• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Says God of War: Ragnarok Is Not the Sequel's Official Title

I’m sorry but, kratos killed a doctor Balder to save Atreus Balder’s mom, so the doctor’s son Balder’s mom will cross all of Europe Midgard for revange.

Is Atreus destined to kill Kratos?

Panel.jpg

Fathers killing sons is a reoccurring theme in God of War. There's a side mission involving a bandit stabbed in the back by his own child, which Atreus fixates on a lot (he can't understand how anyone could do that to their own father). Kratos later admits he killed his own father Zeus. Atreus shoots Kratos after he destroys the first gateway to Jotunheim so he's capable of rage-based impulsiveness. In the end of the game, Atreus wonders if gods are destined to kill their own fathers as he witnesses Balder try to kill his his mother. In the first game, Kratos went all Abby on Zeus.

4P_7VY.gif

Joel comes in and kills Abby’s father to save unconscious Ellie in bed. Abby angry. Cycle of Violence!
9c0a224096ae1b0ab829d0597805d32e.gif

Loki comes in and kills own father to save stepfather unconscious in bed. Thor angry. Cycle of Violence!
main-qimg-c2e670737347e900bc083330a795fcef

Kratos kills Ares, cause Ares tricked Kratos into killing his daughter, Ares’ dad tries to kill Kratos cause he’s afraid Kratos will kill him, cause he killed his dad, Kratos kills Zeus for trying to kill him, Zeus is Kratos’ dad. Kratos turns into Joel(Soft and old), tries to help Freya by stopping her son from killing her by killing him. Freya vows revenge! Kratos lets her go. Cycle of REVENGE.
1d6.gif

Same.
I am aware that Loki is gender fluid, and I won't mind if they do something with that. Was a poke at Druckman making the character go full female empowerment/nagging politics angle if he was in charge.

Oh I understand. Like if Neil Druckman takes over a Ms.Doubtfire remake, Ranma 1/2 video game and gives them a sex change. Yuck. That silly Neil.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Good news: Neil Druckmann isn't involve with Gow.

Is Atreus destined to kill Kratos?

missing-image.svg

Fathers killing sons is a reoccurring theme in God of War. There's a side mission involving a bandit stabbed in the back by his own child, which Atreus fixates on a lot (he can't understand how anyone could do that to their own father). Kratos later admits he killed his own father Zeus. Atreus shoots Kratos after he destroys the first gateway to Jotunheim so he's capable of rage-based impulsiveness. In the end of the game, Atreus wonders if gods are destined to kill their own fathers as he witnesses Balder try to kill his his mother. In the first game, Kratos went all Abby on Zeus.

4P_7VY.gif

Joel comes in and kills Abby’s father to save unconscious . Abby angry. Cycle of Violence!
9c0a224096ae1b0ab829d0597805d32e.gif

Loki comes in and kills own father to save stepfather unconscious in bed. Thor angry. Cycle of Violence!
main-qimg-c2e670737347e900bc083330a795fcef

Kratos kills Ares, cause Ares tricked Kratos into killing his daughter, Ares’ dad tries to kill Kratos cause he’s afraid Kratos will kill him, cause he killed his dad, Kratos kills Zeus for trying to kill him, Zeus is Kratos’ dad. Kratos turns into Joel(Soft and old), tries to help Freya by stopping her son from killing her by killing him. Freya vows revenge! Kratos lets her go. Cycle of REVENGE.
1d6.gif

Same.

Oh I understand. Like if Neil Druckman takes over a Ms.Doubtfire remake, Ranma 1/2 video game and gives them a sex change. Yuck. That silly Neil.

Omg you are right! I’m not even joking!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
God of War: War of the Gods

MagnesG

Banned
They need to go woke the second time around, it's basically an approved recipe for success.

Maybe fighting transitioning trans-Norse gods next with Atreus "coming out" to the other side.

Zones

I heard because Sony was creatively bankrupt, Nintendo decided to lend a hand out of their own generosity and help them find a creative and original title. And that title is...

Super God of War

And the follow-up is said to be even more creative as it will be called...

New Super God of War

Numenorean

I think that there would be many more games with Kratos in the Norse Mythology. I mean
Kratos hardly touched the surface of the Norse Mythology, the only "main" god he killed was Baldur
in contrast with GOW in Greek Mythology which every god and demigod was killed

GeorgPrime

Banned

Mere days ago, it looked as though PlayStation had finally confirmed that God of War: Ragnarok would indeed be the official title of the upcoming PlayStation 5 installment in the series. However, the manner in which this name was shown publicly turned out to be an error which those at Sony quickly rectified. Now, the publisher has officially responded to the situation and has made clear that the next God of War title still doesn't have a finalized name that it's willing to reveal just yet.

In a statement given to IGN, a representative from Sony confirmed that God of War: Ragnarok isn't the name of the next installment in the series. While this title is seemingly one that could still end up being official in the future, the spokesperson said that it's one that isn't final. "The name and logo for our upcoming God of War game are not yet final," said the message from PlayStation. "An incorrect logo was mistakenly used in our Investor Relations presentation. We can't wait to share more and apologize for any confusion."

God of War 2: Grow the fuck up boy!

Yoboman

so they didnt even have a title and tried to make people think its coming out this year 😆
I think thats just Cory being how he is. He didn't have a name for Atreus for years of development. Part of why he is just called boy so much

TidusYuna

I just hope we can use the Mjollnir and Gungnir at some point. Its a God of War tradition not to let weapons go to waste.

Last edited:

edharia

Neo Member
A new trend of not revealing new video games' names. TES6, The Legend of Zelda: BotW sequel and this.

yurinka

Do you not know who loki is?
loki-child-who-is-both.png

Loki turned into a mare to get fucked by a stallion. Then gave birth to Sleipnir.
God of Trans: Stallionfucker. Atreus kills Kratros with Thor's hammer, goes trans and furry and starts to be sexually attracted by animals.

Cory said the next game got influenced by TLOU2, so it wouldn't surprise me. Let's hope they don't fuck another big Sony IP. C'mon Cory, please don't kill Kratos.

A new trend of not revealing new video games' names. TES6, The Legend of Zelda: BotW sequel and this.
BotW and GoWR will be released next year. TES6 pretty likely won't be released this gen, so they have time to think about the name.

Last edited:
It's because Kratos gets killed off, in the first hour and you have to play as some blue haired unattractive lesbian disabled demigod as "it's her turn now". Then it switches to "the boy" and it's a revenge tale where at the end the boy finds and the demigod become friends and spit on kratos grave. Then "the boy", switches genders and they walk off into the distance cursing kratos as he was the embodiment of "toxic masculinity".
- the end

A Neil Driuckman, Rian Johnson, Kevin Smith, story collaboration.

The game goes on to score massive media acclaim for being so "stunning and brave"
Meanwhile fans rate the game low and feel like it was a bait and switch.

Countless articles come out from journos about how gamers and fans are all sexist mysoginist and how they need to hire brave people to fight back against angry gamers who are trying to gate keep the industry. Gamers are over their time is gone. It's our turn now...

Yada yada yada, rinse repeat. I heard this story before. I sure hope I'm wrong

So this game was originally meant to come out this year but they never even announced the official title.

Sony really should admit this game was never going to come out when they said it would.

Topher

Gold Member
So this game was originally meant to come out this year but they never even announced the official title.

Sony really should admit this game was never going to come out when they said it would.

The official title reveal was obviously pushed back along with the release date. I don't think that is any indication of anything. But I do think Sony was being unrealistically optimistic announcing a 2021 release.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In specific terms, Sony has finally begun filing a trademark for the title God of War Ragnarok, securing the name for use solely by the publisher in the US and Canada. Interestingly, this filing is very recent, only having taken place in mid-September, 2021, not long after God of War Ragnarok's official announcement at the PlayStation Showcase. This implies that Sony had been somewhat risking the state of the trademark in an effort to keep the official title under wraps, even after the teaser trailer from 2020.

At the time of this writing, the trademark isn't even fully processed, as it awaits further examination before legally confirming the title God of War Ragnarok to Sony. It may take up to six months for the filing to finish processing, which would fall in line with the 2022 release date expected from Sony and Santa Monica Studio. That doesn't necessarily mean that Sony will wait on launch for the completion of the trademark process, though it does likely mean the whole filing will be ready when the game is finished anyway.

Yoboman

I reckon they had something else lined up but the fanbase and journalists seemed to have named it themselves. So much press around GOW Ragnarok it just ended up making sense to use that as the name

Kind of a weird one

Top Bottom