• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 05/22/08

Tntnnbltn

btutterrow said:
Well, I don't have a PS3, but I may be willing to download that soundtrack from the PC store if they make it available. Heard good things about the game and the soundtrack.
There's a sample on the PlayStation Blog of the soundtrack if you haven't heard it before. (Link)

Oneself

What if there is a PSone game added to the NA store today?

:lol :lol

Sorry, I kid, I kid... I know it's not possible.

At least I'll have something to buy thanks to the Pixel Junk Monsters OST.

Rlan

So according to different sources - Commando 3 may be coming out next week (It was on an official Xbox.com newsletter) but also a leaked Excel sheet mentioned that Wipeout might also be coming out?

Doesn't sound right...

Baha

Hmm even though PJM is the first soundtrack available on PSN, it's not the 1st piece of music available it seems, on the PC store anyway. There's a free loco roco track on the PC store.

I hope Sony puts more soundtracks up and maybe even music as long as they don't DRM it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rlan said:
So according to different sources - Commando 3 may be coming out next week (It was on an official Xbox.com newsletter) but also a leaked Excel sheet mentioned that Wipeout might also be coming out?

Doesn't sound right...

Personally I am wondering what happened to Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jvm said:
Aren't the people who bought the game precisely the people who would buy the soundtrack?
I'm sure they are, but should they have to?

dallow_bg said:
It's like saying you should get the soundtrack to a movie free for buying the movie.
It's not the same. Within a movie, the soundtrack is typically only excerpted. You (generally) never hear each musical piece produced for the movie in full. So you can't really say that you own the complete soundtrack of the movie by owning the movie itself.

Meanwhile, you can say that for a game. The full assets are there for the music tracks produced/included with the game. They just aren't presented in a freely usable format. I don't personally feel that people should have to pay for the ability to simply unlock the availability of those tracks if they've already paid for them in buying the game.

Oneself

Rlan said:

Doesn't sound right...

One good game would be enough for me. I want to use my credit card Sony.

Baha

kaching said:

It's not the same. Within a movie, the soundtrack is typically only excerpted. You (generally) never hear each musical piece produced for the movie in full. So you can't really say that you own the complete soundtrack of the movie by owning the movie itself.

Meanwhile, you can say that for a game. The full assets are there for the music tracks produced/included with the game. They just aren't presented in a freely usable format. I don't personally feel that people should have to pay for the ability to simply unlock the availability of those tracks if they've already paid for them in buying the game.

You could argue that for any game but they still sell the soundtrack separately. At the very least they made it available after fans of the game requested it. The pricepoint alone makes it very affordable too.

tha_con

Banned
Guys, I just watched Iron Man last night for the second time, and I really wish they wouldn't try to milk me for more money with the Soundtrack...I wish there was some way they could give it out for free to those of us who already paid for tickets.

1882_Three_Dollar_Gold_Rev.jpg

Good update EU, hopefully SCEE keeps it up for you guys!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I hope they release the Uncharted and Lair soundtracks over to PSN too, instead of iTunes where I had to buy them from. :(

Thanks for the birthday props btw. :D

jvm

Gamasutra.
chubigans said:
I hope they release the Uncharted and Lair soundtracks over to PSN too, instead of iTunes where I had to buy them from. :(

Thanks for the birthday props btw. :D
Have you checked Amazon's download service? Stuff over there is sometimes cheaper, and they have some game soundtracks (e.g. Castlevania stuff). Not a bad deal, integrates with iTunes, unprotected MP3, etc.

tanod

when is my burrito
Thread saved. Banner arrives. In other news, I have no idea what else is coming this week, considering Wipeout HD and Bionic Commando were pushed back.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Baha said:
You could argue that for any game but they still sell the soundtrack separately.
There's no real standard at this time. Some games do, some games don't and some games don't even make their soundtrack available at all.

tha_con said:
threedollars.jpg
No need to veer into derision here. No one is trying to make this into a waaahhhmbulance issue.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
kaching said:

I guess we need to bring back "Sound test" back to more games under options. :|

Don't go to Japan, I hear they have soundtracks for pretty much every game over there on CDs that cost money.

MadFuzzy

angelfly said:
Please Sony release Suikoden today. Also no content this week for Japan :(

Japan got a Valhalla Knights 2 demo for PSP on Monday but there hasn't been anything else so far. I imagine they will have a store update tomorrow.

Also, according to the Minna no Golf 5 website, they will be releasing Costume Set 1 for 600 yen next Thursday.

angelfly

MadFuzzy said:
Japan got a Valhalla Knights 2 demo for PSP on Monday but there hasn't been anything else so far. I imagine they will have a store update tomorrow.

Also, according to the Minna no Golf 5 website, they will be releasing Costume Set 1 for 600 yen next Thursday.

I know about VK2 but wasn't count it since Japan always gets small additions throughout the week separate from the main update.

dralla said:
When is Bionic Commando coming? I want it now :[

Unfortunately got pushed into June

careksims

Yah for PSN Thursdays if only for the banners alone. Cool to see a bunch of RB songs today. Now I want some Dark Mist and PS1 games! At least give us more user pics or something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oneself said:

tanod

when is my burrito
Oneself said:

At the rate they're going, they have over 2 years worth of games already rated in America and 6 years in Europe.

Xater

SolidSnakex said:
A PSblog post indicated that it's coming around July, possibly later.

Who to believe Capcom or the PS blog?

I really hope Wipeout HD will come out next week.

Speevy

Banned
DMPrince said:
next week most likely. we don't want to be spoiled with too much great games.

Then Wipeout is coming in June, crap.

Sony, I HAVE MONEY, LET ME GIVE YOU IT. Just put something up there and I'll buy it.

GQman2121

Banned
I glad more people are getting a chance to play the Bourne game. Now they can see how much rubbish it actually is......

GQman2121

Banned
Speevy said:

Sony, I HAVE MONEY, LET ME GIVE YOU IT. Just put something up there and I'll buy it.

GT2 for the PSP maybe? I'd dropped $10 beans on that in a second........

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so thank you Koei and your UE3's Fatal Inertia EX for WipeoutHD delay , YAY for pathatic Wipeout clones .

Speevy said:

i also have $60 this week ( haze's money since i don't want to buy it anymore ) i hope they releases something ..

Motor Toon GP/GP2 this week plz sony n_n

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Totobeni said:
so thank you Koei and your UE3's Fatal Inertia EX for WipeoutHD delay , YAY for pathatic Wipeout clones .
Sony has done perfectly well on their own delaying Wipeout HD.

Crisis

Banned
Hey tanod. Welcome back for this week. I'm excited for the PixelJunk soundtrack. I hope that it's not DRM'ed or anything but the other music they've released hasn't been.

angelfly

Xater said:
Wat? we have to wait for Wipeout because of fucking Fatal Inertia? Nobody wants this piece of shit!

They're doing what Nintendo does. Holding back their big releases to give third parties a chance.

verio

You love my money, eh, Harmonix/EA?!

DLC:
Rock Band tracks - $1.99 each:
-Blur - "Beetlebum" (cover)
-Die Toten Hosen - "Hier Kommt Alex" (master)
-H-BlockX - "Countdown to Insanity" (master)
-Juli - "Perfekte Welle" (master)
-Les Wampas - "Manu Chao" (master)
-Muse - "Hysteria" (master)
-Oasis - "Rock N Roll Star" (master)
-Pleymo - "New Wave" (master)
-Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon" (master)

...will be mine. I'm hoping the 'Beetlebum' cover is good, though.

Top Bottom