony has to help these studios too....People forget that these companies are in it to make money though...Could you imagine if Horizon , UC4, TLG was already on PS PLUS, Sony would be in a world of hurt because people would just wait for plus before buying such titles....In what world does $60 dollars a year justify the best games coming that year?

They should make it free to play online games, and have it so ps+ just gives the free games and discounts, that would be good value, also slash the price in half...

tzare

I don't know what they can change that makes sense from both a business side and consumer side.
Maybe drop vita or ps3 support and add more games to ps4?
Or maybe offer monthly big discounts to some AAA games in addition to the free games

NewDust

People hoping for some PS Game Pass are in for a rude awakening. PS3 games aren't compatible, PSNow is not feasible to roll out worldwide, just PS4 library isn't big enough to find a decent amount of games willing to be part of such a service or it will be games that already had been on PS+. It's not going to happen.

But perhaps Sony can finally be pushed to allow EA Access on the Playstation.

Absolutely, I think certain folk want to continue saying that "PS Plus games are bad" in every thread so it sticks a la some echo chamber...

Lets be clear, no other service gives you the quality games PS Plus have. The last few months I played tearaway, persona, abzu, furi, yakuza, lbp3 and tales from borderlands, how is that anywhere close to bad...Are people expecting Sony to give away Horizon, COD IW, UC4, NIOH and Nier on plus? Which other service is offering games of such caliber? It makes no sense to give up your heavy hitters on plus, it's what makes you money....maybe a few years down, but certainly not now..

The question is real though, what games are people talking about that is so good and AAA quality on Live...? From some comments here, it would seem that GWG is just bathing their subs in AAA franchises every month.....

Also, I know lots of us hate indies, because it's not AAA, but I've played so many gems I otherwise would not have played if it was not for plus..Sony has to help these studios too....People forget that these companies are in it to make money though...Could you imagine if Horizon , UC4, TLG was already on PS PLUS, Sony would be in a world of hurt because people would just wait for plus before buying such titles....In what world does $60 dollars a year justify the best games coming that year?

If we still had the good old PS Plus, we could get some of these:
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Human Revolution went on Plus 9 months after release and wasn't a commercial failure like MD)
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate (AC3 went on Plus 10 months after release)
- Far Cry 4 or Primal (Far Cry 3 went on Plus 11 months after release)
- Mortal Kombat X (maybe not yet but soon - Mortal Kombat went on Plus a bit over 1.5 years after release)

Sony also had Uncharted 3 on Plus 1.5 years after release - although only the single player portion but that's the more important half for most players. Many would be expecting Bloodborne to make it soon. Mass Effect 3 also went on Plus one year from release, and Need for Speed Most Wanted also went on Plus 8 months after release - but now that EA has their own EA/Origin Access on X1 and PC this is a bit more uncertain.

There's huge amounts of bigger budget games that have gone on Plus less than two years from release. This no longer happens. It's an undeniable fact that Plus is a ton more shitty than before, and it's all thanks to the multiplayer paywall. Plus is not a game service any more, it's a mandatory extra payment to unlock online features in your games you bought.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
People hoping for some PS Game Pass are in for a rude awakening. PS3 games aren't compatible, PSNow is not feasible to roll out worldwide, just PS4 library isn't big enough to find a decent amount of games willing to be part of such a service or it will be games that already had been on PS+. It's not going to happen.

But perhaps Sony can finally be pushed to allow EA Access on the Playstation.

Yea I was gonna post if they make PS Now have downloadable games they're already there..but forgot about this.

ViviOggi

Humble Monthly

You even get to keep the games

El Topo

Because it'd be a huge headache. You can't just give a chunk of players PS Now and exclude others based on their region. They occasionally have that issue with certain games in the PS Plus lineup, but those are exceptions and always remedied by offering replacement games. Having to come up with alternatives to PS Now every month would be chaos. Give them extra games instead of PS Now? Then the people who don't care about PS Now would complain that they're getting less games.

Yup. PS Now hasn't even launched in many regions. It would be a mess.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Playstation Plus Plus

Playstation Pro Plus

s785573692229757114_p69_i1_w500.jpeg

Slayven

They should add the ability to download PSNow games instead of streaming them, and bundle it Plus, I would pay 15 a month for that

Top Bottom