• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/12/12 - Babel Rising (Move) | Gravity Rush (Vita)

But the RRP is set by Sony, is it not? It feels like the problem stems from that.. or am I just moving the goalposts?

Yes the RRP is set by Sony but it's a guideline, not a legal requirement. The retailers are competing for customers and that drives the price downwards (unless you're GAME)

EDIT: Hmm, The EU blog just changed the price of Gravity Rush to £29.99

Tizoc

How does SEGA do it anyways?
They released VF5 Complete edition for 20 pounds, which is a reasonable price for a non-disc release.

Carl

Hmm, The EU blog just changed the price of Gravity Rush to £29.99

Yup, so now Gravity Rush is only £29.99 on UK store. I'm happy.

However, pricing makes even LESS sense now.

How can Resistance be $35.99 US and £39.99 UK, while Gravity is $35.99 US and £29.99 UK? SENSE THIS DOES NOT MAKE

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes the RRP is set by Sony but it's a guideline, not a legal requirement. The retailers are competing for customers and that drives the price downwards (unless you're GAME)

EDIT: Hmm, The EU blog just changed the price of Gravity Rush to £29.99

I wish they would release the price well in advance and have the ability to pre-download Vita titles.

I might have gone DD on this but I thought it was cheaper elsewhere and I would have to wait longer to get the DD version so I ordered it elsewhere :(

EDIT: they should also release the download size well in advance, if I knew this was than 2GB I would have definitely gone DD :(

I wish they would release the price well in advance and have the ability to pre-download Vita titles.

I might have gone DD on this but I thought it was cheaper elsewhere and I would have to wait longer to get the DD version so I ordered it elsewhere :(

Pre-downloading has only just reached the PS3 so it may be a while before the Vita gets it.

Withnail

Yup, so now Gravity Rush is only £29.99 on UK store. I'm happy.

However, pricing makes even LESS sense now.

How can Resistance be $35.99 US and £39.99 UK, while Gravity is $35.99 US and £29.99 UK? SENSE THIS DOES NOT MAKE

SCEA and SCEE both independently set their price according to what they think is appropriate, no currency conversion takes place whatsoever. Price is a marketing decision and has nothing to do with cost.

Now you could argue that Gravity Rush and Resistance and all other first party games should have the same price for the sake of consistency. But I'm not convinced that is a good idea.

Cyport

Just tried downloading an E3 video from last weeks update off the PS Vita store. The video format is not even recognised by the Vita. Is it just me or a stupid error on Sony's part? Sorry if it's been mentioned

Just tried downloading an E3 video from last weeks update off the PS Vita store. The video format is not even recognised by the Vita. Is it just me or a stupid error on Sony's part? Sorry if it's been mentioned

Stupid error on Sony's part. Some videos do work though (like Elder Fantasy AKA Soul Sacrifice).

I think it's because the video is in 1080p - which the Vita might not be able to view...

Cyport

Stupid error on Sony's part. Some videos do work though (like Elder Fantasy AKA Soul Sacrifice).

I think it's because the video is in 1080p - which the Vita might not be able to view...

Yeah it's 1080p. Still a silly amateurish error. I've just found out that GR isn't out today in the UK. So depressed now as I'm flying to Greece tomorrow and won't have internet there. I was hoping to play it on my flight. Thanks Sony.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah it's 1080p. Still a silly amateurish error. I've just found out that GR isn't out today in the UK. So depressed now as I'm flying to Greece tomorrow and won't have internet there. I was hoping to play it on my flight. Thanks Sony.

I guess that is the benefit of going for a physical copy, online retailers have been posting them today so I should have it tomorrow.

Vlodril

If you are coming to Athens the airport provides free wifi in some spots i think. Also there are various hotspots in town.

I can't access the EU store at all. Is this again unscheduled maintenance or something serious at my end? Error message is either: This service is down for maintenance or 80710d23 but that often doesn't mean much.

I can't access the EU store at all. Is this again unscheduled maintenance or something serious at my end? Error message is either: This service is down for maintenance or 80710d23 but that often doesn't mean much.

Yes, the store is down. Looks like an outage rather than maintenance.

Well, I am a new PSN user (got the Vita in february, do not have a PS3) and I have some questions regarding its use/functions, maybe here is not the best place to ask, but...

1) When I browse the PSN store on Vita, all itens shows its price, even the ones I already bought (there is no "you already have purchased this item" like in Xbox Live or Steam). What happens if I click the buy button again? Will I be charged twice??? I ask because it is pretty difficult to distinguish new itens from itens I already bought in some titles, specially DCLs for Ridge Racer or Motorstorm.

2) I assume there is no and will never be a PC browser-based store (that will be too smart for Sony...).

PSN is really bad designed if you compare it to other services (360, PC), why the hell Sony does not improve the user experience...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
1) It should show a little red shopping bag next to items you own. You can't buy an item twice, but that's one way to redownload stuff you own.

2.) No browser based store. It would certainly be nice, though. Maybe next year decade.

1) It should show a little red shopping bag next to items you own. You can't buy an item twice, but that's one way to redownload stuff you own.

I am almost sure that on Vita it displays the item price, there is no indication that you already have the item. Maybe if you click the buy there will be a message, but that is quite strange. I will check again later.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I am almost sure that on Vita it displays the item price, there is no indication that you already have the item. Maybe if you click the buy there will be a message, but that is quite strange. I will check again later.

There's red shopping bag icon next to the price and the button says "Download" instead of "Buy" (or similar, only looked at the German store). But you can only see it on the detail page not in the list.

What's the best place for a UK resident to buy a US PSN card and get it sent by e-mail? (hopefully within a few hours as well). Really want to avoid eBay and their inflated prices.

UV-6

Got sent a voucher to download Hydrophobia Prophecy for £1.19 on the UK PSN store. Don't need it so quote to revel code:

The_Monk

I was going to ask if someone got a email from Sony for a Promotion Code to get Hydrophobia Prophecy for cheap and it seems I'm not the only one.

Is it that bad? I mean, it's 1,49 ... Lol.

Tizoc

I was going to ask if someone got a email from Sony for a Promotion Code to get Hydrophobia Prophecy for cheap and it seems I'm not the only one.

Is it that bad? I mean, it's 1,49 ... Lol.

It sadly left much to be desired.

Looking forward to Magic 2013, just hope it's price on EU will be similar to US, which is $10 (or so I hear).

Top Bottom