• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 05/22/08

angelfly

Not too crazy about Fatal Inertia. The controls are a lot better than the 360 but it's the tracks that are the problem for me. None of the tracks are interesting. Although the one with the water was beautiful. Aside from the main game I had fun with the multiplayer with the few people playing it.

edit:

Played multiplayer a lot longer than expected. The lobby system and the time is takes to actually start a game is very slow. However theres fun to be had as it's tons more enjoyable than the main game. Just not $30 enjoyable.

Anyone try out the new Hot Shots content on the Japanese store? It looks like it's just a collection of extra wacky costumes for the characters, but I can't be sure as i'm waiting for JP PSN monies to be emailed to me :p

angelfly

Bootaaay said:
Anyone try out the new Hot Shots content on the Japanese store? It looks like it's just a collection of extra wacky costumes for the characters, but I can't be sure as i'm waiting for JP PSN monies to be emailed to me :p

That's all it is. Costume Set Vol.1.

buffi

Banned
Hong Kong store just got updated with Atelier Elie, Arcade Hits ShienRyu and Master Of Monsters Akatsuki no Kenjatachi for psone as well as the Valhalla Knights 2 Trial.

Goldrusher

Europe

full games
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (€9,99)

additional content
Army of Two - Veteran Map Pack (free)

PSone games
Rayman (€4,99)

videos
Metal Gear Solid 4 - E3 Trailer
Overlord - Trailer
Super Stardust HD - Solo & Teamplay Trailer

themes & wallpapers
PixelJunk Monsters - wallpaper
Prince of Persia - wallpapers

PSP games
MediEvil Resurrection (€19,99)

Azrael

I just don't understand why 3rd parties won't release PSN games. If it only takes a major publisher like Capcom 10 months to get their finished game certed for Europe, any small developer could get their game released worldwide on the PlayStation Store in just two years, maybe three years tops.

Rlan

Australian Store With AU Prices:

full games
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix ($15.95AU)

additional content
Army of Two - Veteran Map Pack (free)

PSone games
Rayman ($8.45AU)

videos
Metal Gear Solid 4 - E3 Trailer
Overlord - Trailer
Super Stardust HD - Solo & Teamplay Trailer

themes & wallpapers
PixelJunk Monsters - wallpaper
Prince of Persia - wallpaper * 2

PSP games
MediEvil Resurrection ($29.95AU)

That price for Puzzle Fighter is a little bizarre. That's the most expensive PSN game I can find. How much was Rocketmen for Australia? Calling all Cars is $12.95AU, Flow is $13.45AU, Everday Shooter is $12.95AU, Pixeljunk Monsters is $8.45AU.

I couldn't find the Rocketmen full game on the store either! Just the demo (which I assume you upgrade within with?)

God the European stores suck in terms of overall placement and management.

yurinka

archnemesis said:
After the nine months delay I didn't expect it to ever appear on the European PSN store. Is there any online features beside rankings?
As I remember it has on-line matches, both casual and ranked.

itxaka

Defeatist
Goldrusher said:
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (€9,99)

...the fuck?

Well i´m out. Hoping for something good for the US store so I can waste my NEWLY money from my salary into something good. Did you hear Sony? Today (as a lot of people, end of month) I got my salary and could expect to spend maybe even 30€ on shit. Now i´ll just buy a second hand game.

Fuck this european shit man, I´m so pissed off.

Azrael

itxaka said:
...the fuck?

Well i´m out. Hoping for something good for the US store so I can waste my NEWLY money from my salary into something good. Did you hear Sony? Today (as a lot of people, end of month) I got my salary and could expect to spend maybe even 30€ on shit. Now i´ll just buy a second hand game.

Fuck this european shit man, I´m so pissed off.

LOL don't count on it. There definitely won't be a new downloadable game. There's a tiny chance a PSOne game will go up, but chances are we'll get nothing today and the hacks that are in charge of PSN content will offer up the same excuses about music licensing etc. that they do every week. The NA update won't even match the Euro update of Puzzle Fighter and Rayman.

Lain

Good for people that wanted Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (after learning that there were stuff left out compared to the PS1 version I have, I'm no longer one of them) that it finally came out.
Bad for me, as I'll only check a couple trailers (Rayman was a nice game, but already have it and it isn't all that good that I'd rebuy it).

Elios83

The MGS4 trailer is the E3 2006 trailer one, which has never been released on the PSN before.
Also the Prince of Persia Arabesque wallaper is beautiful, it's my new wallpaper :D
Now I'm going to donwload the Fatal Inertia demo from the japanese store:lol and let's hope the US update bring in even more contents.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Fallout-NL said:
Why not give us Red Alert and Metal Gear Solid too? What is the fucking point to all this?
It doesn't look like they're coming anytime soon (nothing at the ESRB site), but I did found this.

2napt76.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Gosh, if only PS1 Rayman on the EU and AU stores was a solid bet for it appearing on the NA store...*sighs*

that fatal racer is complete gash.

from the gameplay to the frontend menu, the game is a total mess and the graphics are some of the worst i've seen from a next gen game - it's full of screen tearing and jaggies, just dreadful. this thing should have been aborted years back.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I bought Puzzle fighter HD US version thanks to oneheero helping me out, the only thing that sucks is that no one seems to be online, so i hope euro version can play against usa version so i can finally play it online :lol

Aru

I'm a bit disappointed about Wipeout HD, but Rayman is here :D
I'm also surprised to see Puzzle Fighter HD today...

Top Bottom