• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase Officially Announced for Next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Ifto

I think we have to think about the running time. This looks like nearly 2 hours worth of content. There's a lot here I don't think we'll see, such as GT8. That one is weird.
They are just possible things that could be shown, not that they will be shown

Lord Jimmy about to smack the dog shit out of everyone, I promise you this is what we PlayStation faithful have been waiting for, the goods will be delivered 👌

Fredrik

Look at this guy. What is he doing? Is he jumping teams?
Maybe he’s turning normal and is excited for new stuff on multiple platforms?

The fanboy bubble thing among adults is weird. If you’re young and your parents only allow you to have one platform, then fine, but if you have a beard like that you should be old enough to not willingly limit your fun in a hobby you love.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Maybe he’s turning normal and is excited for new stuff on multiple platforms?

The fanboy bubble thing among adults is weird. If you’re young and your parents only allow you to have one platform, then fine, but if you have a beard like that you should be old enough to not willingly limit your fun in a hobby you love.

You hope you are right. And if the show is good, I'll be pleased to see he admit.

Vick

I need my good dose of single player goodness for years to come.. please deliver Sony.

oprah-inhale.gif

Fainting material:

- Dino Crisis Remake by Mikami.
- Silent Hills by Kojima e Del Toro and Reedus protagonist, P.T. unlocked on PS5.
- New Uncharted by a studio caring of this franchise; A Thief's End mechanics, young Drake as protagonist, Sully, Eddie and Rika as companions.

lil-jon-alive.gif

DosGamer

Keep hearing people talking about a horizon zero dawn remake. Lord, I hope not. I'm all for remakes, but it helps if the game has been out for a while. Remaking a game from a couple of years ago seems soooo silly, lazy and lacking thought.

Camreezie

Wishlist:

Next Bioshock announcement
Spiderman 2 Blowout and release date
MGS announcement or remake
Killzone or Resistance announcement
New Sony Bend game reveal
GTA VI reveal
New Naughty Dog reveal or announcement that isnt Factions
James Bond by IO Interactive reveal

A couple of those and i'd be happy

Last edited:

LordCBH

Pre-writes ? as in announcement news articles? does that mean he (and assuming other gaming websites) already know which games will be there ?

I’m assuming they have stuff prepared for the most likely announcements, stuff prepared for possible announcements, and some wild cards. That’s my best guess anyway.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Pre-writes ? as in announcement news articles? does that mean he (and assuming other gaming websites) already know which games will be there ?

It isn't too difficult. Take a look at most announcement articles and they are very fluffy and borderline nothing that they can just add in a few titles, a quickly grabbed screenshot, and post it online instantly.

[Title] Announced

[Studio]'s [Title] was announced today at Playstation Showcase today! Sequel to the hit game [Title], it will launch in [Date]. The story is set around the continuing adventures of [characters] and numerous gameplay changes seemingly have been made to create a more visceral experience.

Etc. Just repeat that crap over and over again and you have most announcement articles.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Theres probably already been information shared with websites on the majority of the show that is under NDA...then Sony are gonna smash out some big time surprises.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Ah.

So basically it's like that guy who made dozens of private tweets before a Nintendo event and then after it just un-privated the relevant ones to come off like a genuine insider.
My guess is there are a lot of games we are 99% will make an appearance here and he probably has most of that stuff written up just waiting to plug in dates

I think the most interesting thing about this showcase is what they choose not to show. They’ve got tons being worked on and tons of XDev games on the go.

I’m not all that interested in PSVR2, so the 40 or minutes or so of PS5 content has gotta be ace.

Stafford

Wishlist:

Next Bioshock announcement
Spiderman 2 Blowout and release date
MGS announcement or remake
Killzone or Resistance announcement
New Sony Bend game reveal
GTA VI reveal
New Naughty Dog reveal or announcement that isnt Factions
James Bond by IO Interactive reveal

A couple of those and i'd be happy

GTA obviously isn't happening. They've never done that. Rockstar does their own thing, they update their website with a logo and it goes from there.

LoveCake

Okay for the showcase I think there will be the following;
Spiderman 2 plus some sort of VR2 DLC
Astro Bot VR2
Killzone game as a service (with Bungie maybe)
Killzone story game with some sort of VR2 mode
new Infamous game
Wolverine game
Silent Hill 2 remake plus VR2
Metal Gear Solid 3 remake
Horizon online game
new Bungie IP MMRPG
Bend announcement
Bluepoint announcement
Naughty Dog announcement VR2 game
new Kojima game
new FromSoftware exclusive
Shadow of the Colossus remake maybe VR2
Santa Monica new IP announced

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Damn I didn't know the few PS5 exclusive games we have were running 4k 120fps but can't wait to play SM2 like that

Name one game that is taking full advantage of the PS5 and stop with the smartass comments. Every single game we have had, just like with any generation before, hasn't taken advantage of the platform and instead either barely scratch the surface or are multi-gen releases. This isn't a complicated or controversial thing to say - this is simply reality.

schaft0620

Nah when we cover events you pre-write things like SM2, MGS3, LOU2MP etc etc and fill in gaps as the trailer goes live

Name one game that is taking full advantage of the PS5 and stop with the smartass comments. Every single game we have had, just like with any generation before, hasn't taken advantage of the platform and instead either barely scratch the surface or are multi-gen releases. This isn't a complicated or controversial thing to say - this is simply reality.

It is controversial to say a Pro is useless

It would likely double the resolution or Framerate which is what many people want out of a Pro, regardless of whether any game takes full advantage of ps5

DosGamer

I am a sucker for new hardware, but I think its way too early for a ps5 pro. Seriously, what would be the point?

If companies are going to continue this model then eventually I see PC gaming taking over. Sony has done way more then gen than Microsoft, yet it still feels like not enough to warrant an new console.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I am a sucker for new hardware, but I think its way too early for a ps5 pro. Seriously, what would be the point?

If companies are going to continue this model then eventually I see PC gaming taking over. Sony has done way more then gen than Microsoft, yet it still feels like not enough to warrant an new console.

Covid....

Kacho

It is controversial to say a Pro is useless

It would likely double the resolution or Framerate which is what many people want out of a Pro, regardless of whether any game takes full advantage of ps5
Nailed it. It's always bizarre to see enthusiasts dismiss Pro consoles. We are the audience that care about resolution and framerate. Base consoles are already showing their limits with games like Plague Tale: Requiem.

Nailed it. It's always bizarre to see enthusiasts dismiss Pro consoles. We are the audience that care about resolution and framerate. Base consoles are already showing their limits with games like Plague Tale: Requiem.

Should be able to get close to 4K60 with a Pro which is a big step up in clarity from 1440p60 that we usually get now

DosGamer

Really would love a Devil Inside shadow drop. That would be soooo on point.
I like it when they drop stuff nobody was expecting. The spoilers and leaks always suck some of the fun out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom