• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Saudi Arabia - "Ready For October"

2u5xhlcjpg.gif

rjinaz

lol. makes you wonder what was he thinking when he posted that comment. trolling ? lol

It's a generalization of the Middle Eastern people, which unfortunately is a mistake made by many Americans.

Edit: Though to be fair, genralizations are not limited to Americans. People make broad generalizations of Americans all the time.

Are women allowed to play games in SA?

No. When you turn on a games console in KSA, there's a voice identification process. It uses specific decibel levels to distinguish between genders. Women have tried to game the system by going with a deeper voice, but Xbox One's Kinect should fix all that.

I've honestly never seen or heard of the gaming industry in Saudi Arabia.

It's certainly not a huge portion of worldwide unit sales. Why is everyone getting so defensive? I really didn't think they had retail stores selling PS3s in Saudi Arabia.

Now I know.

Assume the worst.

i might be wrong but I think Saudi Arabia made their first video game ever last year (and you may have heard abot it): it's unearthed

yeah, i know what you'll say and I agree with you but Sony is OK with that (it's on PSN - well all platforms including facebook).

In the description:

وش توقعاتكم يكون؟

مساعده: الفيديو لا يتعلّق بموعد اطلاق بلايستيشن 4

something really exiting is coming this October!
what do you think it is?

tip : it is not about the PS4 release date

In the description:

وش توقعاتكم يكون؟

مساعده: الفيديو لا يتعلّق بموعد اطلاق بلايستيشن 4

something really exiting is coming this October!
what do you think it is?

tip : it is not about the PS4 release date

the ps4 release date isn't exciting. TLG is.

....مالت عليكم ونستوني

Launch is November bros, come on.

LAA

In the description:

Arghhh noooo...
I just came to realise... what if it releases in December...
I'll be so crushed if that happens, (Not because Xbox One releases before that), simply because... I dont know if I can make it that long!

This could also mean... earlier than October... :O
...My hopes arent on it tbh, but you never know!

Or they're simply saying that they're not saying its october...

If Sony manage to launch it on october or earlier though..., I just want to imagine the reaction across the world, ha ha.

lol. makes you wonder what was he thinking when he posted that comment. trolling ? lol

Probably due to other restrictions on women in Saudi Arabia (i.e. driving, lack of suffrage (though with the absolute monarchy, does it really matter. but I think that one's changing). Although I'm surprised he would think household activities like that would be regulated just because of public restrictions.

L.O.R.D

My two cents; probably just a gaming event in october in Saudi Arabia, that's what the logo at the end is probably for.

that...
its called "Gamer Day"
last year SONY was responsible for that event..ant it was nightmare
every one was invited
even the non gamer start to enter and troll every one :"how old are you?" and "you should be shamed of your self, you are grown man and playing video games ?"

and kids...kids everywhere

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
that...
its called "Gamer Day"
last year SONY was responsible for that event..ant it was nightmare
every one was invited
even the non gamer start to enter and troll every one :"how old are you?" and "you should be shamed of your self, you are grown man and playing video games ?"

and kids...kids everywhere

Might as well link to the video: Gamer's Day 2012

I'm told this year will be much different.

Naar

This interview was shot last year when Justin Wong, Filipino Champ, and Ryan Hart came to Kuwait Battle Royale and this is the part where they talk about Kuwait and their expectations.

http://youtu.be/KJnWTy4ftd8?t=6m23s

The video was basically done to inform people about the community and gaming culture in the Middle East.

You guys realize that there is about 200 million young Arab adults? The gaming market is HUGE!!

Almost every house has a PS3 + CoD and/or PES

ASIS

....مالت عليكم ونستوني

Launch is November bros, come on.

:( ارجوك خلنا بلانجليزي هنا، بس تراني متفق معاك

farisr

The full trailer is out. Confirmed to be Gamer's Day (which takes place in october), but there is a date near the end 11-12-13 and a sentence above it in arabic. I can't understand arabic so I have no idea what it says. That can't be the launch date for the ps4 can it? Also, forgot, what is the date writing system there. Would that be November 12, 2013, or 11th December, 2013?

Saudi Arabia Gamers Day 2013 Trailer

SilentFlyer

The full trailer is out. Confirmed to be Gamer's Day (which takes place in october), but there is a date near the end 11-12-13 and a sentence above it in arabic. I can't understand arabic so I have no idea what it says. That can't be the launch date for the ps4 can it? Also, forgot, what is the date writing system there. Would that be November 12, 2013, or 11th December, 2013?

Saudi Arabia Gamers Day 2013 Trailer

Long line says about the Gamer day being the biggest event in Kingdom and after that it says get Hands-on 11, 12 and 13 of October. So it's not release date. Because it is no way possible that PS4 launches before US or UK.

The site is up as well - http://gamersday.com/eng-web/index1.html

Despera

Banned
معليش غاف بس... واحد صفر هع

It's just an ad for the Gamers' Day event in SA.

Top Bottom