• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 01/28/10 – Thexder Neo | Hustle Kings (US)

Steroyd

BobTheFork said:
I'm sorry, but WHAT?!?!

I didn't hear about this. You pay real money (even .25) to use chalk in the game, and it gets used up? How important is chalk? It sounds really crappy.

Never bought the chalk myself, but it helps you make complex shots for various situations, one type of chalk allows you to do long shots if the aim has been set to short, and another helps with ball spin, and then there's one that has the properties of both.

Didn't know the chalk you buy in the PSN store had limited use, was going to spend my spare pennies trying one of them out. :|

Chalk helps prevent mis-cuing, but I believe that you get reduced points for shots made after using chalk. The game comes with basic chalk that can be used unlimited times (simply by shaking the sixaxis), but you can apparently buy "premium" chalk that makes certain types of shot easier but is limited in supply. I'm loving the game and haven't bought any of these special chalks, so that can't be particularly important.

Sorry for the lack of an avatar. This is my first post, I'm still getting my account together :p

EDIT: Added avatar. You never get over your first love... :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BTW, Toki HD confirmed for the PSN right? :p

Rlan

I don't think I mentioned it last week, but we did a December 2009 Sales Analysis on the Playstation Network!

psnnewreleaseddec09.png

psnnovdec.png

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2010/01/indepth_playstation_network_sa_2.php

Any feedback would be great :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Rlan said:

Awesome job.
How much did FFVII and FFVIII sell? :p

C-Jo

What the hell? I didn't know there was a HD version of Thexder Neo coming. Super glad I didn't pick up the PSP version last week now.

I don't understand why you all want these PS1 games, I have all the ones worth owning from the store on disc. Dont most PS3's play PS1 discs? Maybe it's just me that prefers tangible objects over a line of code saying I own it.

BaZZaa

Neo Member
Terrordactyl said:
I don't understand why you all want these PS1 games, I have all the ones worth owning from the store on disc. Dont most PS3's play PS1 discs? Maybe it's just me that prefers tangible objects over a line of code saying I own it.

psp go!!!

Terrordactyl said:

What a douche

androvsky

Terrordactyl said:

The only copies of Suikoden II I've seen are about $100. Also, PSPs. Even modded ones, since I don't think FF8 was playable before it was added to the store.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Terrordactyl said:
All PS3s do, but they look uniformly godafwul on HDTV as the PS3 just upscales them instead of re-rendering like emulators do. On the small PSP screen they look very nice on the other hand.

Rlan said:
I don't think I mentioned it last week, but we did a December 2009 Sales Analysis on the Playstation Network!

psnnewreleaseddec09.png

psnnovdec.png

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2010/01/indepth_playstation_network_sa_2.php

Are those numbers real or are they like ioi's?

Also is there anyway I can set up my own folders on the XMB? For example I wanna set up my music folders by artists so I would write down each artist's name so that he/she would have their own folder. Is that possible yet?

Lord Error said:
All PS3s do, but they look uniformly godafwul on HDTV as the PS3 just upscales them instead of re-rendering like emulators do. On the small PSP screen they look very nice on the other hand.
Ok that's a fair reason, I suppose I could see psp go owners needing them too. This explains why Vagrant story looked so much worse than I rememberd when I played it a few months ago.

AranhaHunter said:

Also is there anyway I can set up my own folders on the XMB? For example I wanna set up my music folders by artists so I would write down each artist's name so that he/she would have their own folder. Is that possible yet?

Yes hit triange and edit Album Option but you have to do it for every track/song.

Chris R

Hustle Kings is going to have a demo right? I tried out Inferno Pool and it was a steaming pile. I like playing pool for real, but not enough to just drop 10$+ on any PSN game I haven't had a chance to play in a demo.

Majine

Banned
rhfb said:
Hustle Kings is going to have a demo right? I tried out Inferno Pool and it was a steaming pile. I like playing pool for real, but not enough to just drop 10$+ on any PSN game I haven't had a chance to play in a demo.
I don't think Hustle Kings on european store has a demo, so wouldn't bet on it. Would be great tho, I'm still on the fence.

Rlan

AranhaHunter said:

These are straight Leaderboard numbers with no alterations.

Relentless has revealed to Eurogamer that the next episode in the Blue Toad Murder Files series for PlayStation Network will be free.

Episode 3 will be released on 25th February and cost nothing to download until 25th March. You'll need Episode 1 installed in order to play, and that can be bought with Episode 2 in a double-pack for £9.99.

Relentless also announced that the final three episodes, instalments four to six, will be released on 8th April. That triple-pack costs £9.99.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/next-blue-toad-episode-will-be-free

CozMick

Banned
Majine said:
I don't think Hustle Kings on european store has a demo, so wouldn't bet on it. Would be great tho, I'm still on the fence.

Do not hesitate in buying Hustle Kings!

It IS the best pool game I've ever played.

Any questions about it? ask away :D

And those sales numbers for it in December are crazy, Europe only, Wow!

klee123

Thexder Neo and demo is up on JPN store.

Gave it a whirl for 10 minutes and it seems to be like the PSP version, but in HD. Not that I'm complaining or anything :D

Still amazed that this game is by S-E, considering how shitty their PSN support outside of PSone titles has been.

vercity82

UK store is up now!!!!

what i remember seeing Uncharted 2 demo the DLC £3.99 Thexder Neo DEMO AND FULL GAME £6.29 Polar Panic £7.99 plus usual ROCKBAND and GUITAR HERO 5 updates also ASSASSINS CREED 2 DLC.

anybody seen Thexder Neo trophies yet?

number1jagsfan said:
Well thats a fairly sensible move, the games are ridiculously overpriced for what you get.

Thought the first 2 episodes were pretty terrible, but will at least get this since its free.

It's both sensible and yet idiotic. Because, surely the most sensible one to release for free is the first? This is just a bonus for people who own the first two already. Release the first for free, let me try it, I might like it enough to buy the rest. Surely?

Okay update? You guys are talking PS3-wise right?

The Media Go store has Mytran Wars, ATV Untamed, LBP DLC, Free Gran Turismo cars and Pinball Heroes.

Not exactly what I'd call a stellar update..

Top Bottom